Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RMM Polished Strut Tower Brace GS400

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-05, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Do they make any othe STB that will clear the Gs 400 engine cover? I thought i saw a DSR that may clear clear it. I'm not sure... I was also thinking of the RMM STB also... I think you responded to my thread about installing it... So it should be pretty easy.... I 've heard that RMM STB take awhile to get after you order it....DO you recommend a website to order from that they'll ship it out quickly? Thanks tmf
almost all stb will clear the gs400 engine cover as far as i know. it sits the lowest of the 3. even my trd stb it clears my 400 engine cover

the 430 engine cover is what you worry about
Old 04-20-05, 02:54 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ordered mine through IM Racing. It was something like $250-$300. It HAS been on back-order for a few weeks now but I called RMM and they gave me a direct status on the build of the new parts. Said that they were being made right then, and all that was left was to ship the batch to a polisher. That was about 10 days ago or so. (around 4/10/05)

I swear that I had called Carson and they told me they didnt' sell it. I'm not saying that they don't, just that I thought I called and the one guy I spoke with said 'no'.
That was the whole reason I went to IM Racing!
Old 04-20-05, 08:23 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by BA_GS400
I ordered mine through IM Racing. It was something like $250-$300. It HAS been on back-order for a few weeks now but I called RMM and they gave me a direct status on the build of the new parts. Said that they were being made right then, and all that was left was to ship the batch to a polisher. That was about 10 days ago or so. (around 4/10/05)

I swear that I had called Carson and they told me they didnt' sell it. I'm not saying that they don't, just that I thought I called and the one guy I spoke with said 'no'.
That was the whole reason I went to IM Racing!
Thats where my Blitz exhaust is coming from "IM. Spoke to guy named Darren and he seemed pretty good about telling me about RMM and how they may be back ordered..He told me the truth on my product so there is no guessing of when and where my exhaust is. I will order from them again soon... Good company Tony
Old 04-21-05, 09:48 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by vicestan
Beefier or not it still works the same. As long as the bar doesnt bend or the joins brake the outcome is the same isent it? Whats the price on that bar?
True I'd say on how it works. The RMM one ain't cheap (250-300) but I had to get it because it clears the EDFC controllers (most others don't although I believe the dirt cheap RVM one will too but I couldn't get one). I also love how the RMM looks - real shiny.
Old 04-21-05, 09:55 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I also love how the RMM looks - real shiny.
Ahh. The real reason comes out.
Old 05-01-05, 11:32 AM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Question RMM engine cover

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

:

Does anyone know if you can still buy the RMM engine cover? And if so how much it would be?

I just got one of their Superchargers installed at RMM, and they told me that my Lexus engine cover would not fit unless I cut part of it off. I think the RMM engine cover looks better. It must be made of carbon-fiber from the looks of it. I like the shiney STB too but that is a little pricey. Plus I've already got a TRD one.
Old 05-03-05, 02:36 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

ivan

have you tried putting your stock cover on

i put mine on yesterday after i read this

and it fit
Old 05-03-05, 05:53 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Default Engine Ciover

I haven't tried it. They said it would not fit so I believed them. I guess I should try it.

Thanks
Ivan
Old 05-04-05, 05:35 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3dog
I just got one of their Superchargers installed at RMM, and they told me that my Lexus engine cover would not fit unless I cut part of it off. ...
Whoa Ivan you got a SC? Congrats!! And you had it installed by RMM in CA? Long drive??
Old 05-04-05, 06:05 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Talking Supercharger

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Whoa Ivan you got a SC? Congrats!! And you had it installed by RMM in CA? Long drive??

Thanks. Yes it was a long drive, almost 1200 miles. I took ten days off of work and did some sightseeing on the way down. Drove along the east flank of the Sierra Nevada Mt Range.
Hiway 395. Very beautiful, all covered with snow. Saw Mt. Whitney and lots of other big Mtns. Shot lots of pictures, hit 130mph a couple of times. I've got inlaws in So Cal and my mom lives about 20 min drive from RMM. So I had places to stay and did some visiting. I ate a lot of great taco's. They are much better than in Seattle. Had RMM install Mon and Tue last week and then XS Eng tuned Wed and Thur and California Performance Trans did a Valve Body job on Fri.. I left Huntington Beach at 5:30 pm on Fri and drove 200 miles north and did the other 930 miles on Sat. Got home at 5:45 pm Sat. Made it both ways without getting any tickets.

I bought it off Klynchgs4. Here is a link to when he had it for sale.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=149792&page=1

The car is very fast. 360 hp and 309lbs of torque. The ECU is still getting used to me flooring it all ther time. I got 8.5 mpg since I got home. I checked with RMM today and the RMM carbon fiber Engine Cover is $388 and the Strutt Tower Bar is $299. Wife just told me no to that stuff .
unless I can come up with cash.

I'm still getting used to the SC I'll write something up pretty soon.
Again thanks for the congrats. I'm thrilled at the power. Most co workers and relatives don't get it. They say stupid stuff like "Do you need that" or "Sounds like a second childhood"
No I don't really need it but that feeling of getting pushed back in the seat is very thrilling.

Ivan
3dog
Old 05-04-05, 06:11 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have to explain it to them they arent going to understand. Just be thankful that the wife is onboard, its a lot easier that way.
Old 05-04-05, 06:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3dog

The car is very fast. 360 hp and 309lbs of torque. The ECU is still getting used to me flooring it all ther time. I got 8.5 mpg since I got home. I checked with RMM today and the RMM carbon fiber Engine Cover is $388 and the Strutt Tower Bar is $299. Wife just told me no to that stuff .
unless I can come up with cash.

dude theres a place

http://www.intensepower.com/rmmpolstrutt.html

http://www.intensepower.com/rmmcarfibenc.html
much cheaper good guys
Old 05-04-05, 06:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
Ahh. The real reason comes out.
No I really got it cuz it fit over the EDFC. The shiny part is nice, but I'm not a bling kinda guy. I'm really not into show except for rims/tires cuz they make ME happy.
Old 05-04-05, 07:43 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Smile

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

Hey thanks that is a lot cheaper.

Ivan
3dog
Old 05-04-05, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow damn, ivan, that's quite some driving!!!! i am sure you were engine it big time on the way back huh

Quick Reply: RMM Polished Strut Tower Brace GS400