Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Q about Daizen camber kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 09:22 AM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q about Daizen camber kit

I couldn't really find anything on the site, but does the camber kit include bushings or will I need to purchase those seperately? I'm lowering my car so I need the camber kit, so besides the camber kit what type of bushings will I need (mine are gone at 237k) ?
Old 04-22-05, 09:55 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

The camber kit replaces the upper control arm bushings. The bushings that always go bad are the lower control arm bushings. So you will have to buy the camber kit AND the regular bushing kit.

The regular bushing kit comes with bushings for both upper and lower. So if you buy both kits, you are overlapping parts and buying them twice because the upper control arm bushings from the bushing kit would not be used. You would instead the camber bushings from the camber kit in their place.

Confused yet?

There's no way around it. You just buy all four bushing kits for the car and have some parts left over.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-05, 10:01 AM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Lol yea I'm quite confused. OK so for one I need the camber kit. For the other one do I need the $160 control arm bushing kit for the rear or will the $30 replacement bushings suffice?
Old 04-22-05, 10:39 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

As far as I know Daizen doesn't make any $30 bushings besides the sway bar ones which have nothing to do with the control arms.

You will need all 4 kits that are:

front poly bushes $100
back poly bushes $160

front camber bushes $130
rear camber bushes $130

Total: $520

This will cover you for all the control arm-related bushes on your car.
Old 04-22-05, 10:48 AM
LeXuSrAcIn
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to put those coilovers on hold now and get these bushings taken care of along with the steering bushings.
Old 04-22-05, 05:23 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

wait a minute. my bolts are seized in 3 of the 4 adjustments for alignment. so i ordered new ones from the dealership and went and ordered the daizen camber kit. Isn't that all i need to do the alignment. i'm confused, i need to buy another bushing kit.
Old 04-22-05, 05:48 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

If any of your bushings are bad: You need the bushing kit.

If your car is lowered more than 1" and unalignable: You need the camber kit.

Most older SC's will need both.
Old 04-22-05, 07:15 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

guys, i just bought from TM
front bushing kit $189 upper and lower, full kit
front camber correction kit $129
rear camber correction kit $129

i installed the front bushings already, (2 hours labor) gonna do rear camber kit this weekend
and then it's alignment time and back to stock wheels until this tire eating problem is fixed
also had done the sway bar bushings while the car was up, i'd recommend it (if you didnt do it already ) no more squeaky squeaky
Old 04-25-05, 04:04 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

vred, is it easy to install the camber kit, any special tools required?
Old 04-25-05, 05:12 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

i haven't done it yet but it's same as replacing the bushings, i'll try to take pics of the kit in a little bit
Old 04-25-05, 06:29 PM
RjRacing
Driver

Originally Posted by vredniykot
guys, i just bought from TM...
front camber correction kit $129
rear camber correction kit $129...
TM? Got a website? I am tired of having to get tires every 10k miles due to heavy camber wear.
Old 04-25-05, 06:58 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspension/index.html
Old 04-25-05, 07:21 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

hehe, i didnt need to go far
Old 04-26-05, 06:54 PM
inovashn
Intermediate

Received 45 Likes on 22 Posts

so a little bad knews. If you have to replace any seized bolts beware of price. I went to toyota and asked for the lower adjustment bolts and the nuts to go with them. so they call me to come pick up the stuff today and the guy hands me this box full of bolts and nuts and all this other *****. I then ask him how much is all of this crap and he replys $210. i was like what the f***. All i wanted was the bolts. he says the manual we looked at to order the original parts was wrong and the lexus dealership said i needed all of it. I said i'm not paying for all of this and i don't know what of this i need. so i'm waiting to talk to the guy doing the installation and allignment. My big question is since the so called "camber kit" from daizen doesn't do the whole "camber" and just the upper part and i ordered the other bushing kit to do the lower and i'll have left over parts (thats the most retarded part) Do i need to go ahead and purchase the upper bolts that go where the upper "camber kit" goes, incase they have to torch those off too. I mean i want to get all the bushings put in so they will all be new but this is getting rediculously expensive. i'm up to about 800 dollars for just the equipment.
Old 04-26-05, 09:00 PM
vredniykot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by inovashn
My big question is since the so called "camber kit" from daizen doesn't do the whole "camber" and just the upper part and i ordered the other bushing kit to do the lower and i'll have left over parts (thats the most retarded part) Do i need to go ahead and purchase the upper bolts that go where the upper "camber kit" goes, incase they have to torch those off too. I mean i want to get all the bushings put in so they will all be new but this is getting rediculously expensive. i'm up to about 800 dollars for just the equipment.
yep, the full bushing kit is for both upper and lower arms
kamber lit is for upper only
i just got both those kits and realized that too

but why do you need to replace the bolts? do you know for a fact that they are rusty? i think they are not iron or steel but some sort of lighter material i dont thing they rust, not on my car

Quick Reply: Q about Daizen camber kit