Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Opinions on big brake caliper colors??

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-05, 07:04 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i vote Red, not for any biased reasons ....i do think Blk would look great but i still think Red is a very strong color on any color car...4 corner would be a great addition. only one car in this site and overall that i know with 20's and 4 corner big brake kit , right now .....Ken's(Lxogood) car looks just plain sick with that set up... not sure if you can try this tho since you went with 20x11 in the rear? well good luck man i hope this cars gets out by Nopi in Sept so we can get some pics their together...
Old 02-08-05, 07:07 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If this car isnt done by Nopi......someone will be hospitalized, and someone will be locked up!!
Old 02-08-05, 08:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
If this car isnt done by Nopi......someone will be hospitalized, and someone will be locked up!!
ah man, that's cruel anyway, hope you get your car soon.

i am not so sure about body color matching, i think that's too much. red might be played out but it does show very well though

oh and for just the front... dunno man, stoptech can says al lthe way, but if it's just the front setup, to be honest, i wonder how it's going to be full balanced, considering that so much more force is put in the front. granted the ap racing is the same way, and i do admit that the ap racing does improve braking dramatically, but i dont' agree it's balanced/

the 4 corners that's a balanced setup i say (the rear has less piston area than the front). and they don't admit they have 4 corners for the gs? this is amazing.... send them pics of redgs4's car... and that they actually messed up the rear brackets in the beginning (i believe)

oh jeff, now just food for thoughts for you. why not get the ap racing 6/4 setup for the supra, and just make a custom bracket for the rear?
1) the front is the same as the one they have for the gs4, so that's done
2) they have 13.5 and 14" setup to choose from now, of course go with 14, and it actually has a bit more wheel clearance i believe
3) the rear is 4 pistons, the bracket isn't that hard to make
4) from the research i have done, the rear setup doesn't really require much more wheel clearance than the stock wheels. so there is a good chance it will fit under your new wheels!

Old 02-08-05, 08:46 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Yep, Stoptech say sthey do not have the 4 corner set up for the 98 and up GS. I asked them last year, and about 10 more times throughout 04, and again today.....they say no. I know RedGS4 has them on his car, and Flashgordon has them on his car......they fit, but they are telling me they do not make them.

One thing to consider, I can get the 14" Stoptechs with pads and lines for the front, rear rotors and pads, and rear SS lines for roughly $200 less than the AP Racings....Im getting good prices on both, but much better on the Stoptechs. If it were a matter of one being better than the other, then I wouldnt think about the money.....but I think they are comparable in quality and stopping power. Much more for my money with the Stoptechs.
Old 02-08-05, 08:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Yep, Stoptech say sthey do not have the 4 corner set up for the 98 and up GS. I asked them last year, and about 10 more times throughout 04, and again today.....they say no. I know RedGS4 has them on his car, and Flashgordon has them on his car......they fit, but they are telling me they do not make them.

One thing to consider, I can get the 14" Stoptechs with pads and lines for the front, rear rotors and pads, and rear SS lines for roughly $200 less than the AP Racings....Im getting good prices on both, but much better on the Stoptechs. If it were a matter of one being better than the other, then I wouldnt think about the money.....but I think they are comparable in quality and stopping power. Much more for my money with the Stoptechs.
ok i might be bisaed, but i will try not to be seems like you wanna show your car, what's better than having more pistons imho? yes you may say that 6 pots is overkill, but the status of ap racing is really up there man

and let's look at another factor. if you ask me, if you want to make your car exclusive, the lack of 4 corners is a bit bummer (considering what you have and are doing to the gs4, jeff ). i was being very serious about getting the ap racing 6/4 setup and just custom fit the rear with a bracket. it's going to look so clean and sick. there is no match on that man

if you talk about 4 corners setup, 4/4 on stoptech (let's just say you can get it somehow) and 6/4 ap racing, you will pay a bit more on ap racing but the difference is huge imho
Old 02-08-05, 09:02 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Damn.....I must have had a brain lapse today....I was thinking all along that the Stoptechs were 6 pots in the front......and this is coming from a guy that has already owned them!

Ok Rom, your right.......the AP Racings are most likely better due to the 6 pots......
Old 02-08-05, 09:09 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rotora makes a 6/4 setup...
Old 02-08-05, 09:14 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Rotora makes a 6/4 setup

In chrome too.....with etched logos.....ooohhhh!!!!

How was the clearance on your rear calipers compared to stock?
Old 02-08-05, 09:18 PM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff- If you're set on 6 pot calipers, then you could always go with Rotora and get that light metallic blue, gold or gunmetal! They definitely have an array of colors to choose from. Then you could always add the rear 4 pot down the road if you don't happen to follow that route from onset...mmmm, decisions decisions...I've been battling the same exact issue myself for the past couple of months- what brand, what color for my PDW
Old 02-08-05, 09:36 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In chrome too.....with etched logos.....ooohhhh!!!!

How was the clearance on your rear calipers compared to stock?

Jeff, I had a custom brake setup built for my car... Due to my rear wheel having a super low disk setup, I could not fit a normal 4 pot in the rear without having to use a spacer. I did not want to use a spacer for the rear so I had them use a smaller 4 pot for the rear and a larger 4 pot up front. My rear setup allows me to have 2mm clearance even with my low disk setup. Being sponsored by Rotora allowed this custom setup to be done..twice... Once with my red set, once with the metallic blue set. I really had to twist some arms to get them to do the blue set for me. I still have the red set at home that I will be selling once I get the custom brackets from Rotora.
I would love to see an all for corner BBK on your car. But having 11" rears may be a problem. Your disk type and offset will play a major role if you are going to have all fours on your car.
Old 02-08-05, 10:58 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, Stoptech only makes them in red, black, and I think you can get a custom spray of yellow or dark blue.
Here are the StopTech colors:

Old 02-08-05, 11:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Damn.....I must have had a brain lapse today....I was thinking all along that the Stoptechs were 6 pots in the front......and this is coming from a guy that has already owned them!

Ok Rom, your right.......the AP Racings are most likely better due to the 6 pots......
haha jeff, how could you possibly missed that yup, the stoptech is "only" 4 pots. in terms of 6 pots, only ap racing, endless, and rotora readily available for the gs.

actually brembo they have a SICK setup for the sc430, which i am sure will fit on the gs (they have the same bracket setup). it's 8 pots in the front and 6 in the back. it's the setup used by wald on their sc430 kompressor. more stuff to think about, jeff?
Old 02-08-05, 11:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dr.G
Jeff- If you're set on 6 pot calipers, then you could always go with Rotora and get that light metallic blue, gold or gunmetal! They definitely have an array of colors to choose from. Then you could always add the rear 4 pot down the road if you don't happen to follow that route from onset...mmmm, decisions decisions...I've been battling the same exact issue myself for the past couple of months- what brand, what color for my PDW
ummm that would be a really bad idea. y ou should always get brakes front and back (if any) at the same time. correct me if i am wrong, i thought the 6/4 setup the calipers are different, and not like the caliper if you just get the front setup. maybe ken can chime in more

bottom line i think brakes are very important and really need to be careful
Old 02-09-05, 02:31 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
ah man, that's cruel anyway, hope you get your car soon.

i am not so sure about body color matching, i think that's too much. red might be played out but it does show very well though

oh and for just the front... dunno man, stoptech can says al lthe way, but if it's just the front setup, to be honest, i wonder how it's going to be full balanced, considering that so much more force is put in the front. granted the ap racing is the same way, and i do admit that the ap racing does improve braking dramatically, but i dont' agree it's balanced/

the 4 corners that's a balanced setup i say (the rear has less piston area than the front). and they don't admit they have 4 corners for the gs? this is amazing.... send them pics of redgs4's car... and that they actually messed up the rear brackets in the beginning (i believe)

oh jeff, now just food for thoughts for you. why not get the ap racing 6/4 setup for the supra, and just make a custom bracket for the rear?
1) the front is the same as the one they have for the gs4, so that's done
2) they have 13.5 and 14" setup to choose from now, of course go with 14, and it actually has a bit more wheel clearance i believe
3) the rear is 4 pistons, the bracket isn't that hard to make
4) from the research i have done, the rear setup doesn't really require much more wheel clearance than the stock wheels. so there is a good chance it will fit under your new wheels!

henry,

so wait....just to confirm...I can get a 14" 6 pot AP racing setup? if so....I think we need to talk again man i know the endless big brake kit is 6 pot but its 13 inches...

cody
Old 02-09-05, 02:34 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
haha jeff, how could you possibly missed that yup, the stoptech is "only" 4 pots. in terms of 6 pots, only ap racing, endless, and rotora readily available for the gs.

actually brembo they have a SICK setup for the sc430, which i am sure will fit on the gs (they have the same bracket setup). it's 8 pots in the front and 6 in the back. it's the setup used by wald on their sc430 kompressor. more stuff to think about, jeff?
8 pots up front....6 pots in the rear....wow geeze that crazy but i guess you gotta get super high disk wheels on both front and rear..which means not as much lip tho

Quick Reply: Opinions on big brake caliper colors??