Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra TT upgrade Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-05, 04:31 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I don't know about what the max would be but we have drifter cars useing 25mm and up and some high horsepower cars here and around the country using spacers to fit big brakes and no issues. I would think imo that 15 would be the most i'd use upfront which when you break it down is about a little more than 1/2 inch as long as its a hubcentric spacer you should be fine. I've had no issues what so ever with mine so far but I'm only doing a 8mm up front. I've had no issues with vibrations,alignment,balancing or anything to that matter. I know VIP sedans that use bigger spacers to fit wide wheels but they only really do shows and stuff so i wouldn't exactly count that for everyday use if that what your looking for...contact LMW if you have any q's about them..

adrian

you made some valid points and i too know this but hes talking about a everyday driver whereas drifters and the like are only really concerned about each track event just like race teams always change out pads and rotors after each event beacuse of stress and fatigue on those components .. spacers in the rear is not bad but up front more then 10mm can and will affect susp settings esp going to a 20 or 25mm up front not to mention tramlining issues

just my thoughts
Old 06-06-05, 04:34 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The H&R are hubcentric and it does have a lip that makes the rim hubcentric to the spacer.
Old 06-06-05, 05:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HI98GS
The H&R are hubcentric and it does have a lip that makes the rim hubcentric to the spacer.
For which size? So far, I've only seen confirmation that the 25mm spacers have this lip. It would be nice to have more data points.

The hubcentricity will certainly help eliminate/avoid vibrations but it does not remove the suspension geometry issue that Ed is talking about.

Here is a little info on it:
http://www.miata.net/garage/offset.htm

Quickie image:

Last edited by Neo; 06-06-05 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-06-05, 05:14 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ed-Right, I was just refering to some members that we have here and other cars i know that are everyday drivers that go to shows and use big spacers to fit brakes. I wouldn't do a 20-25mm myself but I do know of some who have and have had no issues.

my biggest point just as much as how they will ride is how they will look with the front wheels sticking out and the rear sticking in unless you do a matching spacer in the rear to flush out the rears aswell. either way its your decision and just know that some have done it and have no issues but it is a big spacer no matter what..good luck..
Old 06-06-05, 10:50 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

here is the 15 mm spacer. Remember you have to change to extended studs when you use this. This is the H&R one. I have seen some generic ones but I didn't like the finish
Attached Thumbnails Supra TT upgrade Q's-spacer2.jpg  
Old 06-07-05, 12:09 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by HI98GS
here is the 15 mm spacer. Remember you have to change to extended studs when you use this. This is the H&R one. I have seen some generic ones but I didn't like the finish
Nice. Good to know.
Old 06-07-05, 02:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
I don't know about what the max would be but we have drifter cars useing 25mm and up and some high horsepower cars here and around the country using spacers to fit big brakes and no issues. I would think imo that 15 would be the most i'd use upfront which when you break it down is about a little more than 1/2 inch as long as its a hubcentric spacer you should be fine. I've had no issues what so ever with mine so far but I'm only doing a 8mm up front. I've had no issues with vibrations,alignment,balancing or anything to that matter. I know VIP sedans that use bigger spacers to fit wide wheels but they only really do shows and stuff so i wouldn't exactly count that for everyday use if that what your looking for...contact LMW if you have any q's about them..
i definitely agree with HI here. drifters use them for a race doesn't mean anything, they change everything after every race, so it's not really comparable to daily driving with all the uneven road condtions
Old 06-07-05, 11:21 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok well im trying to fit Supra TT/LS Calipers ...not sure which yet but Im wondering since I wont be upgrading the rear what size can I use to stick it out to the max....will 25mm fit fine i have a 20x8.5 w/ 35 offset
Old 06-07-05, 12:12 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I also had the 25 mm H&R spacer. The nice thing about it is that you bolt the spacer to the hub and then you secure the wheel to the spacer. I already sold this a while back so I don't have pics. With the stock wheels, it fit nicely and made the rear look more "full"
Old 06-09-05, 04:39 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

i should be set i have a 15mm coming for the front and a 20mm coming for the rear.. then i'll oder the supra tt brake snext week and in a month or so i'll order my Tein CS and hopefully my damn tanabe exhaust will be ready to ship sumtime.. its still backordered now for another month
Old 06-09-05, 08:55 PM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by LEXISM
Im wondering since I wont be upgrading the rear what size can I use to stick it out to the max....will 25mm fit fine i have a 20x8.5 w/ 35 offset
This will make the spec x8.5 +10. For this size, fender rubbing will start at around +23. This can be MADE to fit but fender work and maybe a little neg camber will be needed.
Old 06-12-05, 07:34 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

thanks for everything guys
Old 07-04-05, 08:30 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

got the brakes.... installed them.. everything worked fine except steve ganz from carson toyota either A. didnt inform me that i would need to order a fitting kit for the pads or B. they forgot to send it to me so i had to order them and my car is sitting at work waiting for them to come in.. luckily i work at toyota so it wasnt hard to have to order them... and the 15mm spacer in the front work to clear the calipers.. so thank you HI98GS

Last edited by Adam2562; 07-05-05 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-04-05, 09:17 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I knew it was gonna work. glad it did. No problems, anything else I can help you with just hit me up.
Ricky
Old 07-05-05, 06:08 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What do you mean a fitting kit for the pads?

Quick Reply: Supra TT upgrade Q's