Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Softest Riding Lowering Spring ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-05, 11:28 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,055 Posts
Default Softest Riding Lowering Spring ?

I got a great deal thru one of my friends on a pair of 97 TT Supra shocks that were replaced by the Toyota dealer and only have about 8k total miles on them.
I was about to get a set of aftermarket TT Supra Springs that lower the "Supra TT" 1.2inches in the front and .8 inches in the back. I thought I had this all figured out from all the expert experienced opinions I saw here, then I started to 2nd guess myself.

Ok is this correct ? If the "Stock Supra springs" lower the SC about .7 to 1 inch. Then if I get aftermarket " Supra Lowering spring that lower the " Supra " 1.2 inches front and .8 in back then I would be lowered a total on my SC of approx 2.2 in front and 1.8 in back right ?

I don't think with my 18" wheels I want to be that low for sure in the front. I want to use the TT scocks I just bough so....

If I am correct my question is who makes the softest riding spring that i could use That would give me just a little increase in handleing and drop. I don't have much Budget left due to engine performance project i am working on now. Thanks
Old 06-30-05, 08:47 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look up specs for the eibach.
Old 06-30-05, 09:00 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgscott
Then if I get aftermarket " Supra Lowering spring that lower the " Supra " 1.2 inches front and .8 in back then I would be lowered a total on my SC of approx 2.2 in front and 1.8 in back right ?
That is correct. The general rule of thumb is to add approx. 0.7" to the drop from Supra specs when installing them in the SC.
Old 06-30-05, 10:51 AM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sourcemine
Look up specs for the eibach.
Thanks to both.I looked at thier site said Pro Kit is 1" drop front and back.

Any got these Pro Kit springs that can give comment about how hard or stiff the ride is ? And if so what shocks are you running with the Pro kit springs. I did a shearch and not much about them here.

What springs Drop but are still soft on ride ?????
Old 06-30-05, 11:11 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most people go with Eibachs and Tokico shocks or Blistens which give a decent ride. Do not go with KYB-GR shocks...it's like a jack hammer so I've heard.

Keep in mind that anything over 1" lowering, you will need to get a camber kit to keep the wheels at factory specs and have even tread wear for your tires.
Old 07-05-05, 01:58 PM
buuzy
Driver

I just got my Espelir springs install. I think these drop my car more than an inch. Where can I get the camber kit?
Old 07-06-05, 07:34 AM
abdul10000
Driver

Originally Posted by jgscott
Thanks to both.I looked at thier site said Pro Kit is 1" drop front and back.

Any got these Pro Kit springs that can give comment about how hard or stiff the ride is ? And if so what shocks are you running with the Pro kit springs. I did a shearch and not much about them here.

What springs Drop but are still soft on ride ?????

Judging the hardness or softness of eibach springs can be tricky. When I installed them 5 years ago, my car was hard to begin with. Probably due to the old control arms bushings. So, when I did the swap I noticed that the suspension got a little harder. However, recently, I replaced my front lca and noticed that the front end now runs smoother than before. The rear end is still hard, in fact very hard, but judging from the front end I would say the eibach springs are a good choice because they do not compromise comfort too much. I have the springs coupled with tokico blues, though I would go with the adjustable white ones if I ever have to replace them. Hope that helped.
Old 07-06-05, 08:41 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by buuzy
I just got my Espelir springs install. I think these drop my car more than an inch. Where can I get the camber kit?
from diazen, contact Tm enginneering or lexus-parts.com
Old 07-06-05, 02:06 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by buuzy
You can get one by... Creating your own thread about a Camber Kit questions !