Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-06, 12:11 PM
nicola
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by engin_ear
This is great.
Do you hear any squeaking now or any other sounds coming from the suspension?
Nope, not a thing. They used every packet of grease that came with the kit.
Old 03-01-06, 01:20 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amwendwa
May be I should start a new thread, but what the heck. I've ordered my bushings, but don't have a mechanic I can trust. I'm the DC area. Is there a sticky on CL recommended mechanics and shops per region. Can't wait to get these babies on.

cheers
I may end up driving up to NY to get this done. I read about a place up there that is doing the job.
Let me find the thread.
It's post 236 in this thread. Jamiaca is the spot apparently.
Old 03-01-06, 06:20 PM
GS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by engin_ear
this is awesome Frank - thanks! I can't wait to make my appointment and get it done. I just have too much stuff going on right now, so I'm a few weeks away I think.

Jerry
You will not regret getting this done. I had replaced my upper control arms a while ago and I felt a slight improvement. Now at 84k I replaced both upper and lower bushings and it feels awesome.
Old 03-01-06, 06:32 PM
GS4
Driver

Originally Posted by nicola
So yea, def. best $450 I've spent so far (install + kit).

Frank, sucks about the kit - they told me you had problems but I thought it was resolved. I actually went in today to get it installed (they asked if you sent me lol). They mentioned your L-tuned shocks were leaking - both my fronts would not return to default positions without a bench vice so we tossed them. I'm real pissed, as I got them 7 months ago and they're already ****.
Nicola,

Yea I guess its time to get coilovers. The brake kit is getting returned and I'm getting a refund. I just have to figure out which comes first....coilovers... brake kit... ...BOTH

Last edited by GS4; 03-05-06 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-05-06, 10:23 AM
gau17
Driver

Let me just say I had these bushings installed by Todd at TM Engineering and That man earns every cent he charges to put them on. I'm very mechanically inclined and watching him work on my car I started having doubts if I could of done it my self. So many things are involve.

Thanks Todd

Solomon.
Old 03-05-06, 12:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gau17
Let me just say I had these bushings installed by Todd at TM Engineering and That man earns every cent he charges to put them on. I'm very mechanically inclined and watching him work on my car I started having doubts if I could of done it my self. So many things are involve.

Thanks Todd

Solomon.
congrats on the bushings
Old 03-05-06, 01:25 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

this is a question for todd

since doing the upper arms the other day i am having a small problem with alignment , i have a slight drift/pull to the right my tires are not that great i dont know if if because now everything is firmed up front that the tires have worn to the old bushings and now they wanna pull
Old 03-06-06, 12:13 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

could be the old bushings giving a bit play? i think rmmgs4 had something similar but i am not 100%
Old 03-06-06, 08:20 AM
gau17
Driver

It's probably becuase they have been worn out from the previous setting. Also you might want to check your tire pressure.
Old 03-06-06, 01:04 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i am hoping todd will chime in here about my slight drift/pull to the left since doing lower bushings and now the uppers and i had the car aligned twice since
Old 03-06-06, 03:32 PM
gau17
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i am hoping todd will chime in here about my slight drift/pull to the left since doing lower bushings and now the uppers and i had the car aligned twice since
you don't have another set of front rims you can borrow to see if it's your tires that's causing the pull?

Just a thought.
Old 03-06-06, 03:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by gau17
you don't have another set of front rims you can borrow to see if it's your tires that's causing the pull?

Just a thought.
not any that will clear my huge rotora 6 pot calipers
Old 03-06-06, 06:35 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ok someone told me to post up here sorry all been out sick for as long as I can remember at this point! Ed you should switch your front tires left to right to see what happens. Only will take a few minutes and that should help a lot to see at the very least what the problem ISN'T

Could be radial pull from one of the tires.

As far as anything else, it would have to be the alignment, unless something else shifted on the crossmember or even one of the crossmembers themselves.

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 03-06-06 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-06-06, 07:03 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DoubleWhoosh
Ok someone told me to post up here, Ed you should switch your front tires left to right to see what happens. Only will take a few minutes and that should help a lot to see at the very least what the problem ISN'T

Could be radial pull from one of the tires.

As far as anything else, it would have to be the alignment, unless something else shifted on the crossmember or even one of the crossmembers themselves.

okay thanks todd for replying

i did flip the tires , had alignment redone after finishing the upper a arms and toe was way out camber came back to within a tick of spec , pulling not quite as bad but still tends to drift when you say cross member are you suggesting the engine cradle area may have moved and if so how do i twist back into place
Old 03-06-06, 07:13 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
okay thanks todd for replying

i did flip the tires , had alignment redone after finishing the upper a arms and toe was way out camber came back to within a tick of spec , pulling not quite as bad but still tends to drift when you say cross member are you suggesting the engine cradle area may have moved and if so how do i twist back into place
Well what I am saying to do right now is to take off your front tires and switch them. Don't dismount or anything, just put them on the other side. Backwards tread, unidirectional, it doesn't matter, just switch them and see how it behaves.

This will tell you if it's the tires. Then we can go from there. Tires can go bad at any time, even brand new ones.

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)