Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I Finally....Dropped my SC300

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 09:45 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Finally....Dropped my SC300

The install took us alot of the eve yesterday and part of the night. I aint gonna lie, it was a Pain in the ***, but it went well. I used Supra HKS springs KYB AGX shocks...
Its definately better visually, an easy 2 inch plus drop. It looks tight- I really hope it doesnt settle too much lower in the front , its slightly lower in front but did fronts first and took a good 6-8 hour break to do rears, so rears i think will settle too . But i had a 4 1/2 inch gap so i had some room to work with. And currently i have 17s , of course you know what that means....18s as soon as i get the $$. but even now it looks great.
I cant give a real review yet. But its improved the handling,steering, and control considerably, and the ride is smooooth, and improvement over my seepy old worn out shocks. Its been so long since mine were good i forget how the stocks felt,so i cant say wether its comparable or not. Oh ...and the launch surprised me ....my head snapped back the first couple times.
Ill post some pics later, and update with a review on the setup once i get used to em.
Attached Thumbnails I Finally....Dropped  my SC300-photo003.jpg  
Old 04-22-05, 10:16 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Oh and thanks to all the help you guys, for advice etc. from everyone thats taken the time to answer my questions, like Guitarman, Vsc400,Mikeloc,Vred, jeremy,the moderators, all the north cal members,and everyone else whos helped myself and others too.
I couldnt change my oil a year ago let alone suspension work and changing a radiator or fan clutch. All of wich ive done in the past 3 months.....Anyhow i hope this doesnt seem too sappy , but you guys are all G
Old 04-26-05, 09:29 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks great! post more pics

I'm debating whether to go with the springs/shocks set-up or install coilovers. I'm going more for looks rather than performance since I don't race or anything like that.

how much did these run and where did you get them? TIA
Old 04-27-05, 02:18 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Thanks, it doesnt seem like the same car at all.i dont do any racing or anything either .especially since im 1 ticket from losing my licence and i was after the cosmetics too to be honest. and my shocks were leaking and wothless. I bought them from a local person as i was on a tight budget, so coils were not an option for me . But im more than happy with what i got, for less than 400,used of course its hard to complain. And i will post some pics asap, im doing my lca bushings this week, so as long as it goes well and i dont get frustrated i may have alot of pics.
Old 04-27-05, 02:27 AM
sc.Fred
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cloud9
looks great! post more pics

TIA

word.. post more PIX!! car looks good.. what kinda rims are those?
Old 04-28-05, 05:12 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good from what I can see... more pics!!!!
Old 04-28-05, 09:23 PM
KrazeMatik
Lexus Test Driver

looks great but we need more pics !
Old 04-30-05, 10:16 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

thanks for the input guys, sorry about the quality of these pics i will try and get some better ones in the next few days. Pic 1 is showing the gap is 1 inch now , BTW it was 4 inches
Attached Thumbnails I Finally....Dropped  my SC300-photo430009.jpg  
Old 04-30-05, 10:22 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Again sorry about the quality
Attached Thumbnails I Finally....Dropped  my SC300-photo430002.jpg  
Old 04-30-05, 10:31 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
Again sorry about the quality
another pic ,by the way the rims are only 17s and the offset is low -i believe its 40
Attached Thumbnails I Finally....Dropped  my SC300-photo430006.jpg  
Old 04-30-05, 10:42 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

another picture
Attached Thumbnails I Finally....Dropped  my SC300-photo002.jpg  
Old 05-06-05, 10:38 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2jznat
nice look
Hey thanks for the positive comments! A little update though--2 words .....CAMBER KIT!!! I did my research before and knew i needed it but got lazy and cheap, and thought i could wait a month or so. : BIG mistake! Well my drivers side front is almost dead . Its hella worn on the inside. Last night i was whistling N smilin like a mo fo, cleanin my rims after i washed it. Thiking damn my car looks good. But then i noticed the bald inner part of my tire and knew i had no 1 but my dumb *** th blame. I cant believe how quick it ate it up.. .less than 3 weeks and these tires were at about 25% left i would say, so 6months easily was left. Now its gone. So much for me saving up for rims . It looks like im settling for cheap and a camber kit.
I read other people saying you would be buying tires every 6 months if you didnt get the kit. But i bet it would be 2 months literally.......
So the moral of the story is if youre lowering youre car , especially more than an inch you need to get the camber kit.
Old 05-07-05, 08:05 AM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

did u get the car aligned?? I dropped it with espelirs and they were able to correct some of it to within factory specs but some of it they couldn't. they said it won't really eat at my tires too much. so now after 4 months, it looks like normal tire wear. try an alignment first once it settles.
Old 05-07-05, 07:22 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
did u get the car aligned?? I dropped it with espelirs and they were able to correct some of it to within factory specs but some of it they couldn't. they said it won't really eat at my tires too much. so now after 4 months, it looks like normal tire wear. try an alignment first once it settles.
Hey thanks for the tip. I just hadnt gotten to that yet, And i was looking at my other suspension and my upper control arm bushings dont seem like theyre worn out yet. So maybe an alignment is all i need ? Aside from my LCA bushings of course theyre totally gone in the front.
Oh and its been 3 weeks now since i dropped it, is that sufficient time to allow to settle?