Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-06, 03:40 PM
GoFaSSter
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dung0981
I wonder do we have to break out the all the metal sleeves on LCA and caster arm.
pics for UCA done.
Thanks Guys
Yes, all the metal sleeves around the outside of the bushings must be removed. I crushed the portion of the sleeve that shows with a vise and then pressed the bushing the rest of the way through with a press. It was actually relatively easy, about the same difficulty level as any other bushing replacement I have done before on other makes of vehicles.
Old 10-15-06, 09:24 PM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks GofaSSter
I removed all the old bushing and put in new one. Tomorrow i am gonna put it back to the car, but i dont know how much torch i have to apply on....
Anyone please
Old 10-16-06, 12:41 AM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

I found it
Thanks anyway
Old 10-16-06, 08:48 PM
GoFaSSter
Driver

Sorry, I was not around. I am glad you found the torque values.
Old 10-22-06, 07:49 PM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks Gofastter
Finally ive done..Tomorrow i will take to aligtment... hope it go right
Old 07-13-08, 10:21 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope I didn't miss it but does anyone have the instruction manual for this?
Old 07-14-08, 04:19 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

I dont think there is an instruction manual, the kind that shows step by step. It's more of a guide as to where the bushing goes. It wont tell you what you need to do in order to get the bushings in. They're pretty easy to install though, except the caster arm bushings. You need some muscle for that.
Old 07-15-08, 06:35 AM
kit cat

Originally Posted by GSteg
I dont think there is an instruction manual, the kind that shows step by step. It's more of a guide as to where the bushing goes. It wont tell you what you need to do in order to get the bushings in. They're pretty easy to install though, except the caster arm bushings. You need some muscle for that.
my friend has air tools and a press.
i'm about to finally do my front wheel bearings so I thought we might as well tackle this.

could someone post up the "guide" please? i always like to have a set of instruction before doing anything.
Old 01-13-09, 04:06 PM
quickex99
Lead Lap

any updates on how these are holding up? Also any lil tricks or write ups with pics? I'll be doing them myself this weekend and don't want any hang ups.. Thanks!
Old 01-13-09, 09:21 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love everything about the Daizen bushings, however I when I go over big bumps, the front end squeaks. I am not complaining, a small price to pay for the improvement. I know other members with the bushings didn't experience noises at all, better yet, all their noises disappeared with the Daizens. My mechanics didn't use all the grease supplied, so it has to be that they didn't lube them enough.

Also, my GS is on bags and when I dump the front end, it really squeaks. My real question is, is it possible that the bushings are squeaking when I dump it because I am damaging them or putting too much stress on them? Or is it perfectly normal and safe to dump it with the Daizen bushings? The bushings are polyurethane, so they are designed to not deflect under load like the stock rubber bushings. I don't know if the air suspension interferes with what the bushings are originally designed to do, so I just want to make sure.
Old 01-13-09, 11:49 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by quickex99
any updates on how these are holding up? Also any lil tricks or write ups with pics? I'll be doing them myself this weekend and don't want any hang ups.. Thanks!
Well, my bushings have been installed over 2 years now.

And I have one definitive conclusion.

I DO NOT recommend this mod for anyone in the Northeast where the roads are bad/rough.

Of all the mods I have done, THIS IS THE ONE MOD THAT I WOULD NOT DO AGAIN.

The reason is that I don't believe that it has added as much to the improvement of handling compared to what it has detracted from ride quality. This is the one mod that will make your Lexus ride like a truck over bumps. The hard bushings transmit all of the road force directly through the steering and suspension to the rest of the car.

It's quite possible that you guys in California, Florida, Texas, etc, where the roads are much newer and smoother do not even feel the roughness.

I'm actually thinking of having these removed. Stiffer sways, sway bushings, braces, coilovers should be enough. I don't take my car on the track. They do also squeak if not lubed periodically.
Old 01-14-09, 12:43 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

To help with the squeaking have the bushings removed and have the mechanic dremel out some groves inside of the bushing and reinstall them with the proper grease (silicone grease). This will help hold the grease in better and supply the bushing with the lubricants they need. Without the groves the grease just gets squeezed out pretty quickly and you will get more squeaking again rather soon. This is how my mechanic explained it to me - and he's the one that built and repairs toyota's Scion race drift car. If anyone's in Orange County it's Hiros Auto Repair in Costa Mesa. Ask for Koji. He and his team are the absolute best.

Mine were squeaking pretty bad and I had this done about 6 months ago and no squeaking since.
Old 04-09-09, 04:05 PM
mayad79
Rookie

Default Need shop in NC

I was hoping that someone could recommend a shop in NC that can handle this job that we trust. I am in Raleigh, but am willing to drive.

Any help is appreciated.

I need bushings so bad that I have to get off the HWY.
Old 03-21-11, 11:35 AM
Philthy29
Driver School Candidate

Good info, I was told when I bought my gs that the bushings were changed with daizen, I get squeeks and car vibrates on the highway, however I need to replace an unbalanced wheel to confirm if it is the bushing or not.
Old 10-08-11, 06:52 PM
airahcaz
Lexus Test Driver

Folks,
my lower ball joints gave way when I turned the steering all the way left during a u-turn, and I've read threads that the bushings could have been the cause.

I had vibrating steering etc. My relative's shop is probably not that sophisticated to change the bushings out, so should I just get all the arms replaced? which?

Secondly, if one doesn't change the arms or bushings, what about changing the ball joints every other year and doing an annual wheel alignment?

btw, I also have the ABS and other lights on now, I suppose those broke, or will they be fixed when the wheel is reattached?

Mods, let me know if this should be a new thread, but a lot of the folks here would have good opinions - thanks.

Last edited by airahcaz; 10-08-11 at 06:59 PM. Reason: additions

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)