Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-05, 03:51 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

speaking of older..any word on bushings for the 1st Gen. My 93 is pushing 240k on the stock bushings, almost 40k miles have been hard ones..drifting..etc. Need a test car? I'm your man.
Old 10-23-05, 05:53 AM
nicknace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my brand new Daizen bushings

No competent local mechanics to install other than stealership, which is balking at installing them, even at 100 bucks an hour. I don't want to spend a grand to install 100 dollar bushings that I don't really even need.

So, if anyone is interested, they are brand new, in the box, sealed in the bag, just got them from Sewell Lexus last week. $90 shipped.
Old 10-23-05, 01:09 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nicknace
No competent local mechanics to install other than stealership, which is balking at installing them, even at 100 bucks an hour. I don't want to spend a grand to install 100 dollar bushings that I don't really even need.

So, if anyone is interested, they are brand new, in the box, sealed in the bag, just got them from Sewell Lexus last week. $90 shipped.
It is not cheap but it should not cost $1k. No one in MA who can recommend a good shop to nicknace?
Old 10-23-05, 03:55 PM
venom47
Driver School Candidate

Default Daizen bushings

Just had the sway and the control arm bushings installed at a local Toyota dealership (no Lex dealers around my way). They were put on in addition to 18x8 Tourmaline's all from Sewell Lexus. The difference is impressive, granted I have 109K on my 98 GS400 but there is no more wandering on the road following every blemish and going all over the lane when braking on uneven road surfaces. This is a highly recommended mod especially for those of us with high miles.

Thanks to rominl and all the others that keep the great info flowing.
Old 10-23-05, 11:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

you are welcome! glad that you just got yourself another "brand new" car

and nicknace, that's a real bummer man.... it's really surprising tehre isn't even a good shop for that
Old 10-24-05, 02:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you are welcome! glad that you just got yourself another "brand new" car

and nicknace, that's a real bummer man.... it's really surprising tehre isn't even a good shop for that

henry , id love to help but
Old 10-24-05, 08:57 AM
Kbueno
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Any update on when the bushings will be available for an 01 GS430?? Todd indicated they would be in about now..?
Old 10-24-05, 05:59 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nicknace

Nicj you've got pm.

Someone plz answer this question. When you go on Sewell's website & look at the pics of the bushings it looks diff. like 2 of the big bushings id missing and TM's has 4 big bushings.
Old 10-24-05, 06:04 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Default How come there's no Next Day option for Sewell??

I am trying to get these bushings ASAP but I live closer to Texas than Cali. but Darrell does'nt have a Next Day shipping option on his website & I lost his number.
Old 10-29-05, 08:33 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can someone break down what seems to be the best bang for the buck in terms of fixing the loose steering issue?

Is it the control arms? Upper or lower?

Or is it the new bushings?

And which items require more labor time?

I want this to be next mod for sure, just trying to get more info on all the elements involved. Their seems to be multiple items, with various benefits.
Old 10-31-05, 01:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Can someone break down what seems to be the best bang for the buck in terms of fixing the loose steering issue?

Is it the control arms? Upper or lower?

Or is it the new bushings?

And which items require more labor time?

I want this to be next mod for sure, just trying to get more info on all the elements involved. Their seems to be multiple items, with various benefits.
you get the new control arms ONLY for the new rubber bushings anyway. just get the daizen bushings which are a lot more durable and overall price with installation is probably cheaper
Old 10-31-05, 07:41 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
you get the new control arms ONLY for the new rubber bushings anyway. just get the daizen bushings which are a lot more durable and overall price with installation is probably cheaper
So, Rom, are you saying that you get new control arms when you get the replace the standard rubber bushings....but when you get the new Daizan bushings, you just get the bushings?

I suspect that just the bushing kit is ALOT cheaper than arms/bushings.

And JUST the Daizan bushings made your car's steering significantly improve? Or did you get new arms too?
Old 10-31-05, 01:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, bushings are a lot cheaper
Old 11-02-05, 05:42 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

My bushings are coming! Bought them from fellow CL member Nicknace (great to deal with) ...will keep you guys posted once my mechanic swaps these in.
Old 11-09-05, 08:51 AM
nicola
Driver

Does anyone have an estimate # of hours it will take a decent mechanic to put these in?

Quick Reply: Daizen GS front control arm bushings - review thread (final)