Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade. (56k non-safe)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-05, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
What can I say Adrian. Your car is looking awesome.

I like the story of all the "Red, are you sure?" comments.

I am toiling with red on the wifey's Blue IS. I was going the conservative route with silver, but you are making me think hard again about going red. Just when I thought I made up my mind. Darnn !

What do you think I should do for INDGOGRL's car?
on stock caliper? nothing but black or silver
Old 04-12-05, 12:02 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
on stock caliper? nothing but black or silver

Who said anything about stock?

BBK set up a coming Henry.
Old 04-12-05, 12:17 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you went for it, huh?
Old 04-12-05, 01:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

umm.... ic..... but i would say finish all the other stuff on your cars first before adding anything to the list....?!

and as usual, black or silver is still my choice

okok, stop hijacking A's thread now
Old 04-12-05, 12:22 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JacobT
Looking great. Any pics of the custom made spacers? Are they 15mm? Do they come with studs? I'd think a lot of CL members would wnat to buy a pair from LMW when upgrading to BBK.
i forgot to add that pic you requested, rear 12mm anodized blk to match, (that was ken's idea, which made sense so you wouldn't see a silver spacer inbetween the back of rim and blk hub on rotor, now you wouldn't even notice there was one there when the wheel is on the car). Extended studs came with this package..and like Ken said we are going to probably grind this down a little more since we have the room. mayb 4-5mm more or so..they work fast and were on time. big thanx to them again

Old 04-12-05, 12:26 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

What can I say Adrian. Your car is looking awesome.

I like the story of all the "Red, are you sure?" comments.

I am toiling with red on the wifey's Blue IS. I was going the conservative route with silver, but you are making me think hard again about going red. Just when I thought I made up my mind. Darnn !

What do you think I should do for INDGOGRL's car?
i honestly think black would look great. but so would Red. Your wife's IS3 has a different more deeper blue color than our spectra blue so the Red would probably set it off real aggressive behind those shiny wheels.Its really is a hard decision. but both would look sick................ "RED"
Old 04-12-05, 01:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

so adrian, you got the longer studs from lmw as well? let me know, coz' i would want to get them as well
Old 04-12-05, 03:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

so adrian, you got the longer studs from lmw as well? let me know, coz' i would want to get them as well

yes they came with the studs from LMW..
Old 04-12-05, 04:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bluelex
yes they came with the studs from LMW..
cool deal adrian, i should be talking to them some time soon then
Old 04-12-05, 07:41 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

cool deal adrian, i should be talking to them some time soon then

Let us know pricing Henry. I got the H&R 5mm spacers for $70 and they came with longer studs. You could get the 15mm for a few bucks more. If anyone needed a spacer thickness in between5 & 15mm , they could just have a local machine shop cut them down to the thickness needed.

If LMW is competitive or better, then by all means let's give em some business.
Old 04-12-05, 08:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Let us know pricing Henry. I got the H&R 5mm spacers for $70 and they came with longer studs. You could get the 15mm for a few bucks more. If anyone needed a spacer thickness in between5 & 15mm , they could just have a local machine shop cut them down to the thickness needed.

that's exactly what i am trying to figure out now
Old 04-12-05, 09:46 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

This is exactly what LMW did, they took 2 sets of 30mm(cus they could get them faster) and grinded them to the spec i requested..The great part is if played safe and you have a little more than you really needed they coud always just take it back and grind it down some to the perfect spec. We played it safe in the rear and had 6-8mm of space after the install, now i can send them back and have them grind off another 3-4mm and get that closer fit if i want. Plus they can anodize to match the blk center hub that most big rotors have now so you won't notice a silver metal inbetween the wheel and hub. Now it looks like nothing is there but wheel and hub..Don't get me wrong it can get costly going back and forth but its worth it in the end..
Old 04-12-05, 10:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bluelex
This is exactly what LMW did, they took 2 sets of 30mm(cus they could get them faster) and grinded them to the spec i requested..The great part is if played safe and you have a little more than you really needed they coud always just take it back and grind it down some to the perfect spec. We played it safe in the rear and had 6-8mm of space after the install, now i can send them back and have them grind off another 3-4mm and get that closer fit if i want. Plus they can anodize to match the blk center hub that most big rotors have now so you won't notice a silver metal inbetween the wheel and hub. Now it looks like nothing is there but wheel and hub..Don't get me wrong it can get costly going back and forth but its worth it in the end..
yeah i just got confirmations on how these were done as well, that's all good i wonder why h&r can't just sell the longer studs

anyway, adrian you know it always gets costly if you wanna do it right
Old 04-12-05, 10:40 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure the price will be somewhere near the price I paid for my 20mm hubcentric spacers with adapters. I paid 150.00 for the pair. I actually had to force the guy to make the 20mm fit since the place couldn't do grinding like LMW. hehe
Old 04-13-05, 08:07 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adrian, sorry for the late reply (no hi-speed access for a couple of days). You are very welcome, I'm proud to have "consulted" on this project when now looking at the outcome!

For those that do not know, Adrian is a pretty modest guy. It would appear that he ordered some brakes, ordered some spacers, and waited for tirerack, then posted pics a few days later! LOL I'm not sure about the other vendors involved, but I have been consulting for about 6-7 months on this project!!! So many back and forth, what about this, what about that, etc etc nights. But its a labor of love and I think it was well worth it.

THE CAR LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

I too was in the "no red calipers" camp, and I was the first to admit that I was wrong!!! When I saw the sneak peek pics, the first thing that came to my mind was 'SUPERMAN' because of the red/blue combo. Am I the only one that thinks the brakes bought out the wheels and tailights more?? They all just seem to flow! The car now has a USA theme (red, white (or chrome), and blue)

As I have said before, certain guys on this board are really, really, really just taking the GS to a level that is superlative, and you are one of them With the big bucks spent on the interior and now these brakes, I think you give new meaning to the term "pimp my ride"!!

Good job, and enjoy!

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-14-05 at 03:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade. (56k non-safe)