Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

leaning on rear drivers side help

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-05, 06:16 PM
Vitamin-SC
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default leaning on rear drivers side help

his probably has come up but i couldn't find any info, Soo here goes: My 95 sc 400 seems to be leaning in the rear about an 1.5"-2" on the drivers side i was wondering if any others have had this problem and what were there findings I wanted to ask before i took it to my local alignment/ frame suspension shop need some inside info so i wont get shafted my some replacent mechanic that just replace parts until they get it right any help or insight is greatly appreciated
greg
Old 08-22-05, 05:26 PM
CantSeeMe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vitamin-SC
his probably has come up but i couldn't find any info, Soo here goes: My 95 sc 400 seems to be leaning in the rear about an 1.5"-2" on the drivers side i was wondering if any others have had this problem and what were there findings I wanted to ask before i took it to my local alignment/ frame suspension shop need some inside info so i wont get shafted my some replacent mechanic that just replace parts until they get it right any help or insight is greatly appreciated
greg
What kind of setup are you running? Did you recently have any changes to your suspension? Was this a sudden drop?
Old 08-30-05, 03:38 PM
Vitamin-SC
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default stock set

haven't done anything everything tock as far as suspension didnt really notice until I changed rims 18x8 front 18x9 rear 275 35 198 in rear no other changes I was thinking bad shock or spring but not sure
Old 08-31-05, 06:23 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm leaning toward a blown shock.
Old 08-31-05, 11:09 AM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

i seem to be having this problem, but i think its common after Eibach springs are installed
Old 09-01-05, 09:03 AM
RaynArt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems to be. for me i think its the eibachs that did it, my passenger side is a tad higher than the driver but i'll eventually just buy some new springs cause i am satisfied with the kyb's.

anyways for this case it sounds more like a blown shock if its specifically one corner of the car.
Old 09-01-05, 01:26 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i'm having a similar problem. my whole drivers side is lower by well over an inch. actually, it seems like it's not just that the drivers side is lower. it appears to me that the passenger side has raised up a tiny bit. i just noticed it recently. i compared with some older pictures of my car and it didn't used to be like this.

i'm planning on taking out the spring/shock assembly parts next week. i'm hoping it's just a blown shock. i'll update with info when i figure out the problem. unless someone else knows what the issue is?

Last edited by howiedoit; 09-01-05 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-01-05, 01:34 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah ive spoken recently to many suspension shops. they recommend switchin out to a kyb or tokico(or aftermarket struts) they can handle not being fully extended during normal driving. the stock struts seem to have a bad habit of giving up when lowering shocks are installed. :-\ it sucks but gives you a great excuse to increase your handling response......its just gonna cost you another 3 or $400 most likely.
Old 09-01-05, 01:37 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
yeah ive spoken recently to many suspension shops. they recommend switchin out to a kyb or tokico(or aftermarket struts) they can handle not being fully extended during normal driving. the stock struts seem to have a bad habit of giving up when lowering shocks are installed. :-\ it sucks but gives you a great excuse to increase your handling response......its just gonna cost you another 3 or $400 most likely.

But he's running stock suspension.
Old 09-01-05, 03:40 PM
3rdelement
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry i must have misread. i saw Eibach springs there somewhere. if you have lowering springs the strut is dead because of the fact it wasnt made to ride nonextended for long periods of time..

if you are running stock....i agree the strut is blown. but also check your springs.
i have this problem on my back wheels and its because my struts and springs are worn out.
Old 09-10-05, 11:23 PM
Jimbo2828
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 3rdelement
BlaznSC4 he had the car lower with eibachs and tokico blues the passenger side was still lower then the driver side. it wasnt blown shock jsu could figure out what was the problem. so he jus went to autozone or something and brought some shock shackles and compress a few coils of the spring to balance it out.