Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BEST way to lower the car for 2"......

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-05, 01:16 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by /Aerostar\
SC Eibachs = 1" drop
Supra Eibachs = 2" drop
SC Espilirs = 1.6" (I think?) drop
Espelirs actually drop a bit more that Supra Eibachs. I helped Khaos drop his SC on supra eibachs- we have compared them and I am lower.
Old 03-21-05, 09:09 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Soarer .... thanks.... Not a bad deal since u were able to keep your existing shocks... I may try that setup...
Old 03-22-05, 02:11 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jzz30T
Since you drive a soarer, I'm assumming your side door mirrors automaticly open and retract with a simple click of a button. Is that true? Anyhow, infact they're the retractables, are they heated as well? My sc300 us version has this particular feature with a simple click of the front defross button. I currently have a set of soarer side door mirrors that need painting before I can install them. However, if they don't have the heat feature, I may as well keep the originals and screw the retractability ones from the soarers. Let me know buddy.. thanks!
Hey buddy,
Yeah, all Soarers have the auto fold-in function on the mirrors, some also have the shake n' heat function (like mine )... known as ultrasonic mirrors (or 'shaker' mirrors if you're ask the wreckers), you just gotta ask which ones have them (they'll have a Piezo thing mounted on the back of the mirror).

Silversprucesc3,
Yeah, as I said I've had this set up for a while now, they've covered around 20~30000kms on them in the few months they've been on and I really can't complain, only that I wish the ride was a tiny bit stiffer.

Jose
Old 03-22-05, 02:18 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

A few more to add to your curiousity

Jose
Old 03-22-05, 03:51 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm rolling on espelirs and stock shocks too. Ride isn't too bad until you hit a big bump and the back of the car goes flying...but that's when you hit one...other than that, the ride isn't so bad and some people who ride in the car can't even tell it was dropped. they can definitely see its dropped but can't feel it.
Old 03-22-05, 05:15 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Do you guys have issues with rubbing and/or the car being tooooo low when riding with passengers front and rear??

I luv low but don't want the tires rubbing when I put my kids in the car....lol
Old 03-22-05, 06:28 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

The BEST way since you asked in my opinion is coilovers. That allows you to place the ride height exactly where you want it instead of just living with whatever aftermarket springs put you at.

At 2 inches of drop, you will need a good set of shocks anyway that won't bottom out, so the coilovers will resolve that for you as well.

Also don't forget that at that height, you will need a camber kit front and rear to avoid chewing thru your tires.

This is the best way to get it done and also the most expensive. Seeing as you have wheels and a body kit it seems you're playing in the big leagues so a couple of thousand dollars on the suspension shouldn't be a big problem for you. You will not regret it after, trust me.
Old 03-22-05, 08:23 AM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JTT30T....please e-mail me at venomblue550@yahoo.com, interest in your shock/spring setup...PM you, but no reply..thanks
Old 03-22-05, 06:22 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Hehehhe thanks man, yes I've got the Espelirs on their at the moment with factory Tokico's, these were really a temporary fitment as I do wanna go back to coilovers but I had no cash at the time (and there's no way I'm gonna wait, pay for freight to and from Japan to get my coilovers rebuilt by Kei-Office, I'd probably still be unhappy about the ride lol). The side mirrors, I'm really not sure if the SC and Soarer share the same wiring harness for the auto fold-in function (I thought someone was working on this? I dunno )

As Jose stated at this ride height you do need camber adjustment, I really like the ride height, not too much trouble around town and highways are a breeze. My fronts have wear on the inner edges due to the camber BUT I've had these tyres since June last year, so they've lasted a while I'm still on the same rears (265's, no rubbing) and the wear is not as bad at the rear. If you want a ride that's still has give in it the Espelirs are a great choice. The fronts rub ever so slightly at full lock doing a left turn at speed, but say like at car park speeds the rubbing is usually never there. Driving around town doesn't causing any rubbing or anything (unless you drive over a massive pot hole obviously). I was real surprised at the ride height when I first put them on, I was expecting them to be higher...

Pic of my ride with the old Kei-Office coilovers... instantly you can see that my car is higher compared to the Espelirs, and I've now got a much smoother ride.

I'll be back, gonna take a shot in the rain

Jose
Old 03-30-05, 05:15 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Supra Espelirs
Supra Tokico shocks

..that should give you a real nice drop. A friend of mine used 1.5" Intrax springs made for a supra on a supra stock shock and that had dropped his SC3 very low to the ground. Supra Suspension also fits on an SC4. I've tried it on my friends car.
Old 03-30-05, 10:02 PM
Khaos
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas
Espelirs actually drop a bit more that Supra Eibachs. I helped Khaos drop his SC on supra eibachs- we have compared them and I am lower.
venom550, you can take a look at my car here: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148633
I went with the Supra TT Eibach/ Bilstien combination. I think the height is perfect. Without the camber kit the car ran pretty smoothly. The camber kit made the ride a little stiffer (which is noticable on the crapy Houston roads).... You can read more about it in the link above. But like CleanSC said, coilvers are the way to go.
Old 03-31-05, 02:59 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

It's all a question of $$. Obviously coilovers are the way to go. You get a shock/spring combo that was engineered to work together and you can put it at any height you want. You can get into a set of Tein Basic coilovers for under $700 shipped (this is what I just ordered for my 95 SC4). If cost is a major concern then try to find a used set of Supra Eibachs & supra shocks or a set of Espelirs. Another quality option is the Tokico Illumina Shock/Spring combo which you can get for around $500-$550 (tmengineering.net). There are so many choices out there it can make your head spin. Believe me, I know. I must have spent almost a full 24 hour day reading threads on different setups.

Good luck man. Can't wait to see what you decide on.
Old 03-31-05, 10:08 AM
AME_VIP
Lexus Champion

I just ordered the tein basics too for my sc4. We will need a giant review thread for them ! I have some 18x9.5 +40 with 285/35/18 going on too! eek! I hope they fit with just rolling the fenders.