Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein's or HKS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-05, 07:51 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by theman
I know you can specify your rates for something stiffer if you order from JIC, they're very accomidating from what I hear...
what kinda JIC's do you have? the FLA 2's? or something like that.. i forget what it's exactly called
Old 03-07-05, 08:10 AM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah almost got it there... FLT-A2

If you call JIC direct and discuss spring rates for your intended use, they'll be happy to help you out, and will probably sell you them at close to the best cost you'll find listed out there to boot.

Also another thing to consider is that their standard spring rate is probably a good start if you intend to track the car... Then later if you're pushing them and you want a higher rate, getting just the replacement uprated springs is really cheap. Even buying the kit with an additional set of springs comes in well under the cost of the HKS set.
I'm in no way knocking HKS of course, I'm sure they're sweet, I'm just big on bang for the buck.
Old 03-07-05, 08:32 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

looks like i'll have to investigate on the JIC's..

where did you get your suspension if you don't mind me asking? did you get it from a site?
Old 03-07-05, 09:01 AM
theman
Pole Position

Well I have my own shop and site so I got them from one of my distributors. But like I said if you talk to JIC direct they'll get you a really good price anyway. Everybody has been undercutting MSRP out on the web so much there's really not much markup on JIC stuff, so I don't make anything to mention on them, I just like their build quality and they perform well so that's why I recommend them.
Old 03-14-05, 07:57 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

alright.. i've decided whether to get the JIC's or Teins now.

my question is that how much more would it be to get a custom spring rate and how long it is gonna take.. (i'm assuming it's going to take a minute because they have to make it) in particular i was wanting to go with the FLEX's because of their EDFC compatibility. I dunno, i'm still kinda torn between the two, any insight peeps?
Old 03-14-05, 08:18 AM
theman
Pole Position

As I stated earlier...typically if you call Tein or JIC to order a custom spring rate they will be able to help you out. And they tend to use a standard size spring in their setups, so putting together a set and just substituting a different rate spring shouldn't take long at all. It all depends on how many orders they have to fill I suppose, and where in line you are.
Or if you'd like you could have your favorite supplier/shop do the ordering for you...
Old 03-14-05, 08:21 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Originally Posted by theman
As I stated earlier...typically if you call Tein or JIC to order a custom spring rate they will be able to help you out. And they tend to use a standard size spring in their setups, so putting together a set and just substituting a different rate spring shouldn't take long at all. It all depends on how many orders they have to fill I suppose, and where in line you are.
Or if you'd like you could have your favorite supplier/shop do the ordering for you...
yea, i was going to have a shop call in for me.. maybe i can get a deal?!
Old 03-18-05, 06:27 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

ttt....!

anyway, i have decided to go with a ZEAL suspension.. i've heard good things and from people that i've been talking to, know that i want a stiffer suspension then say a FLEX perse..

i was wondering if anybody has ridden or has any kind of ZEAL suspension, the ones that i was interested in were the Function B6 reg's or swift (HARD)
Old 03-18-05, 09:08 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sc.Fred
i was wondering if anybody has ridden or has any kind of ZEAL suspension, the ones that i was interested in were the Function B6 reg's or swift (HARD)
Although not on an SC, T.L.W. recently got a set of Zeals for his GS. He got the Zeal Fucntion Zi. Although not your exact model, Zeal experience is sparse on CL. They seem to be nice coilovers but $$$$.