Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-01, 12:33 AM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

H&R or Eibach? I was wandering if anyone could give some advice based on experience. I want to be able to perform, but also want to keep the ride as comfortable as possible. I will be using with Bilsteins and will upgrade from 17"s later. Thanks
Old 03-01-01, 01:03 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Eibachs

I have the Eibach's with TRD struts & while the ride is firmer, it's not really bad & well worth the upgrade. If U want a softer ( but flatter performing ) ride, might ask about the L-Tuned springs from some of the other members.
Old 03-01-01, 05:33 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up L-Tuned Springs

I have the L-Tuned suspension, the springs are made by Eibach and are the same as the Pro Kit. The ride is definitely stiffer but no major sacrifice in comfort at all. A couple people have done both combos HR/Bilstein and Eibach/Bilstein I'd wait to get their opinions if you can but either way I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 03-01-01, 08:36 AM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Springs

I have the Eibach/Bilstein combo on my 00GS4. I have about 7K miles on them and love them.

I belive that the HR will be a LITTLE harder in ride comfort. The HR are also a LITTLE bigger drop. I think like 1.2" from the Eibach 1.0" drop. Both are quality springs and you really can't go wrong with either one.
If you need a softer feel go with the Eibach. Harder cornering go with the HR.

If you really need comfort feel go with the Ltuned combo and don't use the HR/Bilstein or Eibach/Bilstein.
Note that the Bilsteins come with a life time warranty.
The Ltuned if installed by your dealer will be covered by your Lexus warranty.

MOST IMPORTANT. Get someone qualified to install and align your car. This is where most people run into trouble. The install should be about $300 with alignment.
Old 03-01-01, 11:09 AM
RacingAristo

It seems we have lots of similar discussion regarding suspension lately.

I too have Eibach Prokit with Bilstein Sport Shock. The car is not stiff but firm and that is what I call a performance sedan. As alex mentioned, Bilstein comes with life time warranty while Ltuned is only 1 year. I bet you can see the difference between those two (quality).

I had H&R with Bilstein on my 97 M3 and the car is stiff! No kidding! Despite of that, H&R drops a little more than Eibach. So is it worth to compromise the ride comfort? You be the judge.