Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New front stb clears engine cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-05, 12:00 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
japan?! these bars are not from japan.... if they are from japan they would have been a lot more expensive. they are made in china
trd strut bars are made in Japan, no? they were avail for $150 range.
Old 05-20-05, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Quality? Have you noticed that nearly everything sold in the US is made in China?

If the prototype is any indication....quality should not be a problem.

Pete
i agree. made in china doesn't necessarily means they are bad. granted i agree that japan has a higher quality of control, i have seen good stuff from china.

i don't know bout the prototype unit of course, but the production units will be the real test, coz' quality in mass production is always the harder to control

and nop, no way the stuff is routed through japan, i just dont' see how that would happen, unless they want to make the shipping cost even more
Old 05-20-05, 01:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by chuckb
trd strut bars are made in Japan, no? they were avail for $150 range.
yeah and the trd is one piece too, maybe that's cheaper. in general if you look at stuff from japan they are more expensive. the tom's stb is well more than 200. same with a lot of other stb from japan. the c-one is stupidly high price
Old 05-20-05, 02:06 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
yeah and the trd is one piece too, maybe that's cheaper. in general if you look at stuff from japan they are more expensive. the tom's stb is well more than 200. same with a lot of other stb from japan. the c-one is stupidly high price
The one piece TRD is actually more expensive to make simply because it is one piece. It is structurally stronger than the DSR one mainly because it is one piece.

It is also more expensive to make than the DSR one simply because it has to meet tighter tolerances for the fitment and alignment of the holes on the shock tower. The three piece DSR one does not have to meet such tight tolerances because of the three piece nature of its design.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the DSR one, just pointing out the difference. 99% of the drivers that use either one will not notice the difference if they swapped one out for the other mainly because the GS's structural rigidity is very high to begin with anyway. You would have to be tracking the car really hard around a corner or going over railway tracks to notice the difference.
Old 05-20-05, 10:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Hameed
The one piece TRD is actually more expensive to make simply because it is one piece. It is structurally stronger than the DSR one mainly because it is one piece.

It is also more expensive to make than the DSR one simply because it has to meet tighter tolerances for the fitment and alignment of the holes on the shock tower. The three piece DSR one does not have to meet such tight tolerances because of the three piece nature of its design.

Not saying there is anything wrong with the DSR one, just pointing out the difference. 99% of the drivers that use either one will not notice the difference if they swapped one out for the other mainly because the GS's structural rigidity is very high to begin with anyway. You would have to be tracking the car really hard around a corner or going over railway tracks to notice the difference.
ummm, i would understand the rmm one being cheaper to make but i am not sure about the dsr, since although it's 3 piece, at least from the pics i don't think the two ends "move" at all. that will induce pretty much the same fitment requirement.

and at leat on the trd, i don't think the holes on the two ends are circular. i think they are bigger so they will allow some fitment flexibility?
Old 05-21-05, 04:48 AM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JyGS430
Steve @ Carson said GB is $150, ordered mine a few weeks ago. Haven't received it yet so gave them a call, said there is a delay in shipment from Japan.
hmmm. i got my reciept when my trunk bar came, and it said 200 for the stb.. im gonna call up carson and find out if that price is right

J
Old 05-22-05, 03:07 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

anyone get this yet.. everyone has beent alkin bout it forever,... everytime i read someone is saying they are gettin it on this weekend..
whats going on..
?
Old 05-23-05, 09:56 AM
TXGS
Driver

I'm still waiting for mine in addition to other stuff I have ordered. Is there a problem at Carson Toyota? Steve is not there and is out for a "few weeks". Does anyone have any info?
Old 05-23-05, 04:28 PM
JyGS430
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TXGS
I'm still waiting for mine in addition to other stuff I have ordered. Is there a problem at Carson Toyota? Steve is not there and is out for a "few weeks". Does anyone have any info?
Yes, I got a voice mail message from Gordon @ Carson who said they are getting the bars today, then will be shipped out to us later this week.
Old 05-23-05, 07:30 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TXGS
I don't know if it's public knowledge or not so I will only pass along that Steve is currently dealing with serious health issues. I'm sure he would appreciate being included in everyone's prayers.
Old 05-23-05, 07:42 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DetMich1
I don't know if it's public knowledge or not so I will only pass along that Steve is currently dealing with serious health issues. I'm sure he would appreciate being included in everyone's prayers.
oh wow i definately will keep him in my prayers,
i hope its not too serious.
Old 05-24-05, 05:15 AM
TXGS
Driver

Originally Posted by DetMich1

Thanks for the info. He's in my prayers!
Old 05-24-05, 04:13 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hope he's ok.

how much were you guys quoted for shipping?
Old 05-24-05, 07:30 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are the STBs at Carson yet?
Old 05-24-05, 08:27 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
hope he's ok.

how much were you guys quoted for shipping?
I think it was like $10 or so to NY. I hope he is alright. I was wondering why my emails have not been replied to. Im gonna call tommorow to see whats going on with my orders

J

Quick Reply: New front stb clears engine cover