Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my new BIG BIG brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 11:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jmjs23
Ed, the new brakes look sick bro! Congrats on the awesome upgrade!!

thanks man appreciate the comments , do you like the red against the black paint
Old 07-23-05, 11:29 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ed,

Looks great, congrats on the 6 pots! Really fills out the wheel 'well.'
Old 07-23-05, 11:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks rally good ED I can't wait to see these in person tomorrow... You were right it does look like another rim behind your SSR's.....Looks good man
Old 07-23-05, 11:51 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So you finally did it. Congrats. Yeah, those Rotora 6-pistons are one of the larger calipers out there. Good to see that the SSRs clear them. Now you also feel what we were talking about when we said the car is more nimble with these lighter BBK setups.

Looks great Ed.
Old 07-23-05, 11:58 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job looks good
Old 07-23-05, 01:01 PM
GS wanted
Lexus Champion

S-w-e-e-t looking setup Ed. You talked it down a bit saying it was only for looks (but damn it "looks" hot...ha ha ha.) Definitely compliments the sportiness of your ride. Congrats on the setup and thanks for helping me along with my brake questions.
jd
Old 07-23-05, 01:06 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks man appreciate the comments , do you like the red against the black paint
Most definitely..that red against the black paint just screams BIG BRAKES!!!
Old 07-23-05, 01:15 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thanks chris , there is a definite diff in the way the car behaves , accels much faster with less effort , the steering wheel while doing a turn is firm and tight but much much lighter sensation and it just feels much more tossable

thanks jd , always happy to help another member , you will love when you add the rears from alex , piece of advice get the new axis pads from rotora or steve its the ultimate plus version just released for the ls430 rears , they bite hard

tony better bring your saftey harness if you plan to drive with me tomm these things will throw you through the windshield , see ya tomm bro

thanks terry , too bad you could not make a trip down to my house with tony tomm am for a hour or so , but thanks for the comps (remember bro atlanta nopi we want you to come )

thanks lexus kid
Old 07-23-05, 02:50 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats Ed, brakes look real good, I always said if you want your BB to be noticed on black go with the red, enjoy!
Old 07-23-05, 03:03 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ed the brakes look good !! and you'll love the toyo proxis t1's together awesome traction/stopping power
Old 07-23-05, 03:32 PM
WeDsMaN
Driver

dude those brakes kick some serious a-ola!!!~ damn I wish I could get the brake kit right now but everything else set me back for a minute. ONE QUESTION FOR EVERYONE WHO HAS ROTORA BRAKE KIT BESIDES LEX4LIFE, HOW LONG WILL THE ROTORS LAST B/C I HAD A BREMBO STRAIGHT CROSS DRILLED GRAN TURISMO KIT AND THE ROTORS WOULD ALWAYS WARP AFTER 2000 MILES NOT DUE TO HARD BRAKING BUT NORMAL STREET DRIVING? it would suck if the rotora's are the same b/c the rotors were extremely high for replacements for the brembo kits.
Old 07-23-05, 04:59 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I would hope the rotors on any BBK would last more than 2k miles. Maybe there was a problem with the rotors? How many rotors did you go through?
Old 07-23-05, 05:59 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Indio
Congrats Ed, brakes look real good, I always said if you want your BB to be noticed on black go with the red, enjoy!

big eric , thanks bro for the props , you know from last year and before how many we have talked about me doing something in red , btw great talking with you the other day , hurry up and head south bro , i got fat one for ya
Old 07-23-05, 06:05 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
ed the brakes look good !! and you'll love the toyo proxis t1's together awesome traction/stopping power

thanks shawn , i have been reading great things about these tires in different european forums they are raving about them so the price was right and they had my 285/30/19 for the rear so , its party time

wedsman , thanks bro , about the rotors warping , in a 2 piece design its designed to prevent that from happening unless the wheels were way over tightened. they expand and contract independant of each other unless you are doing severe track duty

i know of some serious street racers running 600-800hp machines using big brake kits and never had a warping situation ever , but hey never say never , these damm brakes are so strong i have to relearn how to drive my car now to prevent someone from running in the back of me
Old 07-23-05, 06:16 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexforlife
these damm brakes are so strong i have to relearn how to drive my car now to prevent someone from running in the back of me

LMAO... Adrian and I both had a discussion regarding this when Adrian got his 4 wheel setup. You really have to be careful now in rush our traffic and highway situations. The car will stop so damn fast that cars behind you won't have a chance in hell if you hit the brakes.

You need to get a bumper sticker that says " My brakes are 3 times bigger than yours so BACK OFF BIACHHHHH....."

Quick Reply: my new BIG BIG brake setup