Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Q about Daizen camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-05, 05:43 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by inovashn
so a little bad knews.
If your Lexus dealer is ordering parts for you that you didn't order and then charging you, it's time for a new dealer. My bolts were siezed and I only spent like $24? Not sure. Sure wasn't $200.

You do NOT need to replace your upper bolts. Those don't corrode like the lower ones due to location. Return them asap.

I explained earlier that the camber kit with the bushing kit overlaps parts. There should be a better way to order these from Daizen (like upper and lower kits instead of side to side kits). This would eliminate the buying of the same part twice.

And the Daizen does do the "whole" camber kit. The point is to change the angle of the wheel by bringing the top arm out. If you bring out both arms (like you state you need) this will accomplish nothing but bring the whole tire out. The idea is to pivot on the lower arm (it needs to be in a fixed position for that) and extend the top. The camber kit is very complete and does exactly what it states. The lower bushing is standard so you use your stockers or their own bushing kit there.
Old 04-27-05, 08:30 PM
bigdaddyrobb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question about camber kit. Will you use stock specs if you install the daizen camber bushings? Just trying to figure out my best path.

Thanks
Old 04-28-05, 05:31 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdaddyrobb
Question about camber kit. Will you use stock specs if you install the daizen camber bushings? Just trying to figure out my best path.

Thanks
You align the car to any specs you want that fall within the adjustment range.

Remember, when you lower the car, the camber adjustment range is moved in the negative direction. Sometimes so far that it is out of the accepted specs. This is what eats your tires on the inside.

The camber kit brings the adjustment range back into the accepted region. It will allow a fixed range movement of up to 2 degrees.