Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade. (56k non-safe)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-05, 09:17 AM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good bluelex. car is tight!
Old 04-11-05, 01:12 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

thanx a lot guys....I appreciate the kind words, it really was a lot of homework and ruler use to get this to fit. I'm sitting right now at a +36 offset front and rear for now. we actually have more room in the rear than expected , the gettins give a lot of room do to the spoke design so i can actually grind down the rear spacer some more if i want to. As far as the tires i like them so far, i got them from the tirerack a couple months ago and they sat in my garage for 2 months waiting for the brakes..They ride great with no noise what so ever. Haven't driven in rain so i don't know how they do in wet conditions. but man i love the tread design, looks like tiger claws..lol

TLW- yes that my tri-pod and if you look right a litle more you'll see my leg..lol i put the cam on timer and ran away so i wouldn't reflect off the spoke.. it still got me.lol

Last edited by bluelex; 04-11-05 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 01:17 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking great. Any pics of the custom made spacers? Are they 15mm? Do they come with studs? I'd think a lot of CL members would wnat to buy a pair from LMW when upgrading to BBK.
Old 04-11-05, 01:21 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeeLex
Adrian,

Looks great, gives us low disk wheel boys hope afterall for BBK's. Haven't seen bluelex for a while, now we know why. By-the-way, who rolled your fenders?
ya the car has been all over the place from shop to shop last couple of months..lol .Missed the big meet and all. i got my fendors rolled and fronts shaved at Mad Mods in Ft. Lauderdale. they do all types of custom work..They do great buffing jobs there..

as far as the spacers i'm running a 8mm front and 12mm rear now with extended studs front and rear....these are actually smaller than i would have ever thought i would have needed. i really thought i was going to need big spacers like 15-25 but again the combo of my wheel's spoke design and the Rotora capiler sizes left me with this very small needed spacers to get them to fit. I can actually take of another 4-6mm off the rear and 2mm off the fronts if i want to which would mean i could have and might only really need a 6mm upfront and a 6mm rear. crazy right?

now to say this will work for everyone is incorrect, it really depends on your wheel's spoke design and what brand caliper you r going to go with..
Old 04-11-05, 01:29 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

i've never owned BBK before so all i know is what i have now. As far as the set up i really couldn't be happier. The stopping power is unreal. i usually give myself room to brake at lights and in traffic, this really has changed everything, don't get me wrong i'll still brake in advance but i can't help myself now and slam the brakes to get that "on a dime" feel. truly amazeing as far as how the car now feels. So far everyone who has been in the car has been amazed but i'm no expert to say what is perfect stopping power all i know is this stops on a dime when i need it to. I guess what i love the most is that i don't feel different on normal stopping. i don't need to adjust my normal stopping power but when i go past that midlevel of hitting the brake and need it to stop fast it just comes to a complete hault like nothing else i have ever felt. big thanx again to Rotora for makeing this set up for me and a huge thanx again to Ken for pulling the strings to get them to do it for me...
Old 04-11-05, 03:17 PM
phunkyGS
Lead Lap

Absolutely stunning, Adrian...whatever trouble you had to go through was well worth it, bro!
Old 04-11-05, 04:12 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your BBK is outstanding looking Adrian. I think it brings the whole car togethor and looks just stunning. I think the most impressive part of the whole thing is your measurements and the time it took for you to get it just right. Very impressive all the way around. If you arent sweeping the shows now it is such a shame.
Old 04-11-05, 04:54 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

What can i say that everyone hasn't.. your car looks amazing bro.. We both know your car was calling for big brakes and you now have them. FRONT & REARS BABY!!! You now have a complete car from front to back, inside and out, top to bottom. I was a little worried about the color red on a blue car but damn, you showed me wrong bro. Flows very well.....

Thank you for allowing me to help with your Big Brake decisions... Our long conversations payed off in the end. I've already contacted LMW that we need to take off 3-4 more mm. on the rear spacers. Call them when you're ready...

Good luck at the shows man... You have a 1st place winner....
Old 04-11-05, 07:54 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Adrian I know we spoke about this a while back but I had forgotten what you were up to, I even saw your old setup for sale and still didn't put it together, when you talked about red on blue I wasn't sure but congrats for thinking outside of the box, the look and stance of your car has taken a big turn towards the aggresive side, I like.

Keep us posted on the 120 to 0 stops!
Old 04-11-05, 10:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
What can i say that everyone hasn't.. your car looks amazing bro.. We both know your car was calling for big brakes and you now have them. FRONT & REARS BABY!!! You now have a complete car from front to back, inside and out, top to bottom. I was a little worried about the color red on a blue car but damn, you showed me wrong bro. Flows very well.....

Thank you for allowing me to help with your Big Brake decisions... Our long conversations payed off in the end. I've already contacted LMW that we need to take off 3-4 more mm. on the rear spacers. Call them when you're ready...

Good luck at the shows man... You have a 1st place winner....
Ken thanx again man. Too bad your so far away man. It would be nice to take you out to lunch for all your help on this..

Phunky- thanx man, trust me a lot of hurdles kept coming up..

Rich- thanx a lot, it really was a lot of homework including talking to many guys who ran 19's-up with spacers front or rear or both and getting thier opinions. I can honstly tell you i have driven my car harder than ever before including for the break in period and i have no vibration whats so ever just smooth quietness. thats up to 110 mph which is the highest i've gone so far with everything new on..i did notice one thing i forgot to mention. i felt the car handle better around turns, could it be cuz i'm at a wider base with teh wheels coming out a little more?

Last edited by bluelex; 04-11-05 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-11-05, 10:19 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Indio
Adrian I know we spoke about this a while back but I had forgotten what you were up to, I even saw your old setup for sale and still didn't put it together, when you talked about red on blue I wasn't sure but congrats for thinking outside of the box, the look and stance of your car has taken a big turn towards the aggresive side, I like.

Keep us posted on the 120 to 0 stops!
E- its funny i had everyone tell me to go with blk or silver but i kept saying red to myself cuz of socal's car. I showed my wife and she agreed with red as our choice than i tell ken and steve that i want red and they still tell me that i could get the new silver for the same price. so i said red and than ken calls and says "are you sure you want red?"...LOL i was getting the hint that they didn't like the red for my color car, just a hunch..lol finally we ordered red and i got a "you can still change your mind" ...lol j/k Ken , but it was funny..
Old 04-11-05, 10:41 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Very Nice... Glad to see you finally found a BBK to fit!

John
Old 04-11-05, 11:02 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

wow, man!! I can remember your early days here on CL. You have come sooooo far you should be proud!! Way to go, A!!

Eric
Old 04-11-05, 11:19 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Red is a good choice, Adrian. U got a lot of heart for sticking up to your choice. Good one!
Old 04-11-05, 11:54 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What can I say Adrian. Your car is looking awesome.

I like the story of all the "Red, are you sure?" comments.

I am toiling with red on the wifey's Blue IS. I was going the conservative route with silver, but you are making me think hard again about going red. Just when I thought I made up my mind. Darnn !

What do you think I should do for INDGOGRL's car?
Attached Thumbnails Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade.  (56k non-safe)-front-wheel-low-res.jpg  

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-12-05 at 01:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade. (56k non-safe)