Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

kyb agx front /tokico rears on espelirs on SC

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-05, 06:14 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyb agx front /tokico rears on espelirs on SC

I have the espelirs for the SC already and I want shocks that will offer the stiffest replacement over stock. Hence, I'm considering getting kyb agx from the supra for the fronts since i heard the fronts are interchangeable but i guess the only other option for the rear is tokico blues if i want to keep the espelirs. Anyone have an idea of how the ride will be if the rears are softer than the fronts? Haven't seen anyone try this set up yet...maybe for a reason. Any help appreciated.
Old 06-08-05, 05:32 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I've always thought that to use shocks for a Supra you needed Supra-specific springs (aftermarket or OEM)?

I'd also like to know what the ride would be like.
Old 06-08-05, 12:34 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

I have KYB AGX w/ HKS sp5s for Supras on my sc300 ,both front and rear. I got em used about 6-8 weeks ago. And im very happy with it . Very smooth, and handles 1000 times better. Plus its as low as i would ever want .
You just can t mix springs for an sc with struts from a supra and vice versa in the rear. But my understanding is you could in the front.
Old 06-08-05, 03:05 PM
ChronoJ1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
You just can t mix springs for an sc with struts from a supra and vice versa in the rear. But my understanding is you could in the front.
Correct. (Can a mod please remove this stupid, "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.")
Old 06-08-05, 06:40 PM
chitwnsazn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CantSeeMe
Yeah i understand that. Thats y i want to mix SC epelir springs up front with kyb agx shocks for a supra up front. The rears will be tokico blues and espelirs for a SC. Just worried that there will be too big of an imbalance betwwen the front and the rear. I guess it sounds like kinda a crazy idea.
Old 06-18-05, 02:37 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chitwnsazn
Yeah i understand that. Thats y i want to mix SC epelir springs up front with kyb agx shocks for a supra up front. The rears will be tokico blues and espelirs for a SC. Just worried that there will be too big of an imbalance betwwen the front and the rear. I guess it sounds like kinda a crazy idea.
actually i dont see how there would be a problem with it, since you can adjust the KYBs, im sure the 1 of the settings is probably comparable to the tokikos . Keep in mind if youre buying new the KYBagx are gonna be close to 100 more than the blues.