Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-06, 11:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by BLiu
Yes, but I have other stuff that Todd needs to do to my car so I have not properly evaluated them...YET.

Brent
hahhaa, i thought you sold the car to todd already, i see it there all the time

but yeah, tell us how you feel once you drive the car more, we need more reviews
Old 01-10-06, 11:53 AM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've ordered my bushings as well. I'm in Staten Island,NY, so I'm probably gonna see about Toyota for the install...
Old 01-10-06, 06:00 PM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you do not wanna spend 1200 dollars on installing something that isnt worth a thenth of that
Old 01-11-06, 08:19 AM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Originally Posted by ARISTO 161
you do not wanna spend 1200 dollars on installing something that isnt worth a thenth of that

Are you referring to me? Would it be that much @ a toyota dealer?
Old 01-11-06, 08:39 AM
Delta
Driver School Candidate

Default Daizen bushings

I have had the bushings installed and I must say that the car drives like a new car. No more loose steering, alignment problems, and high speed instability. The car tracks truer, and I can let go of the wheel at 80 mph and it drives straight and sound. It also seems much more responsive and crisp. Very precise steering, which in turn boosts your confidence when changing lanes or high speed turns. I am very impressed. Yes , this was a big investment for me, but overall I am glad that I did it. My car already had 110k miles on it with original rubber bushings, so it needed this badly. I would highly recommend this to anyone with around 100k who is planning on keeping their GS. I plan on keeping my car for a while, so this was a no-brainer for me. It has made my car more pleasurable to drive, and in addition in boosts handling performance of your car. Yeah it cost me 1000 dollars for install, but I have already saved a ton of money on my car putting the other mods in myself. The only things I have had to pay for install was the torque converter and these daizen bushings, so all in all it's not really that bad. It's an investment in your car. Do it if you plan on keeping your car , or if you really want to improve the handling characteristics of your car.
Old 01-11-06, 11:27 AM
ARISTO 161
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

im glad your very happy with the bushings,
im sure i would be happy too if i got them installed.
did u get them from tm engineering?

oh about 1200 i was referring to a past post
Old 01-11-06, 12:06 PM
Delta
Driver School Candidate

nope got them from sewell lexus in dallas, tx for 100 bucks
Old 01-11-06, 08:21 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fourcaratz
Are you referring to me? Would it be that much @ a toyota dealer?

104th shop does it
contact Gazi
Old 01-12-06, 11:17 AM
Fourcaratz
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by sputniknyc
104th shop does it
contact Gazi

Hey sputnik, is that in the bay ridge area of brooklyn, or 104th in Manhattan? If so, is that the shop name? I'm trying to look it up in the yellow pages...let me know please...thanks!
Old 01-19-06, 11:20 AM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fourcaratz
Hey sputnik, is that in the bay ridge area of brooklyn, or 104th in Manhattan? If so, is that the shop name? I'm trying to look it up in the yellow pages...let me know please...thanks!

In queens,
Right off woodhaven blvd
Old 01-19-06, 11:22 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

104th st auto repair
87-01 104th st
richmond hill, ny
Old 01-19-06, 11:56 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 323 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
its not hard by a long shot.. the castor arms each took me 45 mins or so to swap out

the lower control arms alittle more time more like 1-2 hrs each

the most important thing to have is a secure way to hold the arm and a good air chisel and patience

i used the weight of my car to hold in place and used liquid wrench and used 150psi air chisel in short spurts

dont give up guys , daizen and todd put loads of time into this and they work well
So how much would you charge me to do this Ed? Seriously.

As you know I am the exact opposite of you in terms of DIY - I always break something whenever I try to do it myself.........
Old 01-22-06, 06:20 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got 120K on my car and this is my biggest beef. My 19's feel like they're going to rip the front suspension out and all I can do is picture myself sitting in something that looks like The Flintstonemobile....
I'm buying the $%#@$^% bushings and I'll worry about how they're going in later.
We really need some places on the east coast that can do this properly, shops that can be trusted completely.
I'll consider going to Brooklyn and spend a day to have Gazi do it if no one else will touch it.

BTW!! My Daizen sways have been periodically SQUEAKING and I've had to spray them with PTFE lube. I even used anti-seize compound on the rear. SO, does this mean that any new control arm bushings will eventually squeak like hell? I'm not sure I'm up for my car sounding like a musical instrument. The sways were bad enough, usually after east coast rains/snows and road salt.

Anybody have a problem with this yet???

Jerry
Old 01-22-06, 09:17 PM
BA_GS400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what did you put the anti-sieze on? I thought anti-sieze was only used on aluminum parts, not steel.
Old 01-23-06, 12:05 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
I've got 120K on my car and this is my biggest beef. My 19's feel like they're going to rip the front suspension out and all I can do is picture myself sitting in something that looks like The Flintstonemobile....
I'm buying the $%#@$^% bushings and I'll worry about how they're going in later.
We really need some places on the east coast that can do this properly, shops that can be trusted completely.
I'll consider going to Brooklyn and spend a day to have Gazi do it if no one else will touch it.

BTW!! My Daizen sways have been periodically SQUEAKING and I've had to spray them with PTFE lube. I even used anti-seize compound on the rear. SO, does this mean that any new control arm bushings will eventually squeak like hell? I'm not sure I'm up for my car sounding like a musical instrument. The sways were bad enough, usually after east coast rains/snows and road salt.

Anybody have a problem with this yet???

Jerry
don't use the spray, you need to take off teh sway bushings and relube them

i say that's probably not lubed right. mine has been fine for yrs

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)