Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my new BIG BIG brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-05, 06:31 PM
Ex996
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your camera lens is smudged. Could be a really cheap upgrade to clean it.

Old 07-23-05, 06:36 PM
Indio
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
LMAO... Adrian and I both had a discussion regarding this when Adrian got his 4 wheel setup. You really have to be careful now in rush our traffic and highway situations. The car will stop so damn fast that cars behind you won't have a chance in hell if you hit the brakes.

You need to get a bumper sticker that says " My brakes are 3 times bigger than yours so BACK OFF BIACHHHHH....."
Ken, just the opposite is true when dropping your car off for service, I jumped in a 2005 ES and the pedal was so soft I nearly rearended someone after turning out of the dealership.
Old 07-23-05, 09:00 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to the Rotora family !

Brakes and car look awsome. I didn't think i would like the red calipers , but they are hot. With the BBK, passengers must wear seatbelts unless they want to fly through the windshield,lol.

I have had my BBK for close to 15,000 miles now. No warping what-so-ever. I just need to check my brake pads, but i think they are fine.

Ed, get used to cleaning those rims. Only negative i have is the brake dust. But my wheels are gunmetal, so i can be lazy. Glad everything worked out great.
Old 07-23-05, 09:06 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
LMAO... Adrian and I both had a discussion regarding this when Adrian got his 4 wheel setup. You really have to be careful now in rush our traffic and highway situations. The car will stop so damn fast that cars behind you won't have a chance in hell if you hit the brakes.

You need to get a bumper sticker that says " My brakes are 3 times bigger than yours so BACK OFF BIACHHHHH....."
LMAO thanks ken give me something to look forward to
Old 07-23-05, 09:33 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 1niceride
Welcome to the Rotora family !

Brakes and car look awsome. I didn't think i would like the red calipers , but they are hot. With the BBK, passengers must wear seatbelts unless they want to fly through the windshield,lol.

I have had my BBK for close to 15,000 miles now. No warping what-so-ever. I just need to check my brake pads, but i think they are fine.

Ed, get used to cleaning those rims. Only negative i have is the brake dust. But my wheels are gunmetal, so i can be lazy. Glad everything worked out great.

thanks bro for the comps

again thanks for your help and support while waiting for these to arrive , you are so right about the windshield thing , i am really thinking of just saying the hell with it a get the rears now , i even emailed rotora already about the order , not that the ls430 dont work in fact they seem to work very well just for the looks , now i gotta see if the rears will clear for my rear ssr is 19x10 +41 med disk but i understand the rear 4pot is not that big at all

hey anyone want a great ls430 rear brake upgrade with brand new rotora crossdrilled and slotted ecoated rotors with new axisis ultimateplus pads

thanks again bro and thanks for the warm welcome to the rotora family
Old 07-24-05, 05:22 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

WOW.. That looks hot..
Old 07-24-05, 06:22 AM
LS4fun
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking good man! Keep up the good work.
Old 07-24-05, 11:33 AM
WeDsMaN
Driver

I went through three sets of brembo rotors for my gran turismo kit and each rotor was 375$! They only send you the outer piece of the "2-piece" rotor too. I have heard that straight cross drilled is for track use only and they usually chunk the rotors after one or two races. This is why I think these would warp so easily because believe me 6 piston brake setup is very strong and there is not much metal left after they drill all of those holes in the rotor surface. I think the kit I bought was more for track use for this very reason. I like the rotora kit in that the whole surface of their rotor isn't drilled away. Half slotted and half drilled leaves enough material in there for street driving. If members are going 15K miles on one set of rotors that has to be it.
Old 07-24-05, 12:57 PM
DjFergi
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet

I love it. Lookin very nice.

-Fernando
Old 07-25-05, 12:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

sorry for the late congrats ed but your car looks good. guess the new brakes are doing a good job so far huh, that's nice. good to hear. and 3mm clearance, that's very tight but i am glad that it works out. 3mm is pretty much what you need anyway. 2mm is like the minimal so you are fine.

again sorry i couldn't reply your pm earlier
Old 07-25-05, 04:56 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

I like the RED!
Old 07-25-05, 06:39 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
sorry for the late congrats ed but your car looks good. guess the new brakes are doing a good job so far huh, that's nice. good to hear. and 3mm clearance, that's very tight but i am glad that it works out. 3mm is pretty much what you need anyway. 2mm is like the minimal so you are fine.

again sorry i couldn't reply your pm earlier
thanks henry

good job is not the word , they stop not on the dime but------- clearance was about what i had with the supratt , i believe these are about equal in size to the tt or maybe 1/16-1/8 in larger if that
Old 07-25-05, 06:41 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CinFulxGS4

I like the RED!
thanks john , i have always thought red on black or red on a silver car speaks of pure sports and aggression.. thanks again bro

dont forget (atlanta nopi, atlanta nopi) we would really like if you could join us heck from where you are its no more than a 5hr drive and you could meet us right on I75
Old 07-25-05, 07:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Congrats Ed! Looks very good and I am sure the stopping power is just awesome!!

Originally Posted by Neo
So you finally did it. Congrats. Yeah, those Rotora 6-pistons are one of the larger calipers out there. Good to see that the SSRs clear them. Now you also feel what we were talking about when we said the car is more nimble with these lighter BBK setups.

Looks great Ed.
Yes, the exact same thought crossed my mind!

When I upgraded mine to the StopTechs last year, the weight difference between the calipers is about 50% less in weight compared to the stock calipers!
Old 07-25-05, 07:07 AM
Lexis11
Lexus Champion

Ed, sorry for the late entrance into this thread but they look awesome bro. The red against the black car just goes so well.

It is so funny, when i got mine I noticed so many people staring at the wheels when i drive, I was like wow they really like my wheels then my girls was like you idiot they are staring at those massive brakes hehe

Anywho, welcome to the Rotora club, they are very nice brakes and you will surley enjoy them.

Quick Reply: my new BIG BIG brake setup