Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

opinions on gs4 lca bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-05, 08:26 AM
NICKGS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any opinions on gs4 lca bushings

just finished reading every thread reguarding lca bushings, read some concerns about replacing oem bushings with polyurethane bushings pertaining to the stifness or ride of the vehicle. I'm planning to replace the lca bushings and just want to make sure i make the right choice due to the amount of labor involved, I know that the daizen bushings are better in quality than oem but I still want to keep the ride quality that lexus is known for- I can sacrifice some ride comfort for a bushing that will last longer than oem, gs4 w/94,000 miles. Any replies are sincerely appreciated-thank you.

Last edited by NICKGS4; 02-06-05 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-06-05, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well mine are all cracked and i am still waiting for daizen. i would rather have a more durable one
Old 02-06-05, 10:41 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NICKGS4
just finished reading every thread reguarding lca bushings, read some concerns about replacing oem bushings with polyurethane bushings pertaining to the stifness or ride of the vehicle. I'm planning to replace the lca bushings and just want to make sure i make the right choice due to the amount of labor involved, I know that the daizen bushings are better in quality than oem but I still want to keep the ride quality that lexus is known for- I can sacrifice some ride comfort for a bushing that will last longer than oem, gs4 w/94,000 miles. Any replies are sincerely appreciated-thank you.
Haven't had to face the decision about choosing control arms bushings for the GS yet, I suppose that time will come eventually as my 98 GS400 ages. However, for my 92 SC400 I went with the ones designed and engineered by Andrew Vlamos, the Aussie engineer who marketed the only (at the time) OEM style replacement. No polyurethane there and the ride quality is a restoration of when the car was new (13 years ago). Along with new steering rack bushings, engine and tranny mounts, and Daizen sway bar bushings installed at the same time, the car actually rides and handles BETTER than when it was new, despite having over 337, 000 miles now. If Andrew has any plans to bring out bushing for the GS, I would not hesitate to buy and install them. If not, ride quality , road noise, vibration and harshness will be superior with factory replacement rubber bushing -equipped control arms. Obviously the cost will be higer than the Daizen aftermarket bushings, and if cost is a major concern then that would be a cheaper alternative, but I think ride quality will suffer.