Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Doing full bushing swap with daisen what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 03:49 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Doing full bushing swap with daisen what do i need?

Ok i want to replace the front upper and lower and the rear upper and lower if possible. If i get daizen bushings from TM what part numbers do i need to accomplish this? I figure ill cover all my bases since i have creeking clunking and odd sounds with 90k miles. Also replacing motor mounts....
Old 07-21-05, 04:17 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously, try "search"...all the info you need is there
Old 07-21-05, 04:23 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't get the daizens. They are too rough! Go with the vlamos bushings. I have the daizens. They seriously turn your ride into garbage.
Old 07-21-05, 04:30 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

That is not true and it's why I told him to search, so he can get ALL the info. I have the Daizen bushings installed in my car and my car rides nice, smooth, and soft. This car is my daily driver and I wouldn't compromise the suspension to save a few bucks. The only reason you'd have a rougher ride is if you us Daizens in the UPPER CONTROL ARMS, not the lowers. Using the DST bushings on the front lower control arms does nothing to compromise ride integrity. Nothing at all. I believe I've throughly beaten this bushing topic to death, which again, is why he should search and read the threads.
Old 07-21-05, 04:37 PM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Tis true...Daziens in the upper control arms bushings will roughen up the ride.
Old 07-21-05, 05:13 PM
audi2nr
Lexus Test Driver

true true.... i got the lowers on my sc, and the ride is the same accept for better steering feel.
Old 07-21-05, 05:58 PM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have researched im just wondering exzactly what the difference in part numbers is because they have 2 part number for the front....
Old 07-22-05, 12:34 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by twizted
I have researched im just wondering exzactly what the difference in part numbers is because they have 2 part number for the front....
If you're buying your bushings from TMEngineering then just go to Todd's site (TMEngineering.net) and search under "suspension" and look for the Daizen bushings for your year and model vehicle. All the info you need will be there and there will be no confusion. If you STILL can't find what you need after that then post in this thread and I'll try to help you out with more info

mrshabo, maybe your bushings weren't installed correctly because the ride shouldn't change at all for the worse by installing the lower bushings, it should only get better. Who did the install?
Old 07-23-05, 09:30 AM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

Here is some info on OEM Bushings:

The 4 Front Lower Control Arm (LCA) bushings for the 1998 Lexus SC300 go for $30.00ea for the front and $39.07 each for the rear, and you need 4 bushings total to do the front lower control arms, 2 for each arm..a front bush and a rear bush on each side. They do appear to work on Pre-98 models as well. These are special order items and usually take 1 extra day to get in.
Info on bushings: Bushings are made for `98 and up SC there are two different bushings front and rear, with different numbers:

Front: 48654-24040

Rear: 48655-24050
Old 07-23-05, 09:57 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mikeloc: Here is the real issue, as I see it...when we drop our rides more than 1 inch, the additional negative camber is impossible to adjust out, especially in the rears, so we get excessive tire wear on the inside edge of the tires...The only fix for this that I know of is the Daizen Camber correction kit, which is a replacement bushing for the upper control arms in the front and the rear. I believe that will affect the ride quality of the SC, and make it rougher...Has anybody found anything else to do to correct this problem???

Thanks,

Ryan

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
That is not true and it's why I told him to search, so he can get ALL the info. I have the Daizen bushings installed in my car and my car rides nice, smooth, and soft. This car is my daily driver and I wouldn't compromise the suspension to save a few bucks. The only reason you'd have a rougher ride is if you us Daizens in the UPPER CONTROL ARMS, not the lowers. Using the DST bushings on the front lower control arms does nothing to compromise ride integrity. Nothing at all. I believe I've throughly beaten this bushing topic to death, which again, is why he should search and read the threads.
Old 07-23-05, 10:48 AM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

a daizen control arm kit will make the ride harsh, but will it be better than vlamos in terms of performance?
Old 07-23-05, 11:46 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by workaholic
a daizen control arm kit will make the ride harsh, but will it be better than vlamos in terms of performance?
The Vlamos bushings are superb...I installed them on the lower arms, and it made a huge difference...Vlamos also makes them with a 15% stiffer rubber compound for those that want a higher performance ride...

Ryan
Old 07-23-05, 10:51 PM
mrshabo
Lexus Test Driver

Mikeloc, I've changed everything, upper and lower with daizens. I thought that's what the thread starter was planning on doing too since he mentioned full swap. Maybe it's because you live in la and I live in nyc which cause the difference in opinon. My bushings were installed correctly for sure, Maybe because I have the tein ss any you might have a softer setup? Maybe the tein cs? The vlamos bushings are definately better in my opinon, I rode in a friends sc that has them and his ride is so much nicer than mine. He also has the tein ss coilovers on his car. Oh did I mention squeeks from the bushings? I've only had them for a few months and they are starting to squeek over big bumps.

To respond on the comment about ride preformance, they made a dramatic change in how the car handles. Handling increased a lot, it's a lot more responsive compared to before.

Also, I don't know what's up but I've seen a lot of you guys mentioning how the camber can't be fixed without a camber kit. My car is dropped around 2- 2.25 inches on 19's and I have no camber issues. My alignment guy was able to bring everything back into spec with absolutely no problems. I had a camber kit but I sold it to a forum member since I had no use for them.

p.s With my tein ss coilovers and daizen bushings set of the softest setting, when i go over pavement which has been redone on the highway (not destroyed, but completely fixed but with different compound i.e Concrete/Asphault sp? connecting to each other). My car feels like it hops over the bumps going at 60 mph. Hops.... no flex or absorbtion at all. Is a little handling improvement worth this type of extremely harsh ride? imo, definately not. Just set your coilovers to be a little stiffer if you want increased preformance. I'm already on the softest so I have no choice but to suck it up. This was the worst mod I have done to date. Oh the other hand, if you live in a area with perfect roads like florida then go ahead and drop these in
Old 07-24-05, 12:17 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrshabo
Also, I don't know what's up but I've seen a lot of you guys mentioning how the camber can't be fixed without a camber kit. My car is dropped around 2- 2.25 inches on 19's and I have no camber issues. My alignment guy was able to bring everything back into spec with absolutely no problems. I had a camber kit but I sold it to a forum member since I had no use for them.

Ok, I have heard from others that the installation of the Daizen Uppers ride harsh as well, even the camber kits...But, I haven't heard that the negative camber can be adjusted out that much when the SC is lowered that much. Can you get the info from your technician, as to what he did? Any chance on a copy of the specs on the alignment he did for you?

Ryan
Old 07-24-05, 12:48 AM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

Damn, Nobody really mentioned in threads before that the uppers harshened up the ride. I just replaced mine because I figured since I had everything taken apart I might as well and if I have new bushings for the upper ones it will help. Oh well the rides not too bad and I noticed my handling has improved a lot.

Anybody want to trade upper control arms???

Quick Reply: Doing full bushing swap with daisen what do i need?