Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Intrax/RMM Front and Rear Stabilizers? Compared to Daizan?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-05, 09:58 AM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intrax/RMM Front and Rear Stabilizers? Compared to Daizan?

Hey, has anyone else had these installed? Does anyone else know how good they are? thanks!
Old 04-23-05, 11:32 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I seriously doubt anyone has had both the Intrax and Daizen bars on their car, so NO ONE can make a fair comparison on the two bars, who hasn't tested both. All we can do is comment on the merits of each bar. There's no doubt the Daizens are good, but again there's nothing saying the Intrax aren't just as good, better or worse. Also if you factor in price, the Daizens cost a bit more, so you should consider if the price difference is worth it to ya.

I 've had the Intrax/RMM on my car 5 years now. They are adjustable like the Daizen as well, which I like the option to tighten up the rear bar for autocross.

No problems with the bars, they have been trouble free the whole time.

I've driven in Daizen equipped cars, but since we all have different set ups, it's hard to make an honest comparison. Let's just say there was nothing significant that you could tell any real difference.

I'd be curious to compare the front and rear diameters between the two, though I know that doesn't tell everything. I'll have to visit Rominl with a measuring tape soon.

I think the bottom line is any good sway bar from a reputable company is going to make your car handle well. Take out factors of cost, quality and ride and all you have left is handling. In that area, there is no best bar, since it depends if you want handling for the track or for pot holed roads in the snow states or something in between.

In the area of ride quality, I have Tein RA's on my car so it's not a smooth set up already, so it wouldn't be fair to judge if the sways affect the ride quality, since the Teins are affecting this area greatly.

A group of us did a ride comfort comparison a while ago. I can say I have rode in Rominl's car (Tein Flex/Daizen) and Neo's car (Tein CS / Daizen) and the ride on all 3 of our cars was comparable on the freeway, only on the slower speeds and heavy bumps did those set ups come out better. The differences were noticable, but not significant IMO. Note: I am only commenting about comparing ride quality, not handling. We have to push the cars a lot harder to compare handling, but that was not on our agenda at the time.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 04-23-05 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-23-05, 03:48 PM
koreanpers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome info! thanks..sent u a pm.
Old 04-25-05, 02:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

rmmgs4 put it so well, it's way too hard to have a fair words to say, especially since i don't think anyone has had both sways before. the ride difference was there, but i think that was mostly from the coilover setup.

in terms of sways? personally i am not sure if most people push teh limits on the sways that often. that's when the rear of the car start swinging out