Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

vllamos steering rack bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 08:57 AM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default vllamos steering rack bushings

i hope i spelled that right...........hehe
anyways, i finally installed the bushings on the steering rack..it took me a few hours as a "beginner"...lol
i highly recommend these bushings to anyone having that "dead" stop problem when steering.
when i loosened all the "bolts" that holds the rack pinion to the cross member, i noticed one of my bushings was completely gone!!!.......i mean, nothing left....not even tiny bit of pcs!!!....lol

to make it short, these bushings from "vllamos" are a must to have!!! greatly improved my steering like how it supposed to perform !!!!....

i know this thread is boring w/o pics...........sorry.
Old 03-28-05, 02:56 PM
mteele
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also just recently replaced mine, and the bushings were totally gone on mine as well.
Old 03-30-05, 07:21 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell me more about steering being dead stop.
Old 04-04-05, 08:03 AM
abdul10000
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes would you care to elaborate more on what do you mean by "dead stop", I may have the same problem with my SC. How was the install? How many major steps did you have to take? I read that you have to lower the cross member to get to the top bushing, is that true? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-05, 04:14 PM
prjctSC300
Lead Lap

Default bushings

where did you purchase the bushings from??
Old 04-12-05, 02:23 PM
Foozmore
Driver School Candidate

you get them from andrew from australia, I recommend you also purchase the door sills as you will save shipping money and cause those door sills are a nice touch to have.

back to steering bushes, my mech installed them, he said they were sort of a pita to install, but he gave me the old ones, and dammmmn, they were definitely shredded. the diff in response was almost as satisfying as when i put my daizen sways and coils on, almost.

highly recommended, and not that expensive, about what, $30 or 40 US.
Old 04-12-05, 03:58 PM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

dead stop = your steering wheel moving with no response from your wheels. I think im starting to get some of it too. Pat come help me out

and these door sills...interesting. Contact info for andrew?
Old 04-12-05, 04:50 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

isn't it "dead SPOT" not dead stop?

Anywayz, I need to do this too...along with a bunch of other crap...

go to vftbushes.com I believe, search may yield a more definitive answer
Old 04-12-05, 06:54 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

A tip for you guys when you actually order the part... Mr Vlamos will give you a conversion tool from Aud to U.S dollars. Don't send him the amount in U.S dollars. The tool he uses is out of date and way off the real currency amount. Just send him the money in AUD through paypal. I almost gave him 102 dollars (the total if you use the link he provides you) when in reality it was only 69 dollars I believe. I am sure Mr. Vlamos isn't trying to trick anyone, he probably just forgot about updating it.
Old 04-13-05, 12:54 AM
London Bill
Lead Lap

I can also testify that the Andrew Vlamos steering rack bushes are a MUST HAVE, on all three of my JDM Soarers the rack bushes had almost melted away causing slop in the steering, despite this all three cars passed the annual Ministry of Transport test (MOT) as they could not see any undue movement in the rack during the static testing routine.

We also replaced the Toyota bush or "Grommit" as they call it on the other end of the steering rack, this stops the rack flexing away from the body when you are cornering.

Rack bushes from Left to Right, Worn, New Vlamos Bushes, Very Worn.

Old 04-13-05, 01:13 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Looks like I gotta get me some a these here badboys.
Old 04-13-05, 10:35 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

how hard are these to install? Are any presses involved or can it be done with basic tools? Im looking at ordering mine. If any of you socal guys want to make it a group thing we can ship them all to one place, bbq and enjoy the company of others. Since Pat already did it, he can just do all the cars.

(lets not hijack this thread too, pm me if you guys want in)
Old 04-13-05, 10:48 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrshabo
A tip for you guys when you actually order the part... Mr Vlamos will give you a conversion tool from Aud to U.S dollars. Don't send him the amount in U.S dollars. The tool he uses is out of date and way off the real currency amount. Just send him the money in AUD through paypal. I almost gave him 102 dollars (the total if you use the link he provides you) when in reality it was only 69 dollars I believe. I am sure Mr. Vlamos isn't trying to trick anyone, he probably just forgot about updating it.
Good tip, hopefully Andrew has fixed his conversion link. He actually emailed me this morning:

"Hi Mike,

How are you my friend...keep well ?

As requested please find listed the costs for the steering rack bushes and payment details below also please check out my web site www.vftbushes.com

Price
2 x Bushes AUD $55
Shipping normal post (7-10 days ) AUD $17..50
Total AUD $72.50 + 9% = AUD $79.00 convert currency > http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Payment - Pay Pal

I do accept Pay Pal my account : vlamos@bigpond.net.au however an additional 9% of the total order amount is required to cover the cost of exchange rates and fees which is included in the above total amounts.
You an pay either in US dollars or Aussie via Pay Pal...your choice.
Click here ; www.vftbushes.com

Best regards,

Andrew Vlamos
Mob 0411 227007"

Now when I go through his link it says it'll be about $61.55 in US currency (including shipping and all fees), not too shabby for such a drastic improvement.

Ronald, I'm down to order mine with you to save on shipping, but I'll be ordering mine within a week or so, just let me know
Old 04-13-05, 10:55 AM
rscott
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
Good tip, hopefully Andrew has fixed his conversion link. He actually emailed me this morning:

"Hi Mike,

How are you my friend...keep well ?

As requested please find listed the costs for the steering rack bushes and payment details below also please check out my web site www.vftbushes.com

Price
2 x Bushes AUD $55
Shipping normal post (7-10 days ) AUD $17..50
Total AUD $72.50 + 9% = AUD $79.00 convert currency > http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi

Payment - Pay Pal

I do accept Pay Pal my account : vlamos@bigpond.net.au however an additional 9% of the total order amount is required to cover the cost of exchange rates and fees which is included in the above total amounts.
You an pay either in US dollars or Aussie via Pay Pal...your choice.
Click here ; www.vftbushes.com

Best regards,

Andrew Vlamos
Mob 0411 227007"

Now when I go through his link it says it'll be about $61.55 in US currency (including shipping and all fees), not too shabby for such a drastic improvement.

Ronald, I'm down to order mine with you to save on shipping, but I'll be ordering mine within a week or so, just let me know

im in. Make sure the currency conversion is right. With the US dollar going to the pits, it might be different now. Check a couple up to date internet sources to be sure. Get in contact with him to find out what it would be for 2 sets. You can pay through paypal so there is an automatic conversion in there you can use.
Old 04-13-05, 01:17 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rscott
how hard are these to install? Are any presses involved or can it be done with basic tools? Im looking at ordering mine. If any of you socal guys want to make it a group thing we can ship them all to one place, bbq and enjoy the company of others. Since Pat already did it, he can just do all the cars.

(lets not hijack this thread too, pm me if you guys want in)
the install was pretty basic and all you need is basic tool. no presses involved at all.

i will charge everyone 75.00 for labor....

Quick Reply: vllamos steering rack bushings