Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

The Best - Dust Less Brakes Pads for Stock Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-05, 08:13 AM
shftup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SlickGt1 - Just to confirm you have stock brakes?

I was just thinkin -- Becuase you have a black GS, maybe its tough to see the dust on the car, what color are your wheels(dark or light, my are light) also as I have a diamond pearl while GS - u see every little spec or whatever.............

Thanx so much.
Old 06-01-05, 05:13 PM
GS300t
Driver School Candidate

I just placed an order with Carson Toyota for a set of Rotora slotted rotors with Axxis Ultimate pads all the way around and they should be here early next week. I have a silver GS with silver wheels, so brake dust isn't as apparent as it would be on a white car, but I still notice things like that. After I put them on and let them break in a bit I'll report back with my findings. I ALMOST went with the EBC Red Stuff but decided to save on the shipping and get the pads from Carson for this round. Next time I need pads I'll probably go with the EBC Red Stuff to get a good comparison between the two. The Axxis Ultimates are about $40 cheaper when doing all four corners, so I guess that's a plus! I'll be sure to let you guys know!
Old 06-08-05, 02:26 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Just went to ajusa online and they only show greenstuff for the GS400...

Old 06-08-05, 02:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,434 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300t
I just placed an order with Carson Toyota for a set of Rotora slotted rotors with Axxis Ultimate pads all the way around and they should be here early next week. I have a silver GS with silver wheels, so brake dust isn't as apparent as it would be on a white car, but I still notice things like that. After I put them on and let them break in a bit I'll report back with my findings. I ALMOST went with the EBC Red Stuff but decided to save on the shipping and get the pads from Carson for this round. Next time I need pads I'll probably go with the EBC Red Stuff to get a good comparison between the two. The Axxis Ultimates are about $40 cheaper when doing all four corners, so I guess that's a plus! I'll be sure to let you guys know!
Hmm... if brake dust bothers you, the ultimates are gonna bother you too - they're VERY dusty. I'm not even close to **** about my car being clean (as many on here harass me about ) and I got rid of the ultimates after a couple of months. Anyway, maybe your experience will be different. Good luck!
Old 06-08-05, 08:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
Just went to ajusa online and they only show greenstuff for the GS400...

sorry john, its avail for supra tt
Old 06-08-05, 09:06 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
sorry john, its avail for supra tt
No prob Ed... I did find them elsewhere...

Old 06-09-05, 01:41 PM
nicknace
Driver

Default Care to share where?

???????????

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4
No prob Ed... I did find them elsewhere...

Old 06-09-05, 04:05 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

i used HAWK PADS on my solara and they were great pads when i do the supra upgrade kit i'm gonna use HAWK PADS again..
Old 06-09-05, 04:51 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 6 sets of pad since I upgraded to SupraTT setup 40k miles ago. I've used stock/TRD/Hawk/EBCGreen and EBC red. So far the EBC red is the least dust. TRD and Hawk HPS were the worst
Old 06-09-05, 06:06 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by JacobT
I've had 6 sets of pad since I upgraded to SupraTT setup 40k miles ago. I've used stock/TRD/Hawk/EBCGreen and EBC red. So far the EBC red is the least dust. TRD and Hawk HPS were the worst

jacob , i see you did get the new red ceramics , have you gotten on them as yet , for what i find the harder you brake and the more times you brake to more grippier they get , they bite hard and dont fade
Old 06-09-05, 09:22 PM
JacobT
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ed, I have installed EBC Red for 2 weeks now. You're right, these ceramic pads do need some warm up to get grippier. The beauty of these pads are the dust is white and almost invisible while the EBC green I used to have emits black dust.
Old 06-18-05, 09:28 AM
GS300t
Driver School Candidate

Sorry it took so long to update guys, but I kinda forgot since my car has been gone. I got the brakes the day before I had to be at SRT, so I slapped 'em on and headed out east just hours later. So I have absolutely nothing to report since I didn't even get the brakes broken in on the highway, I barely did any braking the whole way since I left from Indiana at about midnight. Maybe once I get the car back in late July / early August I can give a good update on the new brakes, but I think that'll probably be the last thing on my mind at that time... Not much I can say about them besides that they looked better than the stock rotors, but that's a given!
Old 08-05-05, 04:48 PM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well...i replaced my brake pads awhile back...got the wrong friction material i guess...so i switched to Brake Best premium from O'reilly's...had them on for about 3 weeks now...I'm very sastisfied for an oem pad and they cost around 38 dollars. virtually no dust
Old 08-05-05, 04:58 PM
antbo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sockfocks
Well...i replaced my brake pads awhile back...got the wrong friction material i guess...so i switched to Brake Best premium from O'reilly's...had them on for about 3 weeks now...I'm very sastisfied for an oem pad and they cost around 38 dollars. virtually no dust
were can you purchase these? i used the autozone ones. there's so much brake dust, its unbelievable. ill wash my car and ill dry it off when i get to my wheels ill drive it maybe like 5 houses down and make a u-turn then when i come back to my driveway, there's already a good amount of brake dust and im not even exaggerating. one 30 min of driving 13 miles in traffic, my wheels will look brown. so i need some new brake pads!!!
Old 08-10-05, 12:30 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

ahh i noticed u read my old thread about wagner ceramic pads....

well its been over a year now and i upped to 20" like a few months after i installed the wagner pads...i still have plenty of pad left to go... i also changed my rears about 2-3months ago with wagner pads as well.

i think im going to stay with wagner pads untill i get a BBK and the high disk wheel combo... BUT that looks unlikely for some time to come.

Quick Reply: The Best - Dust Less Brakes Pads for Stock Rotors