Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Supra SubFrame Mounts (installation question)...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-05 | 10:27 PM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

Default Supra SubFrame Mounts (installation question)...

For those who have installed Supra Subframe mounts along with the Supra Sway Bars...I have a question. Do these get installed backwards? There is an arrow on them that points to the front of the vehicle, however I installed it that way and now the bushing mounts won't fit b/c the bar isn't wide enough to cover both mounts. Do I install it pointing towards the rear of the car? Will that allow me to get the bushing mounts with enough space on the sway bar itself?

Lastly, I removed 1 subframe mount at a time, meaning I loosened 1 side and removed and installed the new mount on. It was a PITA!! I look back now and I'm thinking...would it have helped if I loosened BOTH of the subframe mounts? Would that have made them easier to come off?

Please give me some advice...I don't know why, but nothing seems to be working out for me lately
Old 09-05-05 | 09:47 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

From what I've read, the mounts for the sway bars should be inwards, meaning they should be closest to each other for the bar to fit. Also, you can loosen the mounts together but only replace them one at a time.
Old 09-06-05 | 11:36 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

TRD,

I think these guys have your answer, see page three of three in this thread : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ubframe+mounts

You could probably pm ACleanSC4 , wmulli , or rscott who may be able to answer your question. When you get this done, would you please post it here, I am going after that myself in the next few weeks.

Thanks and good luck,
Old 09-09-05 | 05:16 AM
TRDSupraSE
Intermediate

Thanks for the help, but I figured it out. The sway bar mounts have to be positioned towards the center or the car in order for the TT sway bars to mount up. If you look at the mounts from above you can see its slightly offset towards one side. I had to dremel the holes a little bit to get them to fit on nicely. Not bad at all. It took me about 4 hours to redo my mess up and get it on correctly. If you can do the rear, the fronts are a snap. Good luck!

Originally Posted by SCoupe
TRD,

I think these guys have your answer, see page three of three in this thread : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ubframe+mounts

You could probably pm ACleanSC4 , wmulli , or rscott who may be able to answer your question. When you get this done, would you please post it here, I am going after that myself in the next few weeks.

Thanks and good luck,