Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-01, 05:39 PM
Orkin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a blue is and would it be wise to color my calipers white and put blue stickers on them?
Old 06-25-01, 06:34 PM
nutinbut

As long as you don't mind cleaning the calipers too often...go right ahead! It will look really sweet but the upkeep on white calipers are very high. I have a Silver IS and have had silver metallic calipers with metallic graphite lexus lettering since September, and believe me, that color is hard enough to keep up with. So my question to you is....how often do you clean your car? If it is AT LEAST once a week...you might get away with white. Good Luck!!!
Old 06-25-01, 08:07 PM
marke1
Driver School Candidate

I have a Diamond White Pearl IS300 and was thinking about painting the calipers. What color do you think would be best? I was thinking gloss black would be a good, subtle color. Or maybe red if I want a little more flash.
Old 06-25-01, 09:22 PM
TNguyenIS300
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by marke1
I have a Diamond White Pearl IS300 and was thinking about painting the calipers. What color do you think would be best? I was thinking gloss black would be a good, subtle color. Or maybe red if I want a little more flash.
How about Blue with white Lexus sticker on your calipers. I think it gonna look awesome !!!! Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-26-01, 08:30 AM
aust182
Rookie

does anyone know where to get the caliper stickers? Should be 'lexus' for the front and the lexus 'L' for the rear ones. I have seen pix of people with the stickers on the painted calipers and they look trick. Thanx in advance.
Old 06-26-01, 09:15 AM
Orkin
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. In fact I do wash my car once a week. I also wipe my car down every day. I also wax my car every other week. I think im going for either the white with blue stickers or yellow with white stickers.
Old 06-26-01, 10:30 AM
Tony Montana

Where can I get these stickers the L for the back and lexus for the fronts like I've seen in some of the pics on this site????
Old 06-26-01, 03:39 PM
triz

I have a pair of Black Lexus stickers I can sell you if you want. I decided to use the white ones I have. If not check with TED921 if he can get them. Im not sure if hes still doing it.
Old 06-26-01, 06:05 PM
nutinbut

Originally posted by aust182
does anyone know where to get the caliper stickers? Should be 'lexus' for the front and the lexus 'L' for the rear ones. I have seen pix of people with the stickers on the painted calipers and they look trick. Thanx in advance.
I paid 5 DOLLARS at a local sign/graphics shop.
I gave him a magazine add and he scanned "lexus" and the lexus logo and I gave him the exact surface area of the front and back calipers. For the front calipers, I had him make it bend perfectly with the contour of the caliper. I have seen the straight stickers on the front and I didnt like the way it looked so i got a piece of paper and traced the flat area that curves in a semi-circle on the front calipers and he made them up and it looks totally stock!!!

Like I said before I have has this done since September
and every comment I have gotten about the calipers were " it looks like it came like that from the factory!"
which was the whole point because I didnt want anything too flashy, I just wanted it to look like it was SUPPOSED to look like that!!

Old 07-01-01, 05:55 PM
nutinbut

Here is a pic of my setup....what do you think???
Attached Thumbnails calipers-7.jpg  
Old 07-02-01, 09:30 AM
Orkin
Rookie

nice
Old 07-02-01, 01:52 PM
aust182
Rookie

Originally posted by nutinbut
Here is a pic of my setup....what do you think???
First off how are they holding up. Second, I would send you the money if you could get duplicates made, those look perfect!!
Old 07-02-01, 06:15 PM
nutinbut

Originally posted by aust182

First off how are they holding up. Second, I would send you the money if you could get duplicates made, those look perfect!!

Thanks for the compliment!!
They are holding up great, when I put the sticker on the caliper, i used a heat gun to make sure it had really good contact. No signs of peeling whatsoever.

this was my post from before:

"I paid 5 DOLLARS at a local sign/graphics shop.
I gave him a magazine add and he scanned "lexus" and the lexus logo and I gave him the exact surface area of the front and back calipers. For the front calipers, I had him make it bend perfectly with the contour of the caliper. I have seen the straight stickers on the front and I didnt like the way it looked so i got a piece of paper and traced the flat area that curves in a semi-circle on the front calipers and he made them up and it looks totally stock!!!

Like I said before I have has this done since September
and every comment I have gotten about the calipers were " it looks like it came like that from the factory!"
which was the whole point because I didnt want anything too flashy, I just wanted it to look like it was SUPPOSED to look like that!!"

It was REALLY REALLY easy to do,
just find a graphics shop around where you live and explain what you want done...they should be able to hook yopu up!!

Thanks again,

John G.

Old 07-03-01, 01:00 PM
Orkin
Rookie

did any of you paint your calipers yourself or did you have it done professionally. Thanks
Old 07-03-01, 05:37 PM
nutinbut

Originally posted by Orkin
did any of you paint your calipers yourself or did you have it done professionally. Thanks
did it myself. It is incredibly simple!