Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rotora 355mm 4 Corner Big Brake Upgrade. (56k non-safe)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05, 10:54 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT

For those that do not know, Adrian is a pretty modest guy. It would appear that he ordered some brakes, ordered some spacers, and waited for tirerack, then posted pics a few days later! LOL I'm not sure about the other vendors involved, but I have been consulting for about 6-7 months on this project!!! So many back and forth, what about this, what about that, etc etc nights. But its a labor of love and I think it was well worth it.

THE CAR LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

I too was in the "no red calipers" camp, and I was the first to admit that I was wrong!!! When I saw the sneak peek pics, the first thing that came to my mind was 'SUPERMAN' because of the red/blue combo. Am I the only one that thinks the brakes bought out the wheels and tailights more?? They all just seem to flow! The car now has a USA theme (red, white (or chrome), and blue)
Dang, has it been six months since A asked us abt his wheels offset, D? I could have sworn it was nary 2 months ago or so....man, time sure flew by fast.

Am I the only one who agreed with the red???? Since he wouldn't go for a custom color like GOLD, I told A to get red since it would really shine off his blue ride. Blue on blue would have been nice....but I think someone else has done this here with the Endless kit *nudge nudge* so it's a good thing that A went with red.

Overall, perfect choice, bro! And like I said, you blue GS boys need to give the newbs a chance to play catchup.....heck give the rest of the colored GS'es a chance!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-05, 03:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Haven't been on CL lately, and didn't see this till today!

Very nice choice in brakes, caliper color, wicked looking tire tread and as usual your photography skills are the perfect complement to those brakes that your car has been crying out for for so long to complete the "show transformation".

I have to ask one question though - what could possibly be next? I can only think of one thing - Forced Induction. Knowing you, you probably already have something like that planned and will surprise everyone once it is installed and you have dyno sheets and tons of pics to show!

I gave up a long time ago trying to keep up with guys like you! There are cars that are show-worthy and there are cars that are not! Very simple.

Last edited by Hameed; 04-14-05 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-14-05, 03:23 AM
LsportGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't even imagine what could be next. Your car is perfect in my eyes.

Only thing its missing is maybe a turbo
Old 04-14-05, 06:19 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Haven't been on CL lately, and didn't see this till today!

Very nice choice in brakes, caliper color, wicked looking tire tread and as usual your photography skills are the perfect complement to those brakes that your car has been crying out for for so long to complete the "show transformation".

I have to ask one question though - what could possibly be next? I can only think of one thing - Forced Induction. Knowing you, you probably already have something like that planned and will surprise everyone once it is installed and you have dyno sheets and tons of pics to show!

I gave up a long time ago trying to keep up with guys like you! There are cars that are show-worthy and there are cars that are not! Very simple.
Hameed-
lsportgs4-

guys thanx a lot.....i'm aiming for the summer meet as far as being able to go faster..
Old 04-14-05, 06:26 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Adrian, sorry for the late reply (no hi-speed access for a couple of days). You are very welcome, I'm proud to have "consulted" on this project when now looking at the outcome!

For those that do not know, Adrian is a pretty modest guy. It would appear that he ordered some brakes, ordered some spacers, and waited for tirerack, then posted pics a few days later! LOL I'm not sure about the other vendors involved, but I have been consulting for about 6-7 months on this project!!! So many back and forth, what about this, what about that, etc etc nights. But its a labor of love and I think it was well worth it.

THE CAR LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!

I too was in the "no red calipers" camp, and I was the first to admit that I was wrong!!! When I saw the sneak peek pics, the first thing that came to my mind was 'SUPERMAN' because of the red/blue combo. Am I the only one that thinks the brakes bought out the wheels and tailights more?? They all just seem to flow! The car now has a USA theme (red, white (or chrome), and blue)

As I have said before, certain guys on this board are really, really, really just taking the GS to a level that is superlative, and you are one of them With the big bucks spent on the interior and now these brakes, I think you give new meaning to the term "pimp my ride"!!

Good job, and enjoy!
D as always i say it privtely all the time but i'll say it publically aswell , could not have asked for a better bud than you man, those long hours and pic swapping and tire searching started a long time ago like sept i think we started to plan this and it tooka long time but the goal was reached even if it took even tho if it took 6-7 months

JT- your right now that i come to think about it , you were the only person to agree with me right away with red..thanx again man
Old 04-14-05, 06:33 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me also chime in about Adrian.........he was more than patient and great to deal with!! I'm glad we get to see the final results, you once again did an excellent job on putting the right touches on the car.

This is a custom Set up by Rotora with LXOGOOD having the only other kit, at least you have something different, because they will not be produced or offered again.

Looking good, send me some pics and a mod list my way so we can add you to the customer ride site on www.L-Tunedparts.com
Old 04-14-05, 06:59 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
This is a custom Set up by Rotora with LXOGOOD having the only other kit, at least you have something different, because they will not be produced or offered again.
Whoa, thats pretty big! Didnt realize that, only chrome 20" Gettins around, and now the exclusive bbk to match! LOL
Old 11-26-05, 10:34 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Let me also chime in about Adrian.........he was more than patient and great to deal with!! I'm glad we get to see the final results, you once again did an excellent job on putting the right touches on the car.

Looking good, send me some pics and a mod list my way so we can add you to the customer ride site on www.L-Tunedparts.com

Hmmmm ...just thinking