Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

installing front sway bars

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 04:59 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing front sway bars

just got the rear daizen sway bar installed and it took a little longer then expected trying to get the old one out and new one in withought removing the exhaust piping. Now I haven't looked at the fron yet but is the front going to give me more trouble? Am I going to have to remove some of the exhaust piping to get it out?
Thanks
Old 03-08-05, 12:51 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

the front isnt hard at all. The hardest part will be finding all the little bolts to move the plastic pieces out of the way. Also, use some wd40 on the endlink nut. If it seems like youre note going anywhere with a rachet, you might need an allen key in the bolt part to lock it while you use a box wrench to get it off. Shouldnt take long at all.
Old 03-08-05, 12:57 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

haha yeah i tried using the allen wrench on the rears but there was so much dirt and crap that it kept slipping. Ended up using pliers to hold it. Thanks for the reply
Old 03-08-05, 02:25 PM
speedking
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
just got the rear daizen sway bar installed and it took a little longer then expected trying to get the old one out and new one in withought removing the exhaust piping. Now I haven't looked at the fron yet but is the front going to give me more trouble? Am I going to have to remove some of the exhaust piping to get it out?
Thanks
Where did you get your sway bars at?
Old 03-08-05, 02:53 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by speedking
Where did you get your sway bars at?
bought it used from a club lexus member
Old 03-08-05, 02:57 PM
speedking
Pole Position

bought it used from a club lexus member
I've been looking at buying these....but OUCH....$500:

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/sc.html

Old 03-09-05, 06:07 AM
MongolKhan
Lexus Test Driver

I have ordered mine, Do-Luck sways, $800. So this thread will be very helpful to me pretty soon.
Old 03-09-05, 09:03 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just had to lay under the fronts for a little while and get a good grasp on it all, then just unscrewed the plastic pieces, and endlinks... fairly simple after that, although some "wiggling" was necessary to get the old out and the new in.

I had to take my exhasut off the two rear hangers, and the two hangers right in front of the rear tire, then slid the rear bar out that ways (over the exhaust piping and mufflers).

BTW- you got the Do Luck bars!?! I was always intrigued by them- are they adjustable like my daizens?
Old 03-09-05, 09:53 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sc400texas
I just had to lay under the fronts for a little while and get a good grasp on it all, then just unscrewed the plastic pieces, and endlinks... fairly simple after that, although some "wiggling" was necessary to get the old out and the new in.

I had to take my exhasut off the two rear hangers, and the two hangers right in front of the rear tire, then slid the rear bar out that ways (over the exhaust piping and mufflers).

BTW- you got the Do Luck bars!?! I was always intrigued by them- are they adjustable like my daizens?
I got the rear out without having to remove any exhaust piping, just had to push down n the exhasut a little bit with a long pipe/bar. The front didn't need any exhaust removal right
Old 03-09-05, 09:57 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

SC400TEXAS, how do you like your setup with the tokico blues, espelirs, and the daizen sways?? I have everything you do except the tokico blues. Don't know if I should get full coilover, which would not enable me to get the turbo, or just get the tokico blues and go turbo. I've been building up my suspension to prepare for the turbo for the past year and would like to know if that setup would support the turbo. Thanks
Old 03-09-05, 10:17 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

SC400TEXAS, how do you like your setup with the tokico blues, espelirs, and the daizen sways?? I have everything you do except the tokico blues. Don't know if I should get full coilover, which would not enable me to get the turbo, or just get the tokico blues and go turbo. I've been building up my suspension to prepare for the turbo for the past year and would like to know if that setup would support the turbo. Thanks

stay stock =)
the squat will be great for your launches.
Old 03-11-05, 06:50 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
stay stock =)
the squat will be great for your launches.
he is right, if your going to straight line speed, stay stock. If not, then I would just recomend doing your turbo, then upgrading to Coilovers as soon as possible. No use wasting money on tokico's when your are looking to go the coilover route soon.