Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Traction Control Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-01, 06:30 AM
TRiis2004
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this wierd thing happen in my SC400 where when i first turn on the car in the morning, the traction control light goes on and stays on, until i turn off my engine for a while (e.g. filling up gas).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-01, 09:07 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Try bleeding the traction control sys.
Won't hurt to try bleeding the traction control sys.
Both of the bleeder valve for the traction control have red caps on them unlike the black caps on the brake calipers.
these thing under high pressure so you need to have a hose and container to do this. Next to the master cylinder, there is a bleeder valve for the accumulator (sp) losen it then have someone start the car, brake fluid will come out in small amount, tight the valve then stop the engine.
Now for the traction control, it is on the right hand side of the engine. Again using the hose to collect the fluid, losen the valve, then start the engine, tight valve then stop engine... do this until no more air bubble come out...

Good luck
Old 07-14-05, 05:15 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I tried the method described to bleed the traciton system on the LS. but the traction motor doesnt start when the engine is started and with the bleeder vavles open, no fluid comes out with the engine started either.
Has someone tested this method ?
I need to bleed the traction system and the forum has no such posts pertaining to this unfortuntately...
Old 07-16-05, 01:01 PM
cloudnine
Pole Position

I'd like to hear about the solution to this too. I have the same problem, even though it only occurs once a week or so. At first, I thought I had a bad TPS (error code 41). I swapped in a TPS out of an LS400, and for a few months I did not get a Trac light when cold-starting the engine, but now it's back.
Old 07-16-05, 07:12 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRiis2004
I have this wierd thing happen in my SC400 where when i first turn on the car in the morning, the traction control light goes on and stays on, until i turn off my engine for a while (e.g. filling up gas).

Thanks.
jump tc and e1. tell me the codes that come up
Old 07-16-05, 07:24 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I would really like to find out how to operate the traction pump while bleeding brakes so that the two traction bleeding valves can be used to take out any air present in the system.
Old 07-16-05, 11:11 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TRiis2004

Thanks.
i had this same exact problem and could not figure it out(at first). i would have to start the car over again to clear that trac light,but soon it got to a point when i actually "heard" the traction motor somewhat... it sounded like it was a pump making a sound like it wasn't getting enough fluid- sucking air or something(extremely faint noise)- i also "felt" it ever so slightly under my foot and then...the light would come back on again...it was quite frustrating trying to find the problem until my mechanic noticed that there was a canister close and under the master cylinder that regulates some sort of pressure for the traction control..attached to the canister is a high pressure hose that was worn out and leaking very slightly..not even enought to be noticed, but that seemed to clear the problem. also, i was told that if that unit went bad (an electronic part) it would have to be replaced and is very expensive!!
check for any and all leaks near that master cylinder, all hoses in that region- and in the meantime, i will try to find a pic under the hood and post up the unit i'm talking about...good luck!
Old 08-30-05, 09:08 PM
lexsc3
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

nextlevelcoupe did you get picture of what your talking about?.....i have the exact same problem and want to fix it, its getting annoying.
Old 09-15-07, 01:55 PM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

Sorry to bring up an old post, but I do have the same problem also. My TRAC keeps ticking and ticking until it turns off, then my TRAC in my RPM goes on. This pisses me off.

Any DIY to fix this problem?