Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

to lower, or not to lower

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05 | 03:17 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Default to lower, or not to lower

I have eibach's on supratt struts sitting in my garage.....

right now i am on stock suspension and occasionally am putting my rear tires into the top of the wheel wells (already cut the lip out)

If I switch to the eibach&struts, I am wondering although the car sits lower - will it be stiff enough to keep it off the top of the wheel wells? And will this help/hurt 60's?
Old 06-22-05 | 04:14 PM
Twirl
Pole Position

Depends what you're using it for. Of course it will be stiffer using the stiff tt shocks and springs, But if you are drifitng, auto-x'ing, ect ect these will not hold up their s/r is not high enough. If you would like to alleviate this problem then your route needs to be in the direction of stiffer coilovers. It all depends on your preference though, do you want a full out race sysytem with 20/16kg's? Or a more streetable 14/10kg's. All on you mah man. If anything swap on the new springs and shocks and try it out for yourself, don't like it, then you can switch back over to stockers. Tell us how it works out for ya man.
Old 06-22-05 | 10:15 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Twirl
Depends what you're using it for. Of course it will be stiffer using the stiff tt shocks and springs, But if you are drifitng, auto-x'ing, ect ect these will not hold up their s/r is not high enough. If you would like to alleviate this problem then your route needs to be in the direction of stiffer coilovers. It all depends on your preference though, do you want a full out race sysytem with 20/16kg's? Or a more streetable 14/10kg's. All on you mah man. If anything swap on the new springs and shocks and try it out for yourself, don't like it, then you can switch back over to stockers. Tell us how it works out for ya man.
The car is setup for drag, I do not care about autox or drifting... I just want something that will launch, and not drag the inside of the wheel wells. I guess the easiest way to find out is install it and test... just a waste of time if they smash the wells but oh well.
Old 06-23-05 | 06:29 AM
PHLSingle
Pole Position

Any man dragging a th400 equiped SC300 - should NOT be considering Eibach's!

I use to have Eibachs on my Supra...I swapped them out for stock TT springs. My advice to you would be to either leave on the factory Lexus suspension or if you want a little lower look - go with stock TT springs.

Not sure how much room the Lex has for tires back there...but once you get your 60's into the 1.5-1.6 range - the car will sit down HARD!!

What size tire do you race on?

This will net you much, much better 60's vs. any Eibach spring/strut setup.

Best of luck,
Jay
Old 06-23-05 | 07:26 AM
turbo6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PHLSingle
Any man dragging a th400 equiped SC300 - should NOT be considering Eibach's!

I use to have Eibachs on my Supra...I swapped them out for stock TT springs. My advice to you would be to either leave on the factory Lexus suspension or if you want a little lower look - go with stock TT springs.

Not sure how much room the Lex has for tires back there...but once you get your 60's into the 1.5-1.6 range - the car will sit down HARD!!

What size tire do you race on?

This will net you much, much better 60's vs. any Eibach spring/strut setup.

Best of luck,
Jay
Thank you, looks like I'll be posting up a set for sale. Should I get some adjustable struts so I can stiffen up the rear if slamming too hard, or sounds like you are saying just stay on the stock lexus stuff.

I don't care too much about lower look, while the front would be nice to come down a little, the rear sits fine to me, and I can live with it if it goes down the track

I'm running a 28" BFG DR
Old 06-24-05 | 05:55 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

How many miles on those struts you going to sell ?
Old 06-24-05 | 11:36 PM
turbo6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jgscott
How many miles on those struts you going to sell ?
They're already sold, sorry