Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

pix request: lowered on Eibach or H&R springs.

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 10:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

not bad at all, congrats. maybe you can take a side pics showing how many finger gap you got there
Old 01-26-05, 05:42 AM
GS1day
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Henry-

Can I call you Henry? You've helped me before but we've never met, and I don't know whow to pronounce your screen name -

BTW - what does it stand for anyway?

OK...here's some side pics...not too good at 6:30 am but you get the picture

Fred
Attached Thumbnails pix request: lowered on Eibach or H&R springs.-gs400_fl_gap.jpg  

Last edited by GS1day; 01-26-05 at 05:47 AM.
Old 01-26-05, 05:44 AM
GS1day
Driver

Default Thanks Chigga...

I think it looks pretty good myself. I travel back and forth too much to New Orleans from Austin,TX
and I can't afford to pay for new 18" + tires every year.

here's the left rear-

Oh....and please don't comment on the tires...they came with the rims, and were not my first choice.....but you know what they say....beggers can't be choosers
Attached Thumbnails pix request: lowered on Eibach or H&R springs.-gs400_rl_gap.jpg  
Old 01-26-05, 08:43 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

BTW= By The Way.

hey what springs are those again?
Old 01-26-05, 10:55 AM
GS1day
Driver

Default Thats funny.....

Chigga - I'm sorry, I was asking Henry what his user name stands for, not what BTW stands for

thanks for the follow-up though-

My springs are Eibach springs with L-tuned struts. The suspension is used, so it probably will not settle out anymore than it is. Any lower, and I will not be a fully functional - you can't haul-@ss if you bounce through every intersection scrapping the ground!

BTW- This is what I use when I REALLY want to go fast! Forget the GS, my BUSA will leave you at a stop light looking around like you're lost....

There really is no better thrill, than to roll up next to a ________ (insert fast car here) and hand them a new @ss.

$100,000 for a car that can't get close enough to read my license plate? sorry thats life

OK - I know you can't compare motorcycles to cars, but there is only ONE upgrade for only $6500 that will get you 0-60 in 3 seconds and a top speed of 200 mph - that is a 2001 modified BUSA
Attached Thumbnails pix request: lowered on Eibach or H&R springs.-workbikes-007.jpg  

Last edited by GS1day; 01-26-05 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-26-05, 12:47 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, as a general rule of thumb, if you change aftermarket springs without changing the factory shocks, you will get a pretty much factory ride but you will shorten the shock life by quite a bit. They are not designed to be compressed low for extended periods of time and usually wear out within 6mth-1yr depending on your driving condition.

I always suggest to change the shocks as well when you do swap out the springs. But then you will be getting close to coilovers territory in price and some people just decide to trade it all up to coilovers anyway....
Old 01-26-05, 09:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS1day
Can I call you Henry? You've helped me before but we've never met, and I don't know whow to pronounce your screen name -

BTW - what does it stand for anyway?

OK...here's some side pics...not too good at 6:30 am but you get the picture

Fred
hey that's some nice drops there, i think it's good for springs!

and no problem calling me henry, a lot of people here know about my real name anyway

oh and i am sorry, too many people pm me every day, so please pardon me if i forgot talking to you

btw means by the way as others stated. i type so much every day, i use a lot of short forms
Old 01-27-05, 05:15 AM
GS1day
Driver

Default thanks guys....but

I already knew what BTW meant. Looking back, I see that I was not clear at all. What I meant to say was, BTW - what does your user ID ROMINL mean?

I was just curious waht it stands for, or is it some acronym that I can't see? anyway-

thanks for the complement on the look - I DO appreaciate it....

it means a lot coming from fellow GS lovers --
Old 01-27-05, 03:14 PM
Gs430Boi
Lead Lap

would l tuned sides with tte lip rub going over speed bumps with the eibach springs this is with the fat setup? i was wondering so i can pick out my suspension
Old 01-27-05, 08:50 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by GS1day
I already knew what BTW meant. Looking back, I see that I was not clear at all. What I meant to say was, BTW - what does your user ID ROMINL mean?

I was just curious waht it stands for, or is it some acronym that I can't see? anyway-

thanks for the complement on the look - I DO appreaciate it....

it means a lot coming from fellow GS lovers --
funny that a lot of people ask me where my rominl comes from. it's actually an alias i used back in college to report all homework and exam cheaters -- i hate those people

ok, let's not get OT
Old 01-27-05, 08:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Gs430Boi
would l tuned sides with tte lip rub going over speed bumps with the eibach springs this is with the fat setup? i was wondering so i can pick out my suspension
well with tte and ltuned, if you are not careful on any lowered car you are going to scrap them for sure. imho, with those kits or not, if your car is lowered you should always be careful on going over any bumps or up any driveways