Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra TT spring issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-05, 10:23 PM
97Soarer
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tokico illumina
Old 10-20-05, 08:27 AM
Quick VR-4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an MKIV TT suspension that I was going to install this weekend. I was definitely going to install the front first and drive to let settle. If it has a nice rake from back to front, then I was going to keep the factory SC rears. Looks like I will not have to even test it because I definitely do not want the front sitting higher than rear. If you are looking for a quick fix until you figure out what you want to do, you can always get some spring braces from autozone for a few bucks. It is a ghetto fix, but may be worth it short term. Looks like a large screw that wedges in between the coils to give a little more height. Overall effect will probably be less than an inch. Good luck.
Old 10-20-05, 08:29 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the rake, im keeping it
Old 10-20-05, 10:39 AM
jdmtruong
Lead Lap

how are the intrax btw? on fleabay there r these tein h-tech...gold ones...those any good?
Old 10-20-05, 10:46 AM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jdmtruong
how are the intrax btw? on fleabay there r these tein h-tech...gold ones...those any good?
The intrax are stuff, i think some of the stiffest on the market. They are lowww tho and the car would need a camber kit, but i like the drift look. I got em used, and very happy with the quality. I had new eibachs on another car a few years ago, junk. The car drove and handled like a boat, i hate progressive springs.
Old 10-20-05, 02:22 PM
nasc300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VJ RC51
The intrax are stuff, i think some of the stiffest on the market. They are lowww tho and the car would need a camber kit, but i like the drift look. I got em used, and very happy with the quality. I had new eibachs on another car a few years ago, junk. The car drove and handled like a boat, i hate progressive springs.
Agreed. Progressive springs are a no no.
I had interx on my supra and now on my SC. Yes they are low, but ride decent and no cluking noises like the eibach progressive springs.
But you know how people think, as soon as you ask about intrax springs many will start bad talking them even if they have't even used them. Intrax in trash Cheap junk Get super expensive jdm stuff , blah blah blah
Old 10-20-05, 02:35 PM
VJ RC51
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by nasc300
Cheap junk Get super expensive jdm stuff , blah blah blah
You have no idea how much i hear that with my SC because i do not order uber expensive jdm name brand parts. I got my metal upper rad hose for $10 at the local muffler shop, and cut the factory 2jzge upper hose to use for connectors. I powdercoated it chome and there u go... Ill probably get flamed for it cause its made from a mufflershop and not an uber expensive jdm company.
Old 10-20-05, 03:08 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmtruong
i just put in supra tt stock suspension last week (shocks and springs) and they sit perfectly. the front looks like it does sit a SLIIIIIIIIIIGHTTT higher because the fender well is arched more than the back. try looking at it very hard, u will see it. i like the sus. tho. it is stiff, but would like to go a little lower.
If you really want the front and the rear to have the same height, here's a sacrificing tip: cut from 1/4 to 0.5 coil of the front. Cut 1/4 coil first, and if it's still high, then 0.5 coil for the total cut. You shouldn't go any lower. I've cut mine for 0.5" on the front and it just sits perfectly. I don't feel any more bouncier than before un-cut. I guess that the front is too heavy to have any bouncing. Also, half coil might still be in the handling of the Tokico shocks. I'm using Tanabe/Tokico components for the SC300 although my car is a SC400.