Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 07:26 PM
xxWarderxx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered the bushing kit from TMEngineering and the lower ball joints for both sides from Carson.

My girlfriend's brother and I took apart the front suspension and shipped the caster arms and upper and lower control arms to my friend who works at a Ford dealership with access to a press.

He sent them back and we put it all back in.

Everything went very smoothly.

I took the car out for a test drive and it's no joke, you really need to get an alignment once this is done. I backed into a bush in the corner of my yard backing out of the driveway.

Smooth ride on the freeway, except there was a little vibration on the highway ~85 mph, but I believe this will be fixed once I get an alignment and new front tires.

I was very worried going into this install from all the feedback posted here, but it seemed overrated to me.

If you know someone with access to a press, don't be afraid to try this yourself!
Old 02-27-06, 07:35 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4
I just got mine installed last week at a shop in jamaica. They charged $350. My steering feels incredible. Gs tracks perfectly straight, no shacking at highway speeds and all the noises that use to come from my suspension are gone. By far the best thing I could have done. This shop is really good. They swapped out my engine for me a few months ago and have had absolutely no issues. If you want call the shop at (718) 850-5000.

Frank
So what's this shop called??? Got an address? I'd think about driving up there from South Jersey.

Did they have any complaints about having to get the old bushings out?
Old 02-27-06, 07:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

very nice, congrats to everyone getting this installed
Old 02-27-06, 08:04 PM
nicola
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GS4
Nicola,
My big brake kit never got installed because the rotors didnt sit well on the hub. I have had three issues with this brake kit so far. First I was missing bolts- couldnt do the install. Second the bolts they sent me for the two piece rotors were not long enough- second install opportunity is ruined. Now my rotors do not sit properly- Now i am returning the kit and getting my money back. Hopefully will have my brake kit in by next week and go back to his shop to do the install. How do you like the bushings? Which lex in the shop was yours?
The drive home from Queens felt awesome - still need an alignment but they kept it pretty straight. Things I noticed (I'll post again in a few days after I abuse them ):

-Car is much much much tighter, in a totally postivive way. Small bumps and road changes are felt but in a good way. Hard to explain but when you get these installed you know exactly what I mean. Its not really stiffer, just more 'solid'.
-Steering shake it 100% eliminated (biggest so far for me). Just got new L-tuned Superturismo rims and new tires, and it was reduced but still really annoying. The ride how was smooth as hell even on 278 which gets pretty bad.
-Noticing more creeks in the cabin because of the added stiffness. Only negative I can think of, but it all can be fixed with some anti-squeek felt I got from a generous service tech.

So yea, def. best $450 I've spent so far (install + kit).

Frank, sucks about the kit - they told me you had problems but I thought it was resolved. I actually went in today to get it installed (they asked if you sent me lol). They mentioned your L-tuned shocks were leaking - both my fronts would not return to default positions without a bench vice so we tossed them. I'm real pissed, as I got them 7 months ago and they're already ****.
Old 02-27-06, 08:09 PM
nicola
Driver

Originally Posted by engin_ear
So what's this shop called??? Got an address? I'd think about driving up there from South Jersey.

Did they have any complaints about having to get the old bushings out?
No complaints - totally cool guys. They know its a pain in the *** job, but they seemed competely eager to do this. Owners name is Gazy. Tell him Nick with the black GS4 sent you. Call them up:

104st. Auto Repair INC.
87-01 104 St.
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718) 850-5000
Old 02-27-06, 08:40 PM
GS4
Driver

engin_ear ,

I was going to give you the info but Nicola beat me to it. You wont regret getting the work done there. The guys there are very knowlegable and have now won me and a few of my friends over as a long term customers. Definitely call before you go just to make sure that they can start working on your car early morning. You definitely wiil not regrett it if you decide to do the install

Last edited by GS4; 02-27-06 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-28-06, 12:48 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by nicola
No complaints - totally cool guys. They know its a pain in the *** job, but they seemed competely eager to do this. Owners name is Gazy. Tell him Nick with the black GS4 sent you. Call them up:

104st. Auto Repair INC.
87-01 104 St.
Richmond Hill, NY 11418
(718) 850-5000
Thanks!!! I will definitely go there. It's less than 2 hours from me. This is great, since they will already have done the job before and have experience with it. Worth the trip just for that.

Is this the Gazi that posts here on CL as Aliga?
Old 02-28-06, 01:51 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Gazi is me, my brother is Gazy (my dads idea)
Old 02-28-06, 04:49 PM
GS4
Driver

Originally Posted by engin_ear
Thanks!!! I will definitely go there. It's less than 2 hours from me. This is great, since they will already have done the job before and have experience with it. Worth the trip just for that.

Is this the Gazi that posts here on CL as Aliga?

Oh I forgot to mention that its Aliga's brother. Since I last spoke to hime I think he had done a few more gs's. I'm sure he is getting it done quicker every time.

Frank
Old 02-28-06, 08:30 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by GS4
Oh I forgot to mention that its Aliga's brother. Since I last spoke to hime I think he had done a few more gs's. I'm sure he is getting it done quicker every time.

Frank
this is awesome Frank - thanks! I can't wait to make my appointment and get it done. I just have too much stuff going on right now, so I'm a few weeks away I think.

Jerry
Old 03-01-06, 09:26 AM
nicola
Driver

Update -

Got the alignment yesterday and can't be happier with the way the car feels. Steering is FINALLY solid. No shake, no shimmy, no anything except road feel. Did some evasive **** in downtown Manhattan yesterday and the car is 100% improved. Car is much more controlable and goes where you aim it (I also did the Daizen sways). Previous to this, my worn bushings caused a lot of loosness in the wheel and the car basically being sloppy as hell when a lot of fast steering was being done. Larger bumps are also now less brutal on the suspension - the car feels much more planted. Highway driving feels excellent - very smooth and solid.
Old 03-01-06, 11:38 AM
amwendwa
Rookie

May be I should start a new thread, but what the heck. I've ordered my bushings, but don't have a mechanic I can trust. I'm the DC area. Is there a sticky on CL recommended mechanics and shops per region. Can't wait to get these babies on.

cheers
Old 03-01-06, 11:40 AM
nicola
Driver

Originally Posted by amwendwa
May be I should start a new thread, but what the heck. I've ordered my bushings, but don't have a mechanic I can trust. I'm the DC area. Is there a sticky on CL recommended mechanics and shops per region. Can't wait to get these babies on.

cheers
Do a search in your regions forum (on the main forum page). I got my mechanic from the Northeast forum.
Old 03-01-06, 12:02 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by amwendwa

cheers
Might want to call Mo at SRT to see if he has any recommendations. Do a search on here to get more info on him, or someone that knows how to get in touch. Also might want to start a thread in the NELOC forum on CL here, you'll get better local info.
Old 03-01-06, 12:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Originally Posted by nicola
Update -

Got the alignment yesterday and can't be happier with the way the car feels. Steering is FINALLY solid. No shake, no shimmy, no anything except road feel. Did some evasive **** in downtown Manhattan yesterday and the car is 100% improved. Car is much more controlable and goes where you aim it (I also did the Daizen sways). Previous to this, my worn bushings caused a lot of loosness in the wheel and the car basically being sloppy as hell when a lot of fast steering was being done. Larger bumps are also now less brutal on the suspension - the car feels much more planted. Highway driving feels excellent - very smooth and solid.

This is great.
Do you hear any squeaking now or any other sounds coming from the suspension?

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)