Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe NF210 Springs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 09:12 PM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tanabe NF210 Springs???

Hi Guys... Another Noobie question..... Has anyone had any experience with these springs? The Tanabe advetises a 1.5 drop in the front and 1 in the back. without a compromise in ride.
Old 01-13-05, 09:54 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
Hi Guys... Another Noobie question..... Has anyone had any experience with these springs? The Tanabe advetises a 1.5 drop in the front and 1 in the back. without a compromise in ride.
There is always a compromise in ride.
By the way, check your PM's, I had a difficult time getting in contact with you last weekend.
Old 01-13-05, 10:06 PM
ambition
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by verylost
There is always a compromise in ride.
By the way, check your PM's, I had a difficult time getting in contact with you last weekend.
i haveb wonderd about these springs as well. my car is begging for more of a drop in the front thin the back (same tires all the way around???) i have searched but havent found any reviews on them suppodly the springs rates are only increased by about 10
% which isnt that much at all!!! i might give them a try.
Old 01-18-05, 12:58 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Ask Todd at TM Engineering about the Tanabe NF springs. He stated they have excellent ride quality, I'd call him up and ask him again though before I actually purchased them...and I believe Todd has them in stock
Old 01-18-05, 01:05 PM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

if you want an increased spring rate (more than the NF's), you might want to look into the GF springs. Last time I checked Todd had them in stock.
Old 01-18-05, 01:47 PM
AllBoutDaZ
Lead Lap

any pics of those cars with those lowering springs on??
Old 01-18-05, 03:15 PM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Does Tanabe make the NF for a SC or a supra?
Old 01-18-05, 10:49 PM
ambition
Rookie

Originally Posted by meZoom!
if you want an increased spring rate (more than the NF's), you might want to look into the GF springs. Last time I checked Todd had them in stock.

dont know about anyone else but i want as close to OEM spec as possible that why i got a lexus i already have a track car EEEEEKKKKKK its rough.

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Ask Todd at TM Engineering about the Tanabe NF springs. He stated they have excellent ride quality, I'd call him up and ask him again though before I actually purchased them...and I believe Todd has them in stock
#?

Originally Posted by jeremyp111
Does Tanabe make the NF for a SC or a supra?
SC,! this is a lexus site and a "sc400/300 suspension forum"
Old 01-25-05, 12:18 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ambition
#?
Do a search for "TMEngineering.net" ...YOU need the info, YOU have to do some research
Old 01-14-06, 06:50 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

I have the GF210 springs on stock shocks on the 240 and they are awesome. They handle great and the ride comfort is near stock. Great appearance too with the front being slighlty lower than the back.
Old 01-15-06, 09:53 AM
Splatsc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NoS
I have the GF210 springs on stock shocks on the 240 and they are awesome. They handle great and the ride comfort is near stock. Great appearance too with the front being slighlty lower than the back.

thats good to know I'm in the middle of putting these on my sc..
Old 01-15-06, 10:35 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
The Tanabe springs ride great with Tokico shocks. I had them before on my SC400. However, the 1.5" drop in front and 0.4" rear advertisement is not correct. That's what I thought when I first bought them so they'll sit evenly, but it turned out the front looked higher than the rear for about 0.5". I then had to switch to a Tein coilover to make them even. Another alternative is to use 93-98 Supra lowering springs with Supra shocks that really have 1.5" lowered front and 0.5" lowered rear. There's a lot more options for Supra stuffs than SC. Supra and SC suspensions are totally interchangeable, given that you use a complete set. Check out for more info. at: http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#028. I wished that I knew this before I bought the Tanabe springs.
Old 01-24-06, 01:20 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by stevechumo
The Tanabe springs ride great with Tokico shocks. I had them before on my SC400. However, the 1.5" drop in front and 0.4" rear advertisement is not correct. That's what I thought when I first bought them so they'll sit evenly, but it turned out the front looked higher than the rear for about 0.5". I then had to switch to a Tein coilover to make them even. Another alternative is to use 93-98 Supra lowering springs with Supra shocks that really have 1.5" lowered front and 0.5" lowered rear. There's a lot more options for Supra stuffs than SC. Supra and SC suspensions are totally interchangeable, given that you use a complete set. Check out for more info. at: http://www.intellexual.net/faq.html#028. I wished that I knew this before I bought the Tanabe springs.
Wait a sec. Everyone is saying that the front would be lower and you are complaining that the front ended up being .5 inch higher than the rear
Old 01-24-06, 01:32 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Wait a sec. Everyone is saying that the front would be lower and you are complaining that the front ended up being .5 inch higher than the rear
That's correct and happened to me. I'm also positive it happened to others as well. I had all new bushings installed at the time. This height was measured with the rear wheel wells cut & rolled up. If they're not rolled up, the rear height would be even lowered. I really wished the front was lower so I didn't have to waste another $830 on the Tein Super Street, or $460 for the Tanabe & Tokico blues. That's sad, buddy. However, I like the Tein better for more renponsive handling, although it's stiffer than the Tanabe & Tokico setup. Be carefull in choosing for your setup.
Old 01-25-06, 07:25 PM
supra_trd
Driver

Here are some pictures of G210 VS Eibach springs from my Supra Twin Turbo.
The only different is the rear from G210 spring is longer than Eibach, therefore G210 might have better ride quality than Eibach but I have to try it this coming spring.
Attached Thumbnails Tanabe NF210 Springs???-bs.jpg  

Quick Reply: Tanabe NF210 Springs???