Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

my new BIG BIG brake setup

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05 | 07:11 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexis11
Ed, sorry for the late entrance into this thread but they look awesome bro. The red against the black car just goes so well.

It is so funny, when i got mine I noticed so many people staring at the wheels when i drive, I was like wow they really like my wheels then my girls was like you idiot they are staring at those massive brakes hehe

Anywho, welcome to the Rotora club, they are very nice brakes and you will surley enjoy them.
thanks jeff for the kind words and the warm welcome to the rotora family

they are really massive and stopping power you were right , it can and will eject you through the windshield and i am not kidding

again thanks bro
Old 07-25-05 | 07:15 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hameed
Congrats Ed! Looks very good and I am sure the stopping power is just awesome!!

Yes, the exact same thought crossed my mind!

When I upgraded mine to the StopTechs last year, the weight difference between the calipers is about 50% less in weight compared to the stock calipers!
thanks hameed

yeah i gave in to the pressure , i have always wanted a true bbk but had a hard time justifying the cost , the supra tt setup is really great but for better overall perf and lighter rotaional weight and unsprung weight stoptech,rotora ap racing endless and your brembos are the way to go not to mention they are so eye catching on the street as well as at meets
Old 07-25-05 | 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks henry

good job is not the word , they stop not on the dime but------- clearance was about what i had with the supratt , i believe these are about equal in size to the tt or maybe 1/16-1/8 in larger if that
actually i would think the rotora might be of the same size or maybe a bit smaller. think about it, the rotora kits is 14" and the supra is 12.7". that's a good 1.3" difference in diameter, so over 1/2" radius. if you look at your wheels, the spokes curve out, but then they start to curve back in. with larger rotors and calipers setup, you will have "less clearance" since the spokes start to curve in.

but the most important thing is that they are working great now
Old 07-25-05 | 04:12 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Yeah looks great Bro!!

I'm glad it all worked out, I knew it would

Seat them in and they should last a long time, mine are still going strong though I dont drive it as much, now you have to get used to the brake feel again
Old 07-25-05 | 07:47 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SUPRATRD
Yeah looks great Bro!!

I'm glad it all worked out, I knew it would

Seat them in and they should last a long time, mine are still going strong though I dont drive it as much, now you have to get used to the brake feel again

you da man steve , you made this happen for me so a big thank you as always bro
Old 07-26-05 | 07:07 AM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Always a pleasure Ed
Old 07-26-05 | 08:07 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Default ...

Nice lookin' set-up
Old 07-26-05 | 09:58 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Good lawd, that is sweeeeet.

Great choice man. Those are BIG BIG brakes.

Enjoy.

Maybe some day...but no time soon. I know those puppies weren't cheap.

And since I am no hot rod demon, they will really be mostly for looks for me.

Wish I could get a test drive tho, feel all that stopping power. You on the East, Ed? Comin' to East Coast Meet?
Old 07-27-05 | 05:09 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Good lawd, that is sweeeeet.

Great choice man. Those are BIG BIG brakes.

Enjoy.

Maybe some day...but no time soon. I know those puppies weren't cheap.

And since I am no hot rod demon, they will really be mostly for looks for me.

Wish I could get a test drive tho, feel all that stopping power. You on the East, Ed? Comin' to East Coast Meet?

thanks bro for the comps , yeah they are bigger in person , its funny how people at the light eyes pop when they look at the front brakes , in fact some ricers who usually want to try and test the v8 see the brakes and say hmmmm i wonder if hes got boost or something

as far as the meet , no none of us from south florida are going , just too far to drive and we got nopi atlanta to do in september , thats a 8hr drive in itself
Old 07-27-05 | 05:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Seize
Nice lookin' set-up

thanks bro appreciate the kind words
Old 07-27-05 | 07:06 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lexforlife
thanks bro for the comps , yeah they are bigger in person , its funny how people at the light eyes pop when they look at the front brakes , in fact some ricers who usually want to try and test the v8 see the brakes and say hmmmm i wonder if hes got boost or something

as far as the meet , no none of us from south florida are going , just too far to drive and we got nopi atlanta to do in september , thats a 8hr drive in itself
Oh, hey, yeah...I understand. South Florida to Maryland is a haul. 20+ hours I am sure. That would be a whole lot of driving for a 2-day event.

Sucks we'll miss you. Maybe next year's East Coast Meet will be closer to you.

Anyway, enjoy the brakes. When I'm ready for my BIG BIG brakes, I'll hit you up for some info.
Old 07-27-05 | 11:13 AM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

ed,

as always, your car is looking better and better..can't wait for the full write up after the brakes get seated in.
Old 07-27-05 | 06:26 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by corkycal
ed,

as always, your car is looking better and better..can't wait for the full write up after the brakes get seated in.

thanks calvin , i am thinking of swapping my tte front end to the vertex front bumper

do you guys think the vertex will line up with the ltuned sides
Old 07-27-05 | 06:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Looks awesome, Ed Waiting for the writeup / comparo myself too

Wish you could get yourself one of those hemorroid donuts, pop it on your new leatherseats covers and make the drive up to MD so I could see 'em myself Nopi isn't soon enough.

Hameed made a drive like that down from Canada for the Dragon one year, with his wife and two little kids in the back. You aren't going to let him show you up are you?
Old 07-27-05 | 06:42 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Looks awesome, Ed Waiting for the writeup / comparo myself too

Wish you could get yourself one of those hemorroid donuts, pop it on your new leatherseats covers and make the drive up to MD so I could see 'em myself Nopi isn't soon enough.

Hameed made a drive like that down from Canada for the Dragon one year, with his wife and two little kids in the back. You aren't going to let him show you up are you?
thanks for the invite dave but i am just getting too old for such a hike and then turnaround 3 weeks later and do 10hrs to atl

hopefully the next one will be alittle more southern friendly

i will def have a beer with you in atlanta in sept bro and thanks for the compliments , really appreciate it

Quick Reply: my new BIG BIG brake setup