Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

heres my REAR BID BRAKE UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 07:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
gs oem rear rotor is 12.07 and solid , the supra tt rotor (which is what you have to use to mount these) are almost 13 in and are vented like the fronts for better heat disp..
Great info Ed!

So is the rotor you use for the rear in your setup the same as the front Supra TT rotor or the same as the rear Supra TT rotor?

==================================

Edit - great info here on the Supra TT weights for comparison
http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/...uction/car.php

Stock brake pads (front) 5.00 lb Stock Supra TT brake pads (front - set of 4)
Stock brake rotors (front) 20.50 lb Stock brake rotors (front)
Stock brake rotor (rear) 14.00 lb Stock Supra TT brake rotor (rear)
Stock brake caliper (front) 15.00 lb Stock Supra TT brake caliper (front)
Stock brake caliper (rear) 6.00 lb Stock Supra TT brake caliper (rear)

vs weights I took myself on a UPS scale from my old Supra TT front brake setup
Supra front Rotor 19.65 (drilled / slotted)
Supra TT front caliper with EBC pad 16.45

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-21-05 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-22-05, 01:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

the rotor for the rear is from the supra tt rear ... all specs are equal to oem gs except the width because of venting and the overall dia.. bolt pattern and hubspacing for emgerncy brake parts are the same ...

dave i would highly recc this mod to anyone who has perf in mind and looks secondary... its a nice compliment to your front hands down
Old 03-25-05, 05:49 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any update on the performance?
Old 03-25-05, 05:54 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HKGS300
any update on the performance?

brake setup works like a charm.. i now find myself waiting for the last moment to brake and also find myself doing more 100 to 0 stops just because i like the smooth linear instant feel of the complete setup...

it feels like a brembo 4 wheel setup if they made one
Old 03-25-05, 06:49 AM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds great!

perhaps it is time that someone else install these on his car ... and if you could do some benchmarking/comparisons to front calipers only BBKs...
Old 03-27-05, 09:17 AM
Cypriot
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Endless have good racing brake kit for rear.
332 mm and 4 spot.
Old 03-27-05, 09:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cypriot
332 mm and 4 spot.

yeah i hear ya bro and so does rotora and stop tech but why spend 4-6k dollars and a big brake kit like those which is tremdous overkill and does not stop any shorter or faster then a supra tt front back or supra tt front with ls430 rears ..

i mean my set up front to back is a hair under 2k for everything and depending how you buy the calipers can be in the 1500 -1700 range ...

if 700hp supra feel the tt brakes are more then adaquate for stopping power thats good enough for my little old 300+ hp machine

although one cant dispute the wow factor on a endless setup but it would take a whole lot of WOW for me to digest forking over 5k for that setup
Old 03-27-05, 10:19 AM
Cypriot
Rookie

yeah i hear ya bro and so does rotora and stop tech but why spend 4-6k dollars and a big brake kit like those which is tremdous overkill and does not stop any shorter or faster then a supra tt front back or supra tt front with ls430 rears ..

i mean my set up front to back is a hair under 2k for everything and depending how you buy the calipers can be in the 1500 -1700 range ...

if 700hp supra feel the tt brakes are more then adaquate for stopping power thats good enough for my little old 300+ hp machine

although one cant dispute the wow factor on a endless setup but it would take a whole lot of WOW for me to digest forking over 5k for that setup
yes, you are right. It is depent of what are you plan to do.
I will go up to 750 hp....this is reason.
Old 03-27-05, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

just to clarify, stoptech has no rear setup for the gs right now
Old 03-27-05, 12:42 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cypriot
332 mm and 4 spot.
Make sure these are paired with the appropriate/complementary Endless front though. lexforlife has the Supra TT front and rear. These were designed to work together.
Old 03-27-05, 02:46 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
Make sure these are paired with the appropriate/complementary Endless front though. lexforlife has the Supra TT front and rear. These were designed to work together.
little correction

i have supra tt fronts with 2001 ls430 rears
Old 03-27-05, 06:59 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

little correction

i have supra tt fronts with 2001 ls430 rears
Memory failing me. Must be getting old. Thanks Ed.
Old 03-28-05, 05:34 PM
StopTech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
just to clarify, stoptech has no rear setup for the gs right now
We are working on a rear kit for the GS. This will be a 2 piston caliper rather than a 4 piston. The problem with the 4 piston is that it created too much brake torque putting brake bias on the rear. With too much brake bias on the rear, braking becomes unstable. This may explain some of the confusion that is out there.

the bracket is custom made out of asia.. it is made out of hardened composite steel just like the ones used by stoptech/rotora..
Our brackets are machined out of billet aluminum right here in our facilities in Torrance, CA. They are then anodized to prevent corrosion. This is done with every single one of our custom brackets.

i totally agree with you jeff

i just dont buy the hype and to me it sounds like hype , i too have spoken with stop tech , rotora and brembo and they cannot tell me specifically what makes their system work in harmony and deliver proper bias while improving front braking... that would be magic in my book
Our big brake kits work in perfect harmony with the stock system as well as maintain brake balance. We pick the correct piston sizes to maintain brake balance, or improve brake balance depending on the application. The larger the piston the more brake torque is exerted. This also allows our 4 piston to create as much brake torque as other 6 piston calipers. If the pistons are too large for the given rotor, then brake torque would be too much and the other axle will be underultilized. For anyone that does not understand the importance of brake balance, please see our technical paper on the topic. http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/...erformance.htm

Our kits maintain brake balance and are meant to go with stock rear calipers. Again we do this by selecting the right piston sizing. Most other companies do not have the ability to place in custom piston sizing for each specific platform. The piston sizing that is on a GS400 is not the same as the piston sizing for a Neon SRT-4

I saw that there was some comparison in regards to surface area of brake pads. The larger the pad the more heat capacity it has. Larger pads do not necessarily mean more brake torque. Please see this FAQ for more info. http://www.stoptech.com/faq/data/faq10.html
Old 03-28-05, 05:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,389 Posts

Howard,

Since the current Stoptech front is designed to work in balance with the OEM rear GS brakes.... Does this mean you will be making a different front brake (or different piston size) to work in harmony with the new upcoming rear Stoptech brake?
Old 03-28-05, 08:51 PM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the bracket is custom made out of asia.. it is made out of hardened composite steel just like the ones used by stoptech/rotora..

The brackets are made from 7075 billet aluminium and are anodized afterwards.
They are very strong and light..

Quick Reply: heres my REAR BID BRAKE UPGRADE