Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TRD stb won't fit. I tried to jack up the car.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-05, 12:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by kapdori
Thanks Guys.
STB is on. I jacked the car up in the middle and removed the bolts and bars fit. Now I gotta get the alignment done.
thanks y'all
that's awesome, congrats on making it happeng

considering how much your car flexed before this stb, i think the stb is going to stiffen up your car quite a bit
Old 03-13-05, 05:27 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I filed mine just a wee little bit in a few places and I don't have to jack up the car any more.
Old 03-13-05, 08:19 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that's awesome, congrats on making it happeng

considering how much your car flexed before this stb, i think the stb is going to stiffen up your car quite a bit
Yeah, car does feel tighter. I didn't know it could flex that much after lowering the car. I just have l tuned setup, I could only imagine how much it could flex with coilovers. STB is a must. I wish I would have done it sooner. Thanks y'all for your help. Now I am wondering about whether I should get the front or rear braces. I don't want my car to stiff up too much but would like it to handle little better.
what do you guys think?
Old 03-14-05, 01:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Yeah, car does feel tighter. I didn't know it could flex that much after lowering the car. I just have l tuned setup, I could only imagine how much it could flex with coilovers. STB is a must. I wish I would have done it sooner. Thanks y'all for your help. Now I am wondering about whether I should get the front or rear braces. I don't want my car to stiff up too much but would like it to handle little better.
what do you guys think?
well, i guess it's about different cars too. i put on coilovers from the beginning and it's not until months afterwards before i put on the stb, and i didn't have to jack up the car. but either way, as long as it works

imho, there is already a stock front lcb. if you can only do one brace, i would probably do the rear brace to balance it out

if you do the front, you will notice that the rear is pretty loose
Old 03-14-05, 01:58 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
well, i guess it's about different cars too. i put on coilovers from the beginning and it's not until months afterwards before i put on the stb, and i didn't have to jack up the car. but either way, as long as it works

imho, there is already a stock front lcb. if you can only do one brace, i would probably do the rear brace to balance it out

if you do the front, you will notice that the rear is pretty loose
So there is no stock rear braces? I guess I will start with that then. Should I do both? would it be too harsh on the ride?
Old 03-14-05, 03:05 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

So there is no stock rear braces? I guess I will start with that then. Should I do both? would it be too harsh on the ride?
Nope, no stock braces in the rear. There is a LCB in front albeit lighter than the one made by Tom's. Also, the Tom's has some additional anchoring points so it may provide better stiffening. If what you are looking for is tighter handling with less body roll, you will get the greatest improvement by upgrading your sway bars. There are several choices and prices range there as well. For $30 you can swap out the OEM sway bar bushing for ones made of harder polyurethane by Daizen. If that is not enough, then Daizen or one of the TRD sway bar sets would get you farther along toward your handling goals. Henry (Rominl) can speak with some authority on the topic of sway bars. TMEngineering has a lot of experience in this area as well and sells all of the components involved.
Old 03-14-05, 03:57 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DetMich1
Nope, no stock braces in the rear. There is a LCB in front albeit lighter than the one made by Tom's. Also, the Tom's has some additional anchoring points so it may provide better stiffening. If what you are looking for is tighter handling with less body roll, you will get the greatest improvement by upgrading your sway bars. There are several choices and prices range there as well. For $30 you can swap out the OEM sway bar bushing for ones made of harder polyurethane by Daizen. If that is not enough, then Daizen or one of the TRD sway bar sets would get you farther along toward your handling goals. Henry (Rominl) can speak with some authority on the topic of sway bars. TMEngineering has a lot of experience in this area as well and sells all of the components involved.
I got Daizen sways already. Sorry, I should have disclosed what I got already. Here is what I have done so far. Daizen sways, L-tuned shocks, springs, TRD STB, 19" volk gtc's, and some minor stuff. Now thinking about rear or front braces.
thanks
Old 03-14-05, 04:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I got Daizen sways already. Sorry, I should have disclosed what I got already. Here is what I have done so far. Daizen sways, L-tuned shocks, springs, TRD STB, 19" volk gtc's, and some minor stuff. Now thinking about rear or front braces.
thanks
yeah i think rear brace is nice. if you can get both together it would be great, i don't think the ride is affected that much with teh braces, i think it's bearable