Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned/ Sewell Lexus Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-05, 10:11 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and keep in mind that the suspension still has to settle and it will get lower as the days pass
Old 03-06-05, 03:19 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chicagoblknazn
another......
Do all lowering springs for the GS lower the rear more than the front like that in that last pic?
Old 03-06-05, 03:33 PM
HKGS300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No ... most JDM springs, such as Tanabe and HKS, lower more in the fronts (e.g. 40mm) vs only 15 mm at the rears
Old 03-06-05, 07:09 PM
TwentyTen
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HKGS300
No ... most JDM springs, such as Tanabe and HKS, lower more in the fronts (e.g. 40mm) vs only 15 mm at the rears
...and Espelir 55mm Front, 30mm Rear. Check the photo on my sig.
Old 03-06-05, 07:27 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When I had L-Tuned, it was never that low in the rear. I wonder what is going on.
Old 03-06-05, 07:53 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

correct me if I'm wrong, but the shocks have nothing to do with car's height, that is determined by springs, and chicagoblknazn has intrax springs
Old 03-06-05, 07:55 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Neo
When I had L-Tuned, it was never that low in the rear. I wonder what is going on.
May be L-tuned springs have now run into manufactoring problems? I don't know I'm not familiar with them as a company as I am new to lexus. But I have seen the rear lower than the front on several cars with other brands as well.
Old 03-06-05, 07:56 PM
luciano
Pole Position

I got my L-tuned GS springs installed and the car looks good, but still only 1 finger gap in the rear? is that normal? I have not done an alignment yet after 2 suspension installations, may that be the problem? Getting that done tomorow.
Old 03-06-05, 08:04 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by luciano
I got my L-tuned GS springs installed and the car looks good, but still only 1 finger gap in the rear? is that normal? I have not done an alignment yet after 2 suspension installations, may that be the problem? Getting that done tomorow.
Alignment will not change the hight of the suspension.
Old 03-06-05, 08:25 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
correct me if I'm wrong, but the shocks have nothing to do with car's height, that is determined by springs, and chicagoblknazn has intrax springs
I must have read right over that. I thought we were still sharing L-Tuned shocks/springs info.
Old 03-07-05, 01:09 AM
luciano
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Alignment will not change the hight of the suspension.
Well, my passenger rear side is a little lower than the driver side?? car looks slanted a little? you sure its not alignment?
Old 03-07-05, 06:40 AM
BigMoNYC
Lexus Test Driver

Whats with all the problems with dropping the GS? I got my Ltuned springs and shocks in and now im scared to get them installed.
Old 03-07-05, 06:55 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

Yeah I have intrax, but they are supposed to lower the car only 1.5" which is just about the same as L-tuned I believe.

I've seen them on other cars and the drops is just perfect, but my set-up looks a little bit strange. I should be gettin my wheels in this week and once I have htem mounted I'll take pics and see if it looks a little better with 18s and summer tires.
Old 03-07-05, 07:01 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JoeGS300
thats pretty scary... and it would suck if they didnt foot the bill for you to fix it. i would be in a bad way if i saw my car come out looking like that. right now my rear sits lower than the front because of all my audio equipment and the set up i have in my trunk... i hope it doenst look too weird after i install the l-tuned shocks/springs. i hope all the shocks/springs offered at the discount didnt come out like this? my l-tuned springs came in an l-tuned white box and the shocks came in a brown box labeled "gs300/400 shocks" i think... i hope everything works out.

I hope my schoks/springs are okay too...I got mine 3 weeks ago...I am wating for the weather to get better to install them...

reading thos post worries me...anyone else who got the shocks/springs at a discounted price from swell have it installed?
Old 03-07-05, 07:13 AM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BigMoNYC
Whats with all the problems with dropping the GS? I got my Ltuned springs and shocks in and now im scared to get them installed.
Me too man...I got them for $330 and at that time it sounded like a great deal now I am not so sure... What is going on?? I am scared to put them on now.

Quick Reply: L-tuned/ Sewell Lexus Problem