Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake noise when accelerating at low speed!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-05, 11:06 AM
Fiya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I'll do this even though the wheel is difficult to turn when the car is lifted. I hope I can use up enough of the pad soon. And I will triple check my install

Originally Posted by rscott
How many miles have you put on the pads?

the point of the high speed break in method is to get an even coat of melted brake pad material onto the surface of the rotor. it is that layer that is the reason the brakes work so well. If you get an uneven layer then that is bad. Thats why youre not suppossed to stop when you do the break in method.

anyway, if the condition doesnt improve after a week or so of regular driving, double and triple check your install. If everything is right, check it again. once youre certain that everything is right, pull the pads and use the red goop brake quiet stuff. This is the BEST stuff to use. its sold in a bottle a bout 4 inches high.
Coat the area between the pad and the first shim, then the area between the two shims. press them together then wipe off the excess. Also, make sure your caliper is clean at the areas where the pad touches to make sure theres no debris holding it in place and that it can move freely. Let the red goop sit on the back of the pads before installing for about an hour before installing to make sure it forms a little thicker of a layer and dries that way. recompress your calipers and then reinstall. The goop will act as sort of a spring. Remember that the pads will ALWAYS sit so close to the rotor that the gap will be almost invisible. but the gap will eventually be there.
Old 09-26-05, 04:47 PM
Vitamin-SC
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default brake noise

any answers for this problem I have the same issue

Last edited by Vitamin-SC; 02-15-06 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-15-06, 06:04 PM
Vitamin-SC
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

any answers or any advice i HAVE SEARCHED AND THIS IS THE MOST i'VE FOUND