Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

heres my REAR BID BRAKE UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-05, 02:46 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
remember my set up is 6/2 (the rears are still 2 pots)
Ed, did you change out your fronts to something new?
Old 02-17-05, 04:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Hey Ed, congrats on the rear BBK upgrade!

I have to preface my comments before I say them so that it is clear where I am coming from.

My comments have nothing to do with the merits/justification or lack thereof etc. of doing a rear BBK upgrade. Nor are the based on any factual data or for that matter subjective opinion. I know I have a BBK on my fronts only, and I am reasonably happy with them considering how I drive. I also think having some sort of upgraded rear brakes for my setup will definitely make them better. How much better? I have no idea. No $$$ to do it anyway, so probably will not do it anytime soon.

For you Ed, I think it is very important that you did this upgrade just because of your "track" style of driving on non-track roads! That's all I wanted say!
Old 02-17-05, 05:07 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Ed, congrats on the rear BBK upgrade!

I have to preface my comments before I say them so that it is clear where I am coming from.

My comments have nothing to do with the merits/justification or lack thereof etc. of doing a rear BBK upgrade. Nor are the based on any factual data or for that matter subjective opinion. I know I have a BBK on my fronts only, and I am reasonably happy with them considering how I drive. I also think having some sort of upgraded rear brakes for my setup will definitely make them better. How much better? I have no idea. No $$$ to do it anyway, so probably will not do it anytime soon.

For you Ed, I think it is very important that you did this upgrade just because of your "track" style of driving on non-track roads! That's all I wanted say!

man hameed , you got me pegged on the road... i really need to slow down .........not .. while i am fast i am also very aware and alert of my surroundings and do not put others indanger.. making sure i have as much stopping power availabale is one of the reasons for doing this upgrade..

chris my typo i meant 4/2 setup...

man i wish some of you lived close by to take a drive on the rollercoaster with me and let me let you feel the amount of clamping force that the setup is delivering in a very balanced controlled fashion... i will take some neutral guys out for a quick drive at out upcoming orlando meet this sat and let them give you their unbiased opinions
Old 02-17-05, 08:45 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man hameed , you got me pegged on the road... i really need to slow down .........not .. while i am fast i am also very aware and alert of my surroundings and do not put others indanger.. making sure i have as much stopping power availabale is one of the reasons for doing this upgrade..

chris my typo i meant 4/2 setup...

man i wish some of you lived close by to take a drive on the rollercoaster with me and let me let you feel the amount of clamping force that the setup is delivering in a very balanced controlled fashion... i will take some neutral guys out for a quick drive at out upcoming orlando meet this sat and let them give you their unbiased opinions
comparisons of any kind is always welcome!
Old 02-17-05, 09:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

dave i will post it up for you by tomm am and the diff in pad sizes
bump for info harvesting
Old 02-18-05, 03:36 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
bump for info harvesting

sorry dave been busy working on a couple of guys cars getting ready for orlando meet tomm i promise to post it up on sunday when i get back
Old 02-20-05, 01:19 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

well i had the opp yesterday going to the orlando meet and running with over a dozen boosted is's and sc300's to really test the stopping power of this new setup.. it worked flawlessly. we all drove like bats out of hell , 3hrs of 90-140mph runs and sudden hard braking and i exp no fade or let up whatsoever.. the clamping forces is still unbelieveable to me in fact some guys that were trailing off my bumper almost rammed me a few times for their nrakes would not react as quickly

Guys i say this again , do yourself and others around you a favor and do the upgrade for much better brake modulation and response
Old 02-21-05, 05:22 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eds Rear BBK PIC

Happened to snap a shot of lexforlife's rear brake set-up. Ed's car and the BBK look better in person, but here goes anyway.
Attached Thumbnails heres my REAR BID BRAKE UPGRADE-ed-bbk-rear.jpg  
Old 02-21-05, 05:25 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice pics...
in deed in person it was very nice... i like this upgrade alot..
Old 02-21-05, 05:27 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

sorry dave been busy working on a couple of guys cars getting ready for orlando meet tomm i promise to post it up on sunday when i get back
Got the info Ed?
Old 02-21-05, 05:37 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Got the info Ed?

okay dave here you go

heres a side by side comparison on the pad sizes

the one on the left is gs oem , ls430 center and supra tt on the right

notice the ls430 pad surface area almost twice the size of oem gs

gs oem rear rotor is 12.07 and solid , the supra tt rotor (which is what you have to use to mount these) are almost 13 in and are vented like the fronts for better heat disp..

and heres a closeup of the caliper , notice the size of the pistons vs stock

Last edited by lexforlife; 02-21-05 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-21-05, 05:38 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pads size comparison

LS430 vs Supra

Old 02-21-05, 05:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

dave and to rest of my fellow members , i cant find where i actually put the weight comparison but its about a 3-4 lb diff per caliper.. they are super light and are monoblock alum

hkg300 , thanks for posting that up
Old 02-21-05, 05:58 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Happened to snap a shot of lexforlife's rear brake set-up. Ed's car and the BBK look better in person, but here goes anyway.
thanks terry , it was certainly a pleasure finally getting to meet you ... hopefully we can get together a little more often

to those who dont know , teelexs car is really really pristine.. the vertex kit and the wheels go hand in hand and flow perfectly..
Old 02-21-05, 06:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

dave and to rest of my fellow members , i cant find where i actually put the weight comparison but its about a 3-4 lb diff per caliper.. they are super light and are monoblock alum

hkg300 , thanks for posting that up
having monoblock is always a plus coz' of the light weight, awesome

Quick Reply: heres my REAR BID BRAKE UPGRADE