Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TRD Lower Braces needed?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-01, 10:41 AM
lex430
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I am getting the TRD f+b sways from Steve, and I am currently debating about the TRD lower braces and the TRD STB. As I want to do the mods slowly, but in case I can't get the TRD stuff later or for as good of a price!

I want to get some opinions from people that have lower braces, how much does it help? Also, are there two separate lower braces that you need, for front and back?

as for STB, I read somewhere before that you also should get front+back together for maximum effect, how true is that?

I would really appreciate any clarifications or suggestions.

Old 07-17-01, 01:31 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lex,

just start w/sways, you might be satisfied. if not, steve can always get more for you later.

pricewise it is very hard to say. because recently after seeing more demand for trd stuff from us CL guys, some trd prices actually went down.

steve is a cool guy. if there is more savings, he passes on to us; if it does increase, it would not be much either.
the strut and lower brasis are not expensive in the first place, so either way the prices swing are not much.

will
Old 07-17-01, 06:02 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,439 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Originally posted by lex430
Hi,

I am getting the TRD f+b sways from Steve, and I am currently debating about the TRD lower braces and the TRD STB. As I want to do the mods slowly, but in case I can't get the TRD stuff later or for as good of a price!

I want to get some opinions from people that have lower braces, how much does it help? Also, are there two separate lower braces that you need, for front and back?

as for STB, I read somewhere before that you also should get front+back together for maximum effect, how true is that?

I would really appreciate any clarifications or suggestions.

lex - you're going to like the minimal body roll with the sways. As for the lower chassis brace, there's only a front one I believe. As for how much diff. it will make, I don't know since I had it installed at the same time as the sways.

Likewise I had the front STB installed at the same time as my L-Tuned springs/shocks!

Some who have ONLY installed the STB say it made a noticable diff. Given how beefy it is, it's not surprising. Replacing the LCB won't make as much diff. since there's already one there, but I did it anyway, just to know I had a nice rigid setup.

In fact, I'm now getting the rear STB (Tom's, from Steve also), to complete the picture.

So each step will make the suspension and body more rigid with less flex, which improves steering and handling.

Just depends on the budget in the end!
Old 07-21-01, 01:51 AM
David GS400
Pole Position

I first installed the STB and it made the steering much more responsive. The LCB was next and it seemed to make the steering just a little more precise. The two are meant to work together.

The sways came next and they eliminated bodyroll. They also stiffened the ride, but the car handles really flat.

I think if budget is the driving force, at least go with the STB. It makes the chassis much more rigid and looks great under the hood. The stock GS has a lower chassis brace, but it is pretty flimsy. . . But liveable.
Old 07-24-01, 04:46 AM
BBD
....BANNED! :-)

Last I checked with Steve he was all out of stock with the sway bars and chassis brace i want mine fast