Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Front Goodridge stanless steel brake lines 4 inches shorter than stock lines

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-05, 12:47 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Front Goodridge stanless steel brake lines 4 inches shorter than stock lines

Hey everybody, are you ready to jump into the wayback machine? A long time ago (Fall of ’02) I participated in Carson Toyota’s “New Brake Group Buy” which included Goodridge stainless steel brake lines, cross drilled and slotted CAD plated rotors, and brake pad upgrade kit. In years past I installed the rotors and not much else. Well, the rear pads started squealin’ so I figured it was as good a time as any to finish the upgrade.

This brings us up to present day and to my dilemma. I’m trying to install Goodridge SS brake kit model # ZZDN-20 which notes “special order.” All 4 SS brake lines are the same length. I installed the rears first, those went pretty well. I’m now trying to install the fronts and they are almost 4 inches shorter than the stock lines they’re meant to replace!!!

I called Goodridge and they said they can’t reference part number ZZDN-20 as it’s too old for their system. They’re investigating what part would be correct for this application. But after checking their web site, it looks like they now have a kit specifically designed for the SC (part nuber 21113) when in 2002 they didn’t.

The question to my fellow SC brethren is, did anybody else here on ClubLexus participate in the group buy? And if so, were your front SS brake lines significantly shorter than the sock? And if they were, did you install them and have any problems?

A Goodridge representative is to call me back with pricing for just the 2 front lines. I’m wondering if I’ll be ok using what I have. Or should I wait on finishing the upgrade, and pay for the current part they have for our cars?

The links to the group buy are here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/club-lexus-vendor-marketplace/49590-brake-deal-group-buy-pricing-breakdown.html
and here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/club-lexus-vendor-marketplace/53884-new-brake-group-buy-gs-sc-and-is-only.html
Old 09-13-05, 02:55 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Here's a pic that shows the length difference.

Old 09-13-05, 04:27 PM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like you got sent two pairs of rear brake lines?
Old 09-13-05, 06:02 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

You should call Carson. It could be that they sent the wrong part. It's happened before