Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Doing full bushing swap with daisen what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-05, 01:23 AM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
That is not true and it's why I told him to search, so he can get ALL the info. I have the Daizen bushings installed in my car and my car rides nice, smooth, and soft. This car is my daily driver and I wouldn't compromise the suspension to save a few bucks. The only reason you'd have a rougher ride is if you us Daizens in the UPPER CONTROL ARMS, not the lowers. Using the DST bushings on the front lower control arms does nothing to compromise ride integrity. Nothing at all. I believe I've throughly beaten this bushing topic to death, which again, is why he should search and read the threads.

In fact Daizan's OWN enclosed literature f that you get with the kit states, that your ride comfort will be adversly affected by installing the upper bushings. And they advise you to ONLY use the uppers to obtain a sporty and very stiff ride. So they do warn you.
I too have the front Daizan LCA bushings installed on my SC300 . And Im lowered 2.2 in in the front. But my ride is very nice. Not harsh but moderately firm, wich is what i was after with my suspension choice. And my handling is 10 times bette.r
Old 07-24-05, 01:56 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400T
Ok, I have heard from others that the installation of the Daizen Uppers ride harsh as well, even the camber kits...But, I haven't heard that the negative camber can be adjusted out that much when the SC is lowered that much. Can you get the info from your technician, as to what he did? Any chance on a copy of the specs on the alignment he did for you?

Ryan
I’m interested in this too. I’m sure if you posted this it would help many members.
Old 07-24-05, 02:17 AM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Daizen bushings

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
That is not true and it's why I told him to search, so he can get ALL the info. I have the Daizen bushings installed in my car and my car rides nice, smooth, and soft. This car is my daily driver and I wouldn't compromise the suspension to save a few bucks. The only reason you'd have a rougher ride is if you us Daizens in the UPPER CONTROL ARMS, not the lowers. Using the DST bushings on the front lower control arms does nothing to compromise ride integrity. Nothing at all. I believe I've throughly beaten this bushing topic to death, which again, is why he should search and read the threads.
First, I'm not a kiss-*** for anyone's products because I have no business in them. But in the case of Daizen's bushings, I totally agree with you about the Daizens. They greatly improved my handling for tight head-to-head cut-off, cornering, lane changing at high speed, let's say at 120 mph or even more. All the vibrations were gone including the audible "clunk" over bump. In general, the handling performance has come to my dream. I've had chances to drive a Viper, new BMW 3 series, 350 Z, a coupe Jaguar, a new Corvette, and a few fully custom suspensions on Hondas because my friend is a car dealer. But man, the Daizens were really good comparing to those. I was really disappointed in my SC's handling after I bought it because of its softness, which made me almost lose my control in several tight head cut-offs. But after replacing the front's upper and lower bushings from Daizen, I'm now satisfied.

Second, there's one thing that I'm a little disappointed in the Daizens. It's because I experience a noise such as the "rusted door being opened" from the front when my car goes to a stop. I don't know whether because the bushings are new and need to break-in or anything else. If you or anyone have this problem, please discuss it with me so that I can improve it. I greased as per manufacturer's instruction.

With all due respect to whoever likes the original handling of the Lexus, this is not it. Certainly the car will not be so soft over the bumps or any concrete barriers on the street. However, it's still very acceptable overall. In addition, besides the handling, you will appreciate it when your car goes over dips...as a trade over bumps. Remember, it's more firm so nose diving is eliminated. But if you want to improve it to be a true sports car for daily driving, then this is it. Nobody can beat the full front's upper & lower bushings with this kind of performance for $99.

I'm using Tanabe springs which stated 1" front lowered and .4" rear lowered. However, I cut 1/2 front coil to make it even with the rear. I'm also using blue Tokico shocks. I have no alignment problem and with this set up, I'm really happy.
Old 07-24-05, 12:05 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah sorry guys, I remember I was surprised when he said he brought everything back to factory specs and asked for a print out. He even showed me the whole process and he definately fixed the negative camber. He didn't have a printer with him but I remember him using Hunter machine to align my car. I had a few friends with me watching him do it and they were all surprised that I didn't need to get a camber kit because they all needed it since they also lowered their cars.