Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: which coilovers are the best for the 2nd gen gs
teins
70.83%
bilstein pss
29.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

teins cs/flex/ha or bilstein pss

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 08:28 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by svt5150
TLW is on ZEAL coilovers right now but believe he is going AR soon.

100% correct on all counts

Digital Airruner
Old 09-27-05, 09:08 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
yes indeed and lovin them
Add me to the PSS family. Thanks to Ed and Dave's recommendations and writeups, I went with the Bilstein PSS coils, and FINALLY had them installed last week Friday. I am in love with the ride, the handling and the look (Im on 19's and have about a finger gap all around...and they coils are still settling). I have no regrets about my purchase, save several hundred $ in the process, and have a life time warranty as a bonus!!!

Thanks Ed and Dave for making me a believer!!! hahaha!
Old 09-28-05, 12:13 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Click here for my detailed writeup on Bilstein PSS and decision making process on choosing them.

My advice - if you want to slam your car to the ground (all the time or for shows) or have the flexibility of changing the dampening from inside the car (EFDC option), get the Teins.

If you want a lifetime warranty, hard but not too harsh handling, low but not tucked/ slammed look get the Bilsteins. I believe they are also significantly less expensive than the Teins by several hundred dollars.

PS there are a number of other posts just like this if you search
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=bilstein+pss
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=bilstein+pss
etc
Are there any clublexus discount on the bilstein pss? shox.com has it for 1375.00
Old 09-28-05, 01:29 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Are there any clublexus discount on the bilstein pss? shox.com has it for 1375.00

they give me a small discount, but when I bought them they were priced at $850
Old 09-28-05, 02:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by markgs4
Add me to the PSS family. Thanks to Ed and Dave's recommendations and writeups, I went with the Bilstein PSS coils, and FINALLY had them installed last week Friday. I am in love with the ride, the handling and the look (Im on 19's and have about a finger gap all around...and they coils are still settling). I have no regrets about my purchase, save several hundred $ in the process, and have a life time warranty as a bonus!!!

Thanks Ed and Dave for making me a believer!!! hahaha!

bilsteins rock

glad to have helped they handle great dont they
Old 09-28-05, 03:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I have Flex and love 'em, by the way, especially with the EDFC. TLW why did you 'truly hate' them?

My advice, forget what people say - get a ride in a car with each and THEN decide.
Old 09-28-05, 05:27 PM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
I have Flex and love 'em, by the way, especially with the EDFC. TLW why did you 'truly hate' them?

My advice, forget what people say - get a ride in a car with each and THEN decide.

that's probably the best advice there is, at least that way you get a feel for them both, rather than trying to base it off of someone else's opinion (which may differ greatly from yours after youve bought the suspension and had it installed)
Old 09-28-05, 08:35 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the price of new bilsteins (less than 1k) and price of new teins (over 1k) i would have probally gotten the bilsteins.

dont get me wrong i like my teins, but i bet if tein did not make adjustable dampening their share in the coilover market wouldnt be so high.

for the most part wouldnt you guys agree most of us tein owners bought our coilovers because of the adjustable dampening? well i have to say i dont adjust my dampening because i dont own an edfc yet..and when i do there goes another 200-300$

i guess what im trying to say is... if you plan on just simply installing, adjusthing height, and then leaving it alone... i would grab bilsteins and save a few hundred.
Old 10-03-05, 12:25 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joshoowa
for the price of new bilsteins (less than 1k) and price of new teins (over 1k) i would have probally gotten the bilsteins.

dont get me wrong i like my teins, but i bet if tein did not make adjustable dampening their share in the coilover market wouldnt be so high.

for the most part wouldnt you guys agree most of us tein owners bought our coilovers because of the adjustable dampening? well i have to say i dont adjust my dampening because i dont own an edfc yet..and when i do there goes another 200-300$

i guess what im trying to say is... if you plan on just simply installing, adjusthing height, and then leaving it alone... i would grab bilsteins and save a few hundred.
If you are only about pricing, then that's fine.

If not, Tein makes a variety of systems so you can't directly compare the Bilstein PSS to the different Tein setups. If you ride in a car with the PSS and like it, then the lower pricing would be a bonus. If it is not for you and one of the Tein's is a better fit, the choice would still be for the Tein.
Old 10-03-05, 12:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,367 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
If you are only about pricing, then that's fine.
Doesn't Bilstein also have a much better warranty for the lower price ?

Kidding aside, the point on riding in them wherever possible is best case. Unfortunately, unless you live in LA, SF or maybe NY or DC its pretty hard to find anyone to get a ride to taste test the different brands, much less the different models (cs, flex, ha, etc). I made my decision to get the Bilsteins a couple of years ago partially because of a ride in a Bilstein-equipped GS that I was very impressed about and I'd never ridden in a GS with Teins or any other brand of coilover.
Old 10-03-05, 04:51 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,584 Posts

DASHOCKER's in NY - he can find someone with just about anything, if not right in NY, then in NJ or PA, CT or even MA.
Old 11-01-05, 04:37 AM
GSXLEX
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There will soon be a GS in NJ with Bilstein PSS..
Old 11-01-05, 09:03 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i just installed tein ss this past weekend only driven them for about a day and a half. Give me about a week and I'll let ya know how it goes. Still have to install the edfc though.

So far i'm very happy with them. Also I have been in dashocker's car with the bilstein its a nice ride.

I
Old 11-01-05, 12:15 PM
FunGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ yeah what he said. i agree. same teins SS are same price as Bilsteins. I had both and loved the Bilsteins but when i went with teins they are both dampening and height adjustable,
Old 11-01-05, 12:20 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

i went with Bilsteins because it is a company with a reputation in racing and is world renowned for high performance suspensions. Porsche, BMW M, and Mercedes AMG use Bilstein. Nuff said

Quick Reply: teins cs/flex/ha or bilstein pss