Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

So my air ride is done

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-08, 02:41 PM
lfrers
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ummagawd
kirby..... no problem..... i'll give a better "show" when i learn how to use my controls better hahaha (thanks again for hosting that meet last sat)

1700 got me:

4 custom bags
4 dual position, single manifold air valves
2 viair 380 compressors
1 - 4 gallon pancake style air tank
2 - dual needle air gauges
1 - 180PSI pressure switch
2 - relay kits
4 - universal mounting plates

+ the cost of my HKS hipermaxes

I did all the work myself, and a friend of mine did the custom welding to make the mounting plates. This setup required no hacking, welding, or anything permanent to my car or the coilovers.

The hoses and fittings I got through my work, I made my own lines and fittings.... the same fittings used in the industrial waste industry (hydraulic stuff)... made out of stainless steel and can withstand 3000+ PSI of pressure.

No plans to make a "kit" as of now

and with the way it handles (performance-wise) still less than going canover
Old Thread revival. Dude where is the best place to get the parts. I'm going to go with a Jic body kit any day now and I wanna get on air ride. I can't get my sled out of the driveway with out bottoming out as it is. It'll be worse after the kit.
Old 12-04-08, 12:31 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ummagawd
SOme of you may remember the thread from a while back about air suspension on our cars...

Since then I've decided to custom my own setup following the guidelines and goals that were outlined in that particular thread.

3 months of research, sourcing parts, and putting together a system... my susp is finally done.

The best part? IT DOES EVERYTHING I WANT IT TO!

I can achieve stock ride height at a touch of a button.

I honestly think the car handles better than it did on HKS hipermaxes (the ones made for the JZ chassis was a bit on the soft side)

I've got complete adjustability. Ride height (obviously), but on top of that... I decide my max drop (air all out), dampening, and overall stiffness.

I use the air PSI to determine how stiff/soft i want it.... and then fine tune with the dampening adjustibility. Then finally adjust at what ride height I want this particular setup to ride at.

I've been on it for 2 weeks now and still can't believe how it handles. I honestly thought it would ride like *****... (typical of bagged trucks and what not)... but the complete opposite.

So what did I do?

Wait for the pics and video I want to borrow my friends camcorder and get some footage.

where in cali are you located?? mabbe i can call on you for some of ur expertise

im just waiting on my coilovers to complete my kit...

then!
Old 12-04-08, 06:23 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lfrers
Old Thread revival. Dude where is the best place to get the parts. I'm going to go with a Jic body kit any day now and I wanna get on air ride. I can't get my sled out of the driveway with out bottoming out as it is. It'll be worse after the kit.
Emerald offers one of the best kits out there using UAS bags. And for the price you just cant beat it anywhere else. I want to pick up a system from her for my SC sometime soon.

www.bippucouture.com
Old 12-04-08, 08:41 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that is awesome! i cant wait to go on air. one of the best mods you can do i think haha.

looks good and super clean sc!
Old 12-06-08, 12:11 AM
Brettimus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sc is awesome! All my buddies around here build mini trucks always cutting and body dropping and what not! I have to show them this thread haha