Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

trdswaybars

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-01, 01:34 PM
altzasyko

how much do they cost?
Old 06-16-01, 02:19 PM
Risk3233
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine for $330 for the set; front and rear.

Excellent product. Will change the ride of the OEM suspension dramatically.
Old 06-17-01, 09:14 PM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Risk 3233

Where did you end up getting your sway bars?

I was trying to get them through RMM and they still have no clue when they are going to receive them.
Old 06-17-01, 09:18 PM
Risk3233
Driver

simpdaddy,

BTW cool name.

I actually got them from my local Lexus dealer. I had to wait a while; about 3-4 weeks.
Old 06-17-01, 09:24 PM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

Risk3233,

Thx, I'll try calling some dealers around my area. Hopefully the price hasn't gone up.

RMM wants $425 for them.
Old 06-19-01, 11:38 AM
croddy
Driver School Candidate

Default Stuck in Japan

I ordered TRD sway bars from RMM well over a month ago, and call every week to get the status. This week they told me that they were selling so well in Japan that they didn't want to send them over here, because we are there secondary market. I do not think that the dealers will have any better luck, but let me know. I would be willing to pay a little more to get them sooner. I have two track events in July that I want these on for. Very frustrating. I wish there was another sway bar that had there specs and reputation. I know that there is another sway bar, but by the specs it seems it would make the car understeer more. That is my rant.
and what is up with IS300.net. I do miss it.
Old 06-19-01, 11:43 AM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

RMM told me the same crap on friday.

I called one dealership yesterday. He said they won't be able to get anything for at least 2 months. The price was arond 450.

Still gonna keep trying. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Old 06-19-01, 12:38 PM
Risk3233
Driver

croddy & simp,

Have either of you tried gabe from IS net. I don't recall his email, but he stated that he could get almost any TRD part made for the IS.

Old 06-19-01, 12:46 PM
croddy
Driver School Candidate

I asked him to let me know when he could get them and I never heard back from him. I think he might have been running into the same problem. Risk, how is your shock/spring combo working out?
Old 06-19-01, 12:54 PM
simpdaddy
Driver School Candidate

If someone has his email address, can you post it up.

I tried calling Tustin Lexus. They told me 4-6 weeks. $420

I'll send my order through them and let you know how it goes.
Old 06-19-01, 01:18 PM
Risk3233
Driver

croddy,

I finally got to put the system through its paces. I posted a short write-up on this board in another thread. My system is as follows:

TRD race sway bars
Eibach Pro Kit springs
TRD 5-way adj. shocks
5Zigen Heidfelds
Toyo Proxes FZ-4, 33 psi.

Essentially, when I first got the car, I had the front shocks set at full soft (setting "1") and the rears at "1" also. The front end experienced some oscillation (i.e. bounce). My thinking is that the Eibach Pro Kit springs were a little too firm for that soft setting so I needed to dial in a little more rebound. After I set the front shocks to "2" and left the rears at "1" the suspension improved.

I drove a secluded country road late at night (BTW on my way to the drag races) and opened the car up.

The road is a narrow and twisty road that drops 3,500 ft. in elevation in about 10 miles. The car handled the turns very well. The car remained neutral and didn't exhibit any oversteer or understeer in any noticeable amounts.

The car is riding on Toyo Proxes FZ-4s w/33 psi cold. The car tracked the turns and especially the off-cambers with little or no body roll.

The high speed stability also improved w/the firmer suspension and the lower ride height.

I haven't tried the full firm settings yet (i.e. "5" front and back), but feel that the 2 and 1 setting is a good compromise for daily driving and performance. My wife does not object to the firmness of this setting. Comfortable, yet firm enough for aggressive driving.
Old 06-19-01, 05:23 PM
manutd

Risk3233, I just sent your a PM. Could you take a look and reply back to me either through PM or to my home e-mail address? It is regarding to install the TRD sway bars.

Thanks

Manutd

sacramento, Ca

Old 06-19-01, 05:36 PM
Risk3233
Driver

manutd,

I sent you an email in response.
Old 06-19-01, 05:40 PM
QBranchCars
Lead Lap

Guys,

If you need anything from TRD, including L-Tuned, see Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota. He has great prices and service, and won't give you the BS that RMM does. His phone is 1-800-908-6968 ext. 2381. Most ClubLexus members go through him.
Old 06-20-01, 09:33 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Guys,

Calvin, thanks!!!

I want to let you know what Lexus is doing to some of the TRD Japan parts. Since the IS300 was released I've been stocking selling the TRD carbon-fiber Altezza grill. Well, Lexus "L-Tuned" decided they wanted them for their line and all of a sudden my orders are cancelled!! They will be re-released in a few months,re-packaged and charged more for the same product.

My point is some other parts are going to go that way, such as suspension components. The prices I've seen quoted from other dealers are high, I sold my last set for $313.00. These are the TRD "yellow" race sways, they are stiffer and less expensive then the "street" sways. I'm told these to will be put on hold shortly.

Before this happens I would like to put up a group buy for these. You will save somemore $$ depending on the number of people. This will most likely be the last time to get these at a good price before "L-Tuned" gets their hands on them. There is a lead time of at least 4 weeks on them, but I can get these air freighted out once we have a number.

Anyone interested give me an email, we need to get this going by June 25th to be safe. The only other cost involved would be the shipping, depending on where you live $22.00-$43.00 from California

Quick Reply: trdswaybars