Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Front Camber Kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-05, 04:49 PM
RADSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Front Camber Kit installed

Setup: 18" rims with Supra TT tokico illumina setup

front tires lasted approx 9mo (with flipping from right to left once).

Since i decided to keep the car as a beater, i wanted a solution.

I'd like to thank Todd from TM Engineering. He installed the Daizen front camber kit. He's a straight shooter without any BS!

With the front camber kit, I noticed immediately, less tracking( back to the stock feel)!

I'm gonna get an alignment coming saturday with possible install of new supra lca's.

I'll post my findings.

Again,
TM Engineering highly recommended.
Old 01-18-05, 08:14 AM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

That's nice to hear! Lets see some pics. You only had to have the front camber kit installed? How much was the rear lowered with that set up?

I've got Supra TT eibachs and the Daizen camber kit sitting in my apartment just waiting to be installed. I wish I was near Near TM Engineering so Todd could install my stuff. I keep getting quoted $400-600 to do the install here in Houston, which is crazy. If I just had a press, then I could install the camber kit myself....

Last edited by Khaos; 01-18-05 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-19-05, 12:05 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

What was the total cost including installation? I need to get a set of these on my car stat.
Old 01-19-05, 06:47 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

i had these installed along with sway bar bushings, sway bars, control arm upper, lower, front, rear and camber kits and it cost me $650 to get them installed.

they are all awesome, most excellent, highly recommended and Todd at TM is awesome!
Old 01-19-05, 06:19 PM
RADSC
Driver

Default price

It's 400$ parts and labor for the camber kit. I think it's a fair price.

I installed the springs/shocks myself, and that was a pain. Same install process with extra work of removing the ball joint, and then removing the old bushes. Then installing the new ones.

Not my cup of tea anymore. Rather work, or spend time with wife and buddies.

Good luck.

PS< still waiting to get alignment and new install of lca's.
Old 01-20-05, 10:43 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Did you get it done at TMengineering? How long did it take and did you have to make an appointment?
Old 01-20-05, 12:46 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VSsc400
i had these installed along with sway bar bushings, sway bars, control arm upper, lower, front, rear and camber kits and it cost me $650 to get them installed.
Todd quoted me $500 JUST to install lower control arm bushings, that was labor only and ONLY for the front lower bushings. If he installed ALL that stuff for you for $650 then you got a helluva deal on labor...

I need to find someone local willing to install some springs/struts for a decent price.
Old 01-20-05, 12:56 PM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Todd quoted me $500 JUST to install lower control arm bushings, that was labor only and ONLY for the front lower bushings. If he installed ALL that stuff for you for $650 then you got a helluva deal on labor...

I need to find someone local willing to install some springs/struts for a decent price.
This guy does all of our family cars (integra, altima, sc400, rx300) services and all of our local car club member and their family cars (Cherokee, 2x GSX, M3, WRX, 2.5RS, expedition, altima, integra, g20, odyssey, S70, passat, sc400, 3x SE-R, G35x, and an accord)

which I brought to this guy as a client. He owes me huge lol there is at least one car at the shop at all times getting something installed or getting some sort of maintenance done. So i brought him 23+ customers
Old 01-20-05, 12:59 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would explain the hook-up price...I should roll down to his shop wth you one of these days, lol.
Old 01-23-05, 09:51 AM
RADSC
Driver

Default just installed supra lca's and front aligned

NO MORE TRAMLINING!

Just installed new lca's and got the alignment after TME installed daizen front camber kits last wk.

Daizen camber kit- A MUST- once you lower your car, tramlining is significantly increased. I got used to it, but people who borrowed my car were freaked out b/z the roads in so cal are not to good. Again, i think it is a must to correct the negative camber after dropping your car.

LCA's- The rear bushing is the bushing that usually fails (it appears to be designed with more movement). The front bushings is beefy (it contains lots more rubber. Mine were still intact).

Supra LCA's- comparing it to the stock lca's, the bushings look similar. I CANNOT tell the difference. To those who say your ride will degrade? Absolutely FALSE. I recommend the fix (it saves the shop time and the trouble of pressing in the new bushing).

An alternative would be to just have the shop press in the new bushings (if your ball joints are intact. Mine were fine even after 200k miles). Press in the rear bushings if not the front also. A specialized alignment place/ or suspension place could do this for 75-100$ labor per side. (Vodie in so cal).

Conclusion:

Correcting the negative camber is key to restoring the stock steering and feel. Bye, bye tramlining.

The rear bushings of the front lca are the culprit.

Supra lca's look and feel just like stock. They do not degrade the ride.

TME is a great place to have the camber kit installed correctly.

To save money (if your ball joint is okay) just replace the rear if not the front bushing.

good luck

Last edited by RADSC; 01-23-05 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-03-05, 03:11 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hey Guys i have a question for anyone who has installed Daizen's camber kit front & Rear.

I have the Supra TT INTRAX Sport Lowering Springs Turbo - Front/1.5" - Rear/1.3"
Tires are 245-40-18 front, and 265-35-18 Rear
I have a camber problem just as many others do also.

I purchased the Daizen kit, and when I received it I found out it moves the top of the tire out rather then more commonly moving the botton of the tire in.

My Question is that I can't see how the tire doesn't rub already, and I'm affraid of moving the tire out any further.

Has anyone had this problem, and does the tire hit the fender with the Daizen kit?
Old 02-03-05, 04:00 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

this was also a major concern of mine. I already had to trim the inner fender because my tires would rub slightly. 5mm doesnt sound like much but could mean the difference between having these wheels at all anymore or reverting to the stock TT ones in my garage
Old 02-03-05, 05:52 PM
RADSC
Driver

If your wheel/tire combo is rubbing now, most likely it will rub after the camber correction.

good luck.
Old 02-03-05, 06:59 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rdm20fan

My Question is that I can't see how the tire doesn't rub already, and I'm affraid of moving the tire out any further.

Has anyone had this problem, and does the tire hit the fender with the Daizen kit?
It doesn't rub. Has anyone who has experienced a simular setup had rubbing?
Old 04-15-05, 12:21 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

is it possible to install this camber kit yourself? I'm planning to install my coilovers myself when I get them so I'd like to do the camber kit at the same time.

Quick Reply: Daizen Front Camber Kit installed