Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tramlining problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-05, 02:29 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a serious tramlining problem too. The car feels kinda scary to cruise on straights because any imperfection on the road seems to knock it off course of just the slope of the road will pull the car to the right. Its kinda bad to the point where I drive <50mph on the streets lol. My car has 135k miles.

So the best bet is to replace the lca with the front Supra LCAs and steering rack bushings?

Is it necessary or would it be a big improvement if the upper arms bushings and the rears be replaced too?

Would tie rod end bushings and upper arms
Old 05-22-05, 03:53 PM
setwire
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tramlining

Originally Posted by xknowonex
I have a serious tramlining problem too. The car feels kinda scary to cruise on straights because any imperfection on the road seems to knock it off course of just the slope of the road will pull the car to the right. Its kinda bad to the point where I drive <50mph on the streets lol. My car has 135k miles.

So the best bet is to replace the lca with the front Supra LCAs and steering rack bushings?

Is it necessary or would it be a big improvement if the upper arms bushings and the rears be replaced too?

Would tie rod end bushings and upper arms
The answers to all your questions are in this thread.
Just read all the posts.
Old 05-23-05, 01:43 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
it IS negligent, and at $210 per arm it's considerably cheaper than it's Lexus counterpart.
Ok, so with the upper control arms, would it be a better choice to just replace the bushings or the entire arms. The reason why Im asking this is because alot of people on here seem to agree that its easier and more cost effective to get the Supra LCA than to replace the bushings - and deal with the struggle to get the bushings in and out - or gettin the Lexus OEM arms.
Old 05-23-05, 03:00 AM
setwire
Pole Position

Default Tramlining

Ok, so with the upper control arms, would it be a better choice to just replace the bushings or the entire arms. The reason why Im asking this is because alot of people on here seem to agree that its easier and more cost effective to get the Supra LCA than to replace the bushings - and deal with the struggle to get the bushings in and out - or gettin the Lexus OEM arms.
I replaced all my bushings with Vlamos Bushings because I wanted the original Lexus ride.
If somebody could confirm that the Supra LCA has the same bushings as the Lexus LCA then I may have gone that route.
The only reason I would have gone withthe Supra LCA is if my ball joints were confirmed as being in bad shape.
Once you have the suspension apart and on a bench the replacing of the bushings is very easy.
Takes all of about 10 minutes per bushing.

Rob
Old 05-23-05, 08:54 AM
JCSOTW
Rookie

I've gotten quotes last week for just replacing the LCA bushings and the lowest is $200 and the highest was $500 (Luxury Motor Works). The cheapest quote to replace the steering rack bushings was $60 which is also the same price to install a whole new rack?! I'm going to have the work done @ Harding's Automotive in South Gate and I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who can vouch for the ride of these SC's after fixing these problems.
Old 05-23-05, 11:44 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, so with the upper control arms...
Please don't confuse people, we've only discussed the FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS because those are what gets all the action, the uppers are usually fine. Again, please read all the posts so as not to get confused.